Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Soldato
Oh those will come in time! Nuke town comes this week

What I meant was, there was bugs with MW - I would download massive update, plat for a bit, then next time come back I have to download it all again. This happened over and over, with multiple updates. I just had enough in the end.

Soldato
I've noticed the connection has been quite poor over the weekend, had the game hang at the summary screen a couple of times too. Seem to be getting the hang of it a little better now though and made Prestige 1 13 last night. I've got to kill 10 people in the water to finish boot camp but apart from the swimming pool in "Miami" I've not seen anywhere they'd be anyone to shoot?

Soldato
I've noticed the connection has been quite poor over the weekend, had the game hang at the summary screen a couple of times too. Seem to be getting the hang of it a little better now though and made Prestige 1 13 last night. I've got to kill 10 people in the water to finish boot camp but apart from the swimming pool in "Miami" I've not seen anywhere they'd be anyone to shoot?

The Aramda map (the two battleships). If you're playing regular modes it'll be the single boat with the hollowed out middle with the sub in the middle. That would only be any good for hardpoint when the point moves to the sub. If you play combined arms it's two boats with quite a bit of water on it. Not sure how easy it'll be though as most people just sit on opposite boats trying to snipe each other.

Associate
Managed to get this working on ps5 at 120hz.

You have to enable performance option in game and app settings.

Then on screen settings you need to disable HDR and set to 1080p.

When you load game up the option will still be greyed out but should show 120hz enabled.

Don
Is anyone successfully using the PS5 version of this game? Every time I load it up, after clicking connect the game crashes. It’s a 212gb game and the PS4 version around 140gb, I’d really like to free up some space but the PS4 version is the only one that works. I’ve deleted the PS5 version and redownloaded and still the same crash on startup. So frustrating.

I’ve got a feeling it’s something to do with my profile as I get notification every day that the current save is older than that in the cloud. I’m assuming when the game connects it’s pulling my profile and crashing. I suppose I could try delete it.

Associate
Is anyone successfully using the PS5 version of this game? Every time I load it up, after clicking connect the game crashes. It’s a 212gb game and the PS4 version around 140gb, I’d really like to free up some space but the PS4 version is the only one that works. I’ve deleted the PS5 version and redownloaded and still the same crash on startup. So frustrating.

I’ve got a feeling it’s something to do with my profile as I get notification every day that the current save is older than that in the cloud. I’m assuming when the game connects it’s pulling my profile and crashing. I suppose I could try delete it.

My disk version is running fine, are you using disk version or download?

If using download only does it give you a choice of what modules to install or do you have to do the whole lot?

Looking at the storage space in my drive:

Multiplayer is 41.75gb

Zombies is 5.02gb

Dead ops is 9.73gb

Campaign is 3 parts, totalling 63.73gb

All together is 150gb, does yours match the above.

Assume the 225gb is for when war zone drops next month.

Don
My disk version is running fine, are you using disk version or download?

If using download only does it give you a choice of what modules to install or do you have to do the whole lot?

Looking at the storage space in my drive:

Multiplayer is 41.75gb

Zombies is 5.02gb

Dead ops is 9.73gb

Campaign is 3 parts, totalling 63.73gb

All together is 150gb, does yours match the above.

Assume the 225gb is for when war zone drops next month.

Yep, all the same. It's the digital version. Like I said, PS4 version is fine but PS5 just crashes after that small video with the red telephone. I guess I'll just await a patch, no idea what to try next.

I deleted my profiles like I mentioned above. The only thing I could try is completely delete it all and download again.

Associate
Hmm, not sure. Have you tried running in 1080p?

When the red phone into appears on mine it logs into Call of Duty account and checks for updates, do you even get that far?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Managed to get this working on ps5 at 120hz.

You have to enable performance option in game and app settings.

Then on screen settings you need to disable HDR and set to 1080p.

When you load game up the option will still be greyed out but should show 120hz enabled.

Can you not play at 1440p120?

Associate
Can you not play at 1440p120?

Cold War does not allow you to set resolution within the options. You have to set it from the ps5 settings.

the ps5 displays setting only gives me 720p, 1080i, 1080p and 2160p options. Not sure why no 1440p.

edit - ps5 does not support 1440p

“the PS5 won’t output natively to 1440p monitors, instead scaling up from 1080p. Nishino says this is because Sony wanted to focus on TV support at first, but notes that there’s no technical reason why it couldn’t be done and may be added if the company decides there’s enough demand.”

Associate
That's exactly where it crashes, just after checking for an update. Weird.

Once you have downloaded the game do you have to be online/logged into PSN network to play it or is their offline mode?

Maybe issue with the servers, doubt it’s related but none of my stats are showing on the tracker sites either and I have been playing MP for two days.

Don
Once you have downloaded the game do you have to be online/logged into PSN network to play it or is their offline mode?

Maybe issue with the servers, doubt it’s related but none of my stats are showing on the tracker sites either and I have been playing MP for two days.

We have another PS5 int he household and works fine on that so must be something corrupt on mine :(

Man of Honour
Cold War does not allow you to set resolution within the options. You have to set it from the ps5 settings.

the ps5 displays setting only gives me 720p, 1080i, 1080p and 2160p options. Not sure why no 1440p.

edit - ps5 does not support 1440p

“the PS5 won’t output natively to 1440p monitors, instead scaling up from 1080p. Nishino says this is because Sony wanted to focus on TV support at first, but notes that there’s no technical reason why it couldn’t be done and may be added if the company decides there’s enough demand.”

That's a shame as CoD runs at around 1200-1440p in 120Hz so you're missing out on quite a lot of fidelity with 1080p. I wonder why it can't just upscale it to 4k120.

Back
Top Bottom