Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Soldato
Its a tough sell right now for new/returning players. If its been a year or so then pretty much everything you have excluding exotics will be useless, the world drop pool is pathetic and the Europa/wrathborn weapons are nothing to sing and dance about either. Its amazing how last season offered more content/weapons/armor then this DLC+Season has so far. Not touched any of the new weapons as they're all pretty garbage besides deafening whisper, which has two things going against it, 1 if I'm using a 'nade launcher odds are its witherhoard and 2, for this season at least if I want a wave frame launcher its going to be marty's.

What would be your suggestion? Buy DLC or leave the game well alone ?

Soldato
What would be your suggestion? Buy DLC or leave the game well alone ?

Its a really tough one to call, the DLC in its self, excluding everything else is fantastic, the campaign is good, the empire hunts are good, even the wrathborn hunts for the season are ok. The problem you'll have, having been away so long is the weapon pool is dire just now, especially if you want to play the more end game content (raids, master/GM nightfalls etc). I got pretty lucky in that my first real full season was arrivals last season, the weapons pool was massive, the grind was simple and plentiful, now you have a choice of at best 20-25 weapons over all classes. With a bit of luck they're going to see sense and reprise all of the forsaken and shadowkeep base weapons which will open the weapon pool up no end.

Either way if it takes your fancy cdkeys.com are (or were as of typing) doing the base DLC for £25 and the DLC+season pass for £30, if you do decide to go for it I'd recommend the latter. If you want some help with it then add me on steam - pgi947

Soldato
Excellent, that's impressive. I'm sitting at 1245 on my third, including artifact also. Didn't really optimise the drops like I could have if I'd had more time, pesky work! Problem is that raid doesn't take into consideration the artifact power levels, so really have to optimise this coming weeks powerfuls and pinnacles to get that base level up! Having fun though, love stasis and looking forward to unlocking more of it! I do think they need to address the amount of viable weapons, especially for players who didn't play the past couple of seasons.

Yeah I spent a bit of time optimising as I wanted to be ready for the raid post contest as well. Got to 1251 without artifact and 1265 with artifact now so chilling till tomorrow.

Just a little reminder that ToTV (ex "OCUK #2") are back playing the new expansion

Planning on a day 1 Raid on Saturday

Discord for those looking for people to play content with: https://discord.gg/2CK8ZtCh

We should do a merger ;) Will check it out. Good luck on day 1 also, hoping to snag another 24hr emblem this time again. Have 3 so far.

Also our own "unofficial OCUK" discord with the d2 chat and the original main clan in it (however we rebranded a while back) :)

https://discord.gg/B2wUQHYz3H

Stasis changes are good after the small patch. This shows that Bungie CAN change things quickly so hopefully this is a theme of future balancing patches etc

Soldato
Double loot on the ordeal this weekend by the sounds of it? Not the hardest strike on the glassway, good time for those lagging behind a little to stock up on prisms and golf balls.

Edit: This coming weekly reset ALL sereph weapons are being added to the loot pool at last!!! Hopefully they come with an updated power cap too, wanted that officers revolver for an age.

Bungie will release a hotfix on November 24th which adds previous seasonal Legendary weapons to the world loot pool.

These include all of the Seventh Seraph weapons from Season 10, along with seasonal and reprised planetary weapons from Season 11. Drop chances are also being weighted to ensure that newer items are more likely to drop. Meanwhile, Legendary weapons that have already hit their infusion cap for this season will be removed.

All in all, this is good news. The Seventh Seraph weapons are some of the best in the game due to their ability to spawn Warmind cells which cause massive amounts of damage when detonated. Likewise, Season 11 aka Season of Arrivals also had some great weapons like Falling Guillotine that will be worth acquiring. Stay tuned for more details when the hotfix goes live.

So if legendary weapons that have hit their infusion cap are being removed what are they doing with the shadowkeep/forsaken drops, higher cap? rewards replaced with the S10/11 weapons? Either way sounds like a welcome update.

Last edited:
Soldato
We had two fireteams running it from my clan... one team finished, but my lot got stuck at the Atraks encounter for like 6+ hours... just gave up now because peeps were getting tired and making mistakes :(

Kinda gutted, as it seems the raid is much more straightforward after that...

May try again tomorrow with a fresh pair of eyes...

Soldato
Raid complete :) No idea of placement but it was awesome.

Well done! Looks a tough one though suspect DPS phases will be a little more rewarding once contest mode is dropped. Still trying to get my head around that atraks encounter, saw Aztecross' team struggle on that for a good 5 hours.

Edit: The raid exotic looks insane!!

Soldato
Raid is top notch, probably one of my favs. DPS phases not an issue now with the Lament, its a monster!

It is a beast, though have my reservations on equipping it over another exotic while I have FG on hand.

On another note 15 empire hunts so far today and no Cloudstrike, seen it drop for team mates a good 6-7 times in those runs too. Good little core/prism farm though.

Soldato
I did 1220's for speeds and got it in 8 luckily but saw many blueberries get it in advance lol

Lament is madness, i can forsee it being reduced a bit unfortunately. Even it was falling guillotine OG it would be great. Also, the animation for the 3 small blocks 1 big whilst holding works in mid air which is particularly fun on glassway :D

Soldato
22 runs at 1220 and finally got cloudstrike to drop.

Not sure if they'll nerf Lament, yes its powerful, but its also exotic, nerf it too much and players will just drop it in favour of FG.

Soldato
I really need to look into this exotic and urm.... what you are doing? Is it just Empire Hunts?

For cloudstrike, Look at the Europa map you'll see a new node that brings up an ordeal-like menu with the usual difficulty lists. If its not there you may have to speak to the exo stranger first to unlock it and speak to the weirdo fallen guy on Europa and unlock 'elected difficulty' in his sabotage menu.

For Lament, speak to Banshee in the tower and he'll give you the quest line, shouldn't take much longer then an hour.

Associate
For cloudstrike, Look at the Europa map you'll see a new node that brings up an ordeal-like menu with the usual difficulty lists. If its not there you may have to speak to the exo stranger first to unlock it and speak to the weirdo fallen guy on Europa and unlock 'elected difficulty' in his sabotage menu.

For Lament, speak to Banshee in the tower and he'll give you the quest line, shouldn't take much longer then an hour.

Muchos Appreciatos!

Soldato
NP :)

FWIW, the 'High stat armor' drops from the elected empire hunts are pathetic, just got some 57 total roll robes, not a single stat above 15. Compare that to the great hunt hood I got yesterday that dropped at a 65...

Just did my first solo 1250 lost sector...and got the exotic helmet, my lucks changing! 57 roll though, thats shocking for an exotic.

Last edited:
Soldato
I play solo mostly .only pve no raid or crucible
Is it worth it for me to buy beyond light?
I got the season pass already

If you have shadowkeep/forsaken then I would say yes, though regardless I would wait until reset tomorrow as they're adding all S10/11 weapons to the world loot pool and see how that plays out.

Back
Top Bottom