• Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I'll try straight to TV tonight when I get in from work and have a mess about, see if I can find the issue

Well I tried direct to TV, and also tried a different HDMI cable and it still cuts out/static.

It happens on the boot up sound and can be quite easily reproduced by going into and then back out of settings via the dashboard

Soldato
Well that’s one way to do it :p

I still find it a bizarre way to have to update the firmware for a console accessory. At least they do update it often and this firmware seems to have massively improved the connectivity.

Funny to think on the morning of 22nd September I had no idea what an Xbox X or S was and here I am happily gaming away.

Can’t wait to see the true next gen titles.

What caught your attention all of a sudden with console gaming?

Do you think you would consider getting the PS5 as well further down the line?

Man of Honour
What caught your attention all of a sudden with console gaming?

Do you think you would consider getting the PS5 as well further down the line?

Good question.

- less faff with drivers, things not working etc
- silly gpu upgrade costs for little extra gain with high to ultra type settings
- roughly locked frame caps without having to endlessly play with settings
- sofa gaming (could have done this with pc, but it’s a bit more effortless with the console interface)
- console graphics that are now vaguely comparable to pc
- I always said I’d consider the next gen and pc-like features like SSDs and some new innovations like quick resume sweetened the deal
- the Xbox with game pass is an incredible combo
- 4K gaming that would have required a new monitor...although I ended up buying a new tv anyway, but only because I was so impressed with the X (and the wife was complaining)
- I got swept away with the hype :p

Yes, I may down the line, especially for Horizon, loved that game. My tv only has one 2.1 port, so that’s a little restrictive until you can get decent switches. Funnily enough I logged into amazon by chance the moment the PS5 became available, but I decided against it.

Caporegime
Bought a cheap used copy of RDR2 and started playing it today.

Wow, what a magnificent looking game. I've never seen such good animation on animals etc, or atmostpheric effects for that matter.

Even more impressive, is that the Series X was barely breaking a sweat. Wasnt even getting warm (unlike when playing gears tactics). I assume this is owing to the 30fps cap.

Would be good if rockstar could release a patch to unlock the framerate, as the game clearly isnt working the console hard enough :p.

Caporegime
Good question.

- silly gpu upgrade costs for little extra gain with high to ultra type settings
- sofa gaming (could have done this with pc, but it’s a bit more effortless with the console interface)
- I always said I’d consider the next gen and pc-like features like SSDs and some new innovations like quick resume sweetened the deal
- 4K gaming that would have required a new monitor...although I ended up buying a new tv anyway, but only because I was so impressed with the X (and the wife was complaining)

Yes, I may down the line, especially for Horizon, loved that game. My tv only has one 2.1 port, so that’s a little restrictive until you can get decent switches. Funnily enough I logged into amazon by chance the moment the PS5 became available, but I decided against it.

I agree with all of this and it is what made me sell my existing graphics card and put the money towards a Series X. The main thing i hated with the old gen was the slow drives. I can't abide long loading times and slow/irritating UI's.

Also, GPU prices are just silly now. Let's face it, the Series X is going to be able to play games just as well as a 6800xt/3080 in the long run due to it already being close gpu power wise and console optimisations etc going forward. So you can pay £700 for just the gpu, or £450 (£350 in my case after using nectar points to get some xbox credit and buying further xbox credit on the cheap) for the whole damn system that has an 8 core ryzen, 1tb gen 4 nvme and what is likely the equivalent right now in raw power to a 3070/6700xt.

I had stuck with PC gaming because often the top GPU prices were about the price of a whole console, and that was fine due me having to have a powerful PC in the cpu/ram department for other things.

However now that even the 2nd tier of gpu's are ~£700 Nvidia and AMD can take a running jump.

Soldato
Good question.

I've gamed on both more or less all my life however not really touched PC since the last gen of consoles. The console is just too convenient and value wise unreal.

Soldato
Bought a cheap used copy of RDR2 and started playing it today.

Wow, what a magnificent looking game. I've never seen such good animation on animals etc, or atmostpheric effects for that matter.

Even more impressive, is that the Series X was barely breaking a sweat. Wasnt even getting warm (unlike when playing gears tactics). I assume this is owing to the 30fps cap.

Would be good if rockstar could release a patch to unlock the framerate, as the game clearly isnt working the console hard enough :p.

I went back to GTA5 and it's awful playing at 30fps. I can honestly see why some people just can't play games at 30fps vs 60fps now. It was so noticeable after playing Valhalla at 60fps!

Soldato
I just bought the complete warranty via chat. The agent was with me within 30 seconds.

I'm good until 13/11/2023, i imagine I'll get stick drift on at least 2 controllers by then, going from past experience.

Caporegime
I just bought the complete warranty via chat. The agent was with me within 30 seconds.

I'm good until 13/11/2023, i imagine I'll get stick drift on at least 2 controllers by then, going from past experience.

What options did you select to speak to them on chat or was this a call back? Not sure what is the right department to select etc.

Soldato
Any you guys have issues with the blu ray player? :( :confused:

turned on my Xbox, booted fine went to play a blu ray, got a black screen but still the UI was still working..?

so quit tried another movie..same again.

I went to then power on the elite controller (been using the talon media remote) and the when pushed the sync button on the series x, nothing, and wouldn’t pair? WTF?

so I done a proper restart from the settings, and all working again fine? Controller connected straight away, didn’t have to sync it, (I even pressed the sync button on the box) and guess what?.. worked fine?

I’m sitting right now watching “there will be blood” like nothing ever happened? :confused: :eek:

Soldato
What options did you select to speak to them on chat or was this a call back? Not sure what is the right department to select etc.

I used the chat window in the bottom right of the Microsoft Complete page. I was logged in.

Personal Use -> Sales & Orders --> Chat --> Xbox. I just asked to buy the Complete warranty for my new Series X. Eddie took it from there, after emailing me a code, all very straight forward if you have a card on your account.

Soldato
Does this make anyone panicking about their SX feel better?

https://youtu.be/RnZAN91pUiw

fwiw, it also means nothing:)

Having played games at 30fps and then 60fps I’m not sure I could go back now. I want to play RDR2, but I’ll wait for an update that will hopefully come soon.

Same. I tried to play the Outer worlds, couldn’t do it. The stuttering was just offensive to my eyes, and I’ll only play it if they update it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom