PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
Disappointing as some of the most memorable gaming moments for me have been in VR but consumer adoption is low and whilst I think VR will have more legs than 3D I don't think it's going to become mainstream anytime soon so it's not surprising that Sony are choosing to let other companies lead the way for at least a couple of years.

Soldato
I haven't used mine in over a year but I dust it off again for the PS5 and when the adapter comes through the post.

Only game I really enjoyed was Astro Bot. That was the main reason why I purchased it. Also tried it with Tetris Effect but I play it without VR.

Soldato
My PS5 adaptor arrived today. Has anyone had a chance to try it on their PS5? Any issues?

Trying to decide whether it's sensible to sell my PS4 or if I should just keep it for older games and VR? Doesn't look like PS4's are fetching much money second hand now anyway plus I need the DS4 controller for PSVR.

Last edited:
Associate
Still waiting on my VR adaptor, it was a proper ball ache to get ordered. The website wouldn't register my serial number and I didn't get much help from PS support. I had to sent photos of my serial number and receipts of purchase etc.I managed to speak with a senior manager who eventually sorted it out.
What a faff though :/

Soldato
Bought a second hand VR kit and a few games off ebay during the first lockdown here. Never played VR before and was hugely impressed, for a while at least.
Played through Blood and Truth twice and absolutely loved it. Other than that though I am struggling for something that captures my attention. Have Swordsmen, Beat Sabre, Farpoint (liked it and got as far as the giant spider but it gives me motion sickness), Rogue Squadron, Arizona Sunshine (dull), Crisis VR (ok). Also have RE7 and Firewall Zero but not tried them yet.

Any must haves that I might have missed? Anything else play like Blood and Truth?

Edit - have both the move controllers and an aim controller gun.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bought a second hand VR kit and a few games off ebay during the first lockdown here. Never played VR before and was hugely impressed, for a while at least.
Played through Blood and Truth twice and absolutely loved it. Other than that though I am struggling for something that captures my attention. Have Swordsmen, Beat Sabre, Farpoint (liked it and got as far as the giant spider but it gives me motion sickness), Rogue Squadron, Arizona Sunshine (dull), Crisis VR (ok). Also have RE7 and Firewall Zero but not tried them yet.

Any must haves that I might have missed? Anything else play like Blood and Truth?

Edit - have both the move controllers and an aim controller gun.
Not like Blood and Truth but you'll want Astrobot Rescue Mission and Superhot VR.

Soldato
I really like Battlezone and would recommend it especially now as you can get it cheap on ebay/cex for around £8. Probably my favourite PSVR launch title which many might have missed given it released back in 2016.

Needless to say I'm also hyped for PSVR 2 but it sounds like we have a while to wait unfortunately (~2022). Definitely a day one purchase for me though whenever it arrives!

I wonder if PSVR 2 will be backward compatible with PSVR games. Should be but I guess we can't take it for granted given the camera and move controllers are likely to be replaced by inside/out tracking on the headset with PSVR2. Should be possible to the new headset to emulate that though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks all. PS stuff still attracts such a high 2nd hand price here on Ebay. Astrobot & Wipeout demos available for free on PS store and Superhot currently $15 on there so will get that too.

Back
Top Bottom