I wore jeans for the first time in months today.....

Associate
Hey!

So as you all know, my preferred clothing of choice is tracksuits due to the unmatched level of comfort they provide. Anyhow today I had to make a urgent supermarket run as I had a craving for some cereal, now typically I would have just left in my tracksuit, but today when leaving I looked in my wardrobe and felt a little bad that some of my leather jackets had barely seen any wear. So I took the decision to wear some nice jeans, belt, leather jacket etc. My attire looked exemplary no doubt, and when I first put it on and looked in the mirror it felt like I was looking at perfection, the fit of the jacket was snug, conforming to every angle of my physique, anyhow I left the house and drove to the supermarket shortly after.

When walking around the supermarket I immediately received many glances of admiration from all directions, I always received compliments in the past when wearing the particular jacket that formed part of my attire so it was nothing new. Shortly after as I made my way to the cereal isle I started to think, why am I wearing these clothes? Who am I trying to impress? Why does anyone wear jeans? Sure these clothes are very nice, people were no doubt in awe, but I fundamentally was not comfortable. So as soon as I got home I took them off and got changed back in to my tracksuit.

Just thought I would share this story for those of you who have still not found the way, the way of comfort, the way of the tracksuit. Don't conform to societal pressure and feel forced to wear jeans, don't fear the judgement! Wearing a tracksuit does not make you a chav.

Any questions feel free to ask

Caporegime
In today's episode of At the Squidward Center For Children Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too, we learn that jeans and leather are the way to go.

NYgIfbU.gif

Caporegime
there is an idea of a Patrick Bateman, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there. It is hard for me to make sense on any given level. Myself is fabricated, an aberration. I am a noncontingent human being. My personality is sketchy and unformed, my heartlessness goes deep and is persistent. My conscience, my pity, my hopes disappeared a long time ago (probably at Harvard) if they ever did exist. There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it, I have now surpassed. I still, though, hold on to one single bleak truth: no one is safe, nothing is redeemed. Yet I am blameless. Each model of human behavior must be assumed to have some validity. Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape. But even after admitting this—and I have countless times, in just about every act I’ve committed—and coming face-to-face with these truths, there is no catharsis. I gain no deeper knowledge about myself, no new understanding can be extracted from my telling. There has been no reason for me to tell you any of this. This confession has meant nothing….

Associate
Hey!

So as you all know, my preferred clothing of choice is tracksuits due to the unmatched level of comfort they provide. Anyhow today I had to make a urgent supermarket run as I had a craving for some cereal, now typically I would have just left in my tracksuit, but today when leaving I looked in my wardrobe and felt a little bad that some of my leather jackets had barely seen any wear. So I took the decision to wear some nice jeans, belt, leather jacket etc. My attire looked exemplary no doubt, and when I first put it on and looked in the mirror it felt like I was looking at perfection, the fit of the jacket was snug, conforming to every angle of my physique, anyhow I left the house and drove to the supermarket shortly after.

When walking around the supermarket I immediately received many glances of admiration from all directions, I always received compliments in the past when wearing the particular jacket that formed part of my attire so it was nothing new. Shortly after as I made my way to the cereal isle I started to think, why am I wearing these clothes? Who am I trying to impress? Why does anyone wear jeans? Sure these clothes are very nice, people were no doubt in awe, but I fundamentally was not comfortable. So as soon as I got home I took them off and got changed back in to my tracksuit.

Just thought I would share this story for those of you who have still not found the way, the way of comfort, the way of the tracksuit. Don't conform to societal pressure and feel forced to wear jeans, don't fear the judgement! Wearing a tracksuit does not make you a chav.

Any questions feel free to ask
Amen brother. I can totally relate to this. Question is though how does one don a tracksuit and not look like a chav. I feel like there is a fine line between looking like the stereotype and dressing for comfort. Anyone any good advice on how to pull of wearing a tracksuit with some form of class still left intact? I realise that some may consider that statement alone an oxymoron.

Associate
OP
Amen brother. I can totally relate to this. Question is though how does one don a tracksuit and not look like a chav. I feel like there is a fine line between looking like the stereotype and dressing for comfort. Anyone any good advice on how to pull of wearing a tracksuit with some form of class still left intact? I realise that some may consider that statement alone an oxymoron.
Keep your aesthetic tight, clean clothes, nothing overly garish. Keep it subtle. Be well spoken and mannered, don't mean mug people. That is all there is to it.

Soldato

You need to add appropriate accessories such as a monocle, silk cravat and a silver tipped walking cane.

Caporegime
I always used to wear black slim fit jeans combined with one of several leather jackets and a pair of brown leather oxfords. Usually with a smart T-Shirt under the jacket, but sometimes a button up shirt or a jumper.

These days I wear tracksuit bottoms and any old t-shirt, with a hoodie or a coat depending on how cold it is, and fake black converse.

Sometimes I even wear comfy "grandad shoes" if I'm only going to the shop or something late at night.

I figure that anyone who thinks differently of me based on how I dress, probably isn't the sort of person I want to associate with anyway.

I am much happier and much more comfortable. But I do occasionally put the smart clothes on if I feel like it.

Soldato
tenor.gif

Soldato
In today's episode of At the Squidward Center For Children Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too, we learn that jeans and leather are the way to go.

NYgIfbU.gif

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed either Diddums.

@Squidward do you have some sort of obsession with creating threads? You've only been here 2.5 years and you've already created 137 threads! Most of the old schoolers haven't created 137 threads in 18 years.

Man of Honour
The state of GD lately, I was expecting some kind of joke or pun :mad:

As for jeans/trousers, I've been in shorts since WFH started in late March. I'd be surprised if any of my trousers or jeans still fit.

Back
Top Bottom