2007 Astra 1.9CDTI (150) clutch issue

Associate
OP
I picked it up Friday morning before work.

They replaced the DMF and also the clutch bearing and showed me the problematic parts - you could hear the noise moving by hand. The garage were brilliant about it, one of the owners explained that had it been out of warranty it would have cost £600 minimum for the parts + labour due to the difficulty/work involved.

The car feels even smoother and I am a very happy owner once again!

I do however need to chase them for the paperwork/receipts of the work ideally though as I don't really have any proof of the work being carried out.

Thanks everyone for your help/guidance/support.

Associate
Hello, what became of your Astra?
My 1.9CDTI is coming up to it’s second clutch change.
My first clutch failed at 90k at the traffic lights and at the same time i had the DMF changed becos i had the same rattle you had.
Since having the car back from the first clutch change, i’ve lost the use of 3rd gear, it started off with a small scrunch but now it won’t engage at all. (Garage told me the box got damaged when the clutch failed)
So here we are 5 years later and at 180k miles and i’m thinking of getting the clutch done before inconvenient failure in middle of traffic.
Just wandering if i should get the DMF done at same time (not having any rattling noise) and also get my 3rd gear problem fixed while everything out.

Associate
Thank you. Bought the car in 2009 with 15k on the clock and always been well maintained but when clutch next goes, which will be anytime soon based on the last failure, not sure whether to spend out on new clutch, DMF and gearbox.

Associate
OP
Holy thread revival indeed.

DMF and clutch got replaced at 64,000 miles and then needed another DMF / gearbox rebuild close to 110k. I ran it with a DTUK tuning box for the last 20,000 miles which wouldn't have done it any favours!

It was a sad day because the H was my first car and i used to average 50mpg even with the occasional spirited drive!

I couldn't justify spending money on repairs that nearly outvalued the car.
I flogged it for £1500 (three years ago) and got a one year old Astra K, 1.6T petrol 200PS with lots of gadgets which i still have today.

Associate
So you had her for another 5 years. Nice.
So i’m in the same situation you were in 3 years ago.
Back in 2015 i had my first clutch & DMF done at 92,000miles.
Today i’m at 180,000miles and although i’m not getting any issues with anything, i know i must be very close.
The repair bill is gonna far out weigh the cars value.
Not sure what to do when the time comes.

Soldato
I bought an 08 plate Astra 6 months ago. It hasnt gone wrong yet but it always feels like it's just about to.

Just to put the cherry on the cake it's the 1.3 litre diesel and it's now on 175,000 miles. Still 70,000 less then the car it replaced.

Back
Top Bottom