What would cause this?

Associate
OP
Back to the manufacturer you go. Send en email to support that the monitor is faulty.

You get super duper scan lines. Send them a video of you have too or photos.

You have already done the diagnostics. Should be good for a replacement as long as you haven’t damaged it yourself.

I submitted a ticket today, dont know what MSI response times are like but with the whole Covid situation im guessing it will be abit longer than normal to get a response, just a waiting game i guess :(

Associate
OP
Can you not pick up a second hand one from the MM or maybe someone close too you on FB or something? Or give your other half some flowers lol :D Tell her your monitor is broken. Does she know? lol

Will check with family see if they have anything spare, failing that FB marketplace for something cheap.

Associate
OP
Well, I finally got a reply from the repair team:

Your monitor has been inspected and found to have an irreparable fault with the TFT panel.
MSi have requested a copy of the proof of purchase in order to proceed with a credit for you, if you could send that over at your earliest convenience I will forward it to MSi for processing.

I thought they would just replace the monitor with a brand new one. So I'm getting credit to buy another MSI monitor, what if I don't want another :( @MSIUK Support

Associate
OP
Did they specify that it is some kind of "MSI store credit" or might they just mean they are going to refund you?

All they said is what i put, not very clear as to what they mean. The thing is iv looked for the same monitor and to buy it now is £100 more LOL i would much prefer for them to send me a brand new one. They did ask for a receipt, but the only thing i have is a statement from the place of purchase as i bought it with credit and paid it off 2 months later so i don't have a receipt as such, i just hope that will suffice.

It seems they only offer credit when they have no suitable replacements available, i don't have any complaints if they want to upgrade me to the 4k version :D but this sounds like im going to be forced to buy something from MSI, surely that's not right :( @MSIUK Support

Got an email from MSI repair tech that its going to take a further 2 weeks to get the credit and the credit will go to the retailer i bought the monitor from, great! they are selling it for more than i bought it now so not only am i without a monitor from no fault of my own, im now going to have to spend more money to get the same model o.O what kind of logic is this MSI

Last edited:
Associate
All they said is what i put, not very clear as to what they mean. The thing is iv looked for the same monitor and to buy it now is £100 more LOL i would much prefer for them to send me a brand new one. They did ask for a receipt, but the only thing i have is a statement from the place of purchase as i bought it with credit and paid it off 2 months later so i don't have a receipt as such, i just hope that will suffice.

It seems they only offer credit when they have no suitable replacements available, i don't have any complaints if they want to upgrade me to the 4k version :D but this sounds like im going to be forced to buy something from MSI, surely that's not right :( @MSIUK Support

Got an email from MSI repair tech that its going to take a further 2 weeks to get the credit and the credit will go to the retailer i bought the monitor from, great! they are selling it for more than i bought it now so not only am i without a monitor from no fault of my own, im now going to have to spend more money to get the same model o.O what kind of logic is this MSI

They're sailing very close to the wind here. It's a classic repair or replacement scenario and putting you in a position where you have to part pay the cost of a replacement isn't appropriate.

I would talk to the store directly.

Associate
OP
They're sailing very close to the wind here. It's a classic repair or replacement scenario and putting you in a position where you have to part pay the cost of a replacement isn't appropriate.

I would talk to the store directly.

Just got another email saying it will be a full refund, just need to contact very and see how they will deal with it ie will it go on the account or will it go back on my credit card.

Back
Top Bottom