LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
I ordered mine a few days ago, but it's back ordered till mid December (Best Buy USA). Have not been able to buy a 2.1 card. The AMD launch was a joke here in the USA. People really take us for idiot consumers. I was watching some HDR content (Magnetic fluids) as well as the Lg honey one on my TCL 6 series (2019) and the blacks are pitch black on this tv. I was wondering how the OLED could possibly get better than this? I did watch the Oled honey video (the LG demo) in store twice. It looked great, but not "hugely better" than on the tcl. Furthermore, one of my main monitors is an ASUS PB328Q. A color perfect monitor. I am so curious to see if the CX48 will be accurate. Anyway, getting all the other stuff ready (stand etc). I will also buy some ambient backlights.

Associate
1st post (go easy lol)

I got mine yesterday, it's really amazing, only using on a 2080ti right now (so only 60hz @ 4k) but hoping to get a 30xx card soon. Image quality and colour is insanely good, especially moving away from a 165hz TN Panel.

Mine didn't have any smell or anything some of the others were talking about, no issues at all.

Soldato
Mine has just updated to 03.11.30 also but i can't see it referenced on the lg support site yet as to what it changed ? i know Vincent said a fix for VVR 120hz stutter was coming but his version was 03.21.03.

Associate
I ordered mine a few days ago, but it's back ordered till mid December (Best Buy USA). Have not been able to buy a 2.1 card. The AMD launch was a joke here in the USA. People really take us for idiot consumers. I was watching some HDR content (Magnetic fluids) as well as the Lg honey one on my TCL 6 series (2019) and the blacks are pitch black on this tv. I was wondering how the OLED could possibly get better than this? I did watch the Oled honey video (the LG demo) in store twice. It looked great, but not "hugely better" than on the tcl. Furthermore, one of my main monitors is an ASUS PB328Q. A color perfect monitor. I am so curious to see if the CX48 will be accurate. Anyway, getting all the other stuff ready (stand etc). I will also buy some ambient backlights.

Did you consider Costco? They have really good deals on this screen right now. Free 5 year protection, $200 off in gift cards, and cashback and an additional 2 year warranty with citi card. US gets all the good deals... :rolleyes:

Associate
Did you consider Costco? They have really good deals on this screen right now. Free 5 year protection, $200 off in gift cards, and cashback and an additional 2 year warranty with citi card. US gets all the good deals... :rolleyes:
I am looking into this. It seems their protection plan is the Allstate protection plan, and allstate does not cover burn in. I need to investigate

Soldato
Has anyone mounted this on an arm and got a vesa adapter plate that fits without covering up any ports etc? the vivo plate i've seen recommended is not available in the UK so i'm looking for an alternative.

Also if anyone can recommend a known to work (4k 120hz 10bit) hdmi 2.1 cable that would be ace ta.

Last edited:
Associate
Does 4k @ 120hz work fine with the 30xx cards? (HDMI 2.1)

Also, do you need a high quality cable to do 4k @ 120hz? or will a £4.99 HDMI cable work fine with 120hz 4k ?

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Anyone with their LG from John Lewis get the new firmware ?

Mine spent a few minutes updating then left it for a few minutes, switch it off and on and nothing its like it downloaded a ghost firmware !

Associate

Your TCL 6 Series is QLED so you can't compare the black levels to an OLED TV with ink blacks and the reason why you are updating your last year TLC -TV is because it doesn't support 4k @120hz gaming but the LG CX do with HDMI 2.1

Back
Top Bottom