• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I am giving OC a chance to deliver for a while longer, I had contemplated using them for a number of other items but have not even tried to search or purchase anything and have actually purchased elsewhere which i must say has been promptly delivered, including a 3090 for a production rig, and did not lack any communication.

I do feel somewhat let down by OC overall as my first purchase from them, as buying shouldnt be painful, after all this isnt being custom built for us. Yes, demand exceeded production and we are all well aware, but there needs to be some sort of positive action in terms of communication. Simply saying it not our fault, wears thin when OC took orders and money but did not close the numbers off when it became obviously unmanageable. GPU's are not their only product and therefore can not have 100% of their attention. But the sheer scale of orders and money taken does warrant a concerted effort, if only to manitain future loyalty and prevent loss of custom.

Transparancy is the game, it takes a few miniutes on a monday to report status by supplier. an Example would be 'We are unable to get any info from MSI on any cards since our last delivery although we have we have followed up numerous times. our order is in for a sizable quantity but lack of supplier communication means as of today we do not expect any delivery this week -therefore MSI customers please check back next monday'. This type of communication shows that OC are working on solving the issue, and they actually care! which some people doubt, it shows they are taking action by following up, and keeping customers updated as to when there might be further news.

Currently customers have to check our emails to see queue position and constantly check the forum for any news. Anxious customers need expectations handled instead of having to visit the forum constantly which gives rise to ranting. A little effort could avoid the majority of the negativity and go a long way to gaining trust.

Az0

Az0

Associate
The fact that OC have failed on their stock estimates and deadlines, no matter who's fault it is, means that if they had any respect for their paying customers they would be GOING OUT OF THEIR WAY to provide a bit of transparency and information about what is happening with the items that the customers have already paid for. People are just asking to be kept in the loop. Other shops are doing that more or less fine as far as I can tell.

They're giving the impression that they couldn't care less about their customers, and surely they're aware of that. If not then I guess that just suggests incompetence and lack of awareness. But I think they're just not bothered.

The people arguing "what is the point of them providing any information when they don't have any stock?", "they're under no obligation to tell you anything!", "you have the right to cancel so why don't you just cancel and stop moaning" just sound kinda pathetic imo.

Associate
Wow, I probably go full Karen.
I'm sure that's what the ocuk staff call anyone who complains even when its a legitimate complaint.

I am no Karen but i do wish i lived closer to Newcastle-under-Lyme so i could call in and see if they wanted to try talking to me face like that.

Associate
The competitor has listed how many are in the queue and what's expected this week, I really don't see why OC can't post this info, literally 15 minutes work. It'd be good for the consumer but not for OCUK I guess

The competitor also has daily updates that include things like: "23/11/20 - Afternoon update: We have listened to your feedback and have now added more information to the table including a breakdown of pre-orders per model of GPU and also which models we are expecting on upcoming shipments." Unlike OCUK, who listen to our feedback and then ignore it, they act on feedback.

Soldato
There's another post on reddit about the TUF non OC maybe being discontinued.

Are ASUS going to tell us the last minute that we need to change our order? They should be sued if they do that, why sell something they won't even produce

Associate
There's another post on reddit about the TUF non OC maybe being discontinued.

Are ASUS going to tell us the last minute that we need to change our order? They should be sued if they do that, why sell something they won't even produce

Then they need to upgrade everyone who has ordered the non-OC to the OC card at no extra cost.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if OC just cancelled anyone who ordered the non-OC of ASUS cards.

Associate
Got to agree with the sentiments on this thread. 2nd of oct i was 237 in queue for eagle, 20th im now 131 but was 136 the week prior. Something to me seems wrong, i don't think its to do with the numbers of cards in a shipment or the number of shipments either.
I’m currently 136 now, only a few behind you. I agree something doesnt seem right... but as we know, one gigabyte shipment was delayed and is expected this week. Gigabyte also posted on Facebook saying more shipments will be arriving in the uk soon, not specifying what shops they will be sent to.

opinions on getting it this year? I have my doubts :(

Associate
Been following this for some time now. I bought my Holo Amp from OCUK 13th Nov. Last Friday I was 32 on the queue. Just had an email to say its been shipped. Hope that helps some with theirs

Back
Top Bottom