• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
What rechargeable battery packs are you guys all using for your controllers? I can't use the one from my old One X as the battery cover appears to fit differently. Thanks.

Eneloop batteries and an amazon charger with overcharge protection. None of the battery packs or stands seem to have overcharge protection or particularly high charge.

Soldato
Spoke to microsoft support using online chat and now have the extended warranty on my series X was a bit of faffing about but worth it for £39

Soldato
What made it a faff?

you cant do it yourself the agent first told me not available until i said i know someone who extended it via an agent

They then got me to add a card to my online account then i had to tell them id done that, then they raised an order and i had to acknowledge it, then i had to say i authorised him to bill my card etc etc

Just took quite a long time

Associate
All that just for an extended warranty lol.

Took about 30 minutes in chat, was easy enough on PC. Me in Bold/Italics

I wish to purchase Complete warranty for my new Series X i purchased directly from MS
Hello! My name is Clent. Thank you for purchasing the Xbox Series X. Just for confirmation, may I please know where was the device itself purchased? Is it in the Microsoft Store Online?
yes, on september 22 2020 at around 8am

Bit of account info/verification and the plan i wanted to order and then the following:

Thank you for your patience! The order is now set. Are we going to use the Microsoft Balance in your account for the purchase?
yes, there is more than enough in there
By processing this order on your behalf you are agreeing to the Microsoft Terms of Sale. Do I have your permission to place this order?
yes you do have permission to place the order
Thank you! The order is now completed! You should receive a purchase confirmation email within 2-5 mins.

Some waiting between parts of conversation but it was a doddle.

Honestly, ordering the Series X with £100-110 off directly with MS on September 22 has been the easiest console purchase ever, going back to the SNES/Megadrive days.
Getting the extended warranty through chat was easy.

Getting a PS5 has been the worst, simply as its the first time i have failed to get a console. Will still get one but god knows when that will be :(

Soldato
@CaptainRAVE

went to a high street retailer today and bought a cheap laptop LOL! Not a bad wee machine if I’m honest..

updated the firmware and all is well :)

gonna hold onto the laptop, as it’s handy to have W10 or macOS for general tasks that a phone / tablet can’t do.

Man of Honour
@CaptainRAVE

went to a high street retailer today and bought a cheap laptop LOL! Not a bad wee machine if I’m honest..

updated the firmware and all is well :)

gonna hold onto the laptop, as it’s handy to have W10 or macOS for general tasks that a phone / tablet can’t do.

Well that’s one way to do it :p

I still find it a bizarre way to have to update the firmware for a console accessory. At least they do update it often and this firmware seems to have massively improved the connectivity.

Funny to think on the morning of 22nd September I had no idea what an Xbox X or S was and here I am happily gaming away.

Can’t wait to see the true next gen titles.

Soldato
Well that’s one way to do it :p

I still find it a bizarre way to have to update the firmware for a console accessory. At least they do update it often and this firmware seems to have massively improved the connectivity.

yeah, I was surprised when I loaded the app on iOS that it couldn’t update through that tbh.

Man of Honour
Any of you guys running your xbsx on a high hz monitor? If so what monitor, size and resolution are you using?

I'm in limbo at them moment. I got got a 60hz 4k TV I'll play single player games on. But to play games like Warzone I'm looking to get a 1080p / 1440p 120hz + monitor at the mid price range.

I’ll be getting the Dell S2721DGF soon for mine. nothing comes close for ~£280.

Soldato
So what happens with people who have bought a series x from other retailers??
I’m assuming that Microsoft will not sell the extended warranty to those people??

People here have been told to contact the retailer that they bought it from for their version if available. Some have sorted it through Amazon but I'm not sure if it's the same as Complete.

Back
Top Bottom