• Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Could you guys do me a quick favour if you have a chance please?

Go to settings, then press B to back out, then A to load settings back from dashboard. Do this a few times, does the audio cut out a little bit and have like a click/pop/static sound when it tries to play the chimes for opening/closing settings?

I've tried so far;

Connected as is which is Xbox>HDMI>AVR>HDMI>TV

Connected Xbox>HDMI>TV (2 different cables)

Connected headset audio via a 3.5mm jack into pad

All these methods still produce this static noise at either the beginning or end of a sound :(

Caporegime
Well I tried direct to TV, and also tried a different HDMI cable and it still cuts out/static.

It happens on the boot up sound and can be quite easily reproduced by going into and then back out of settings via the dashboard
Can you try it to a different TV? Possibly faulty if that doesn't sort it :/

Associate
Hopefully we get lots of 60fps updates. Is there any news on other games receiving X enhancements?

I completely avoided the OG Xbox One on release and only got the 1X and simply refused to play any non-X1X enhanced games.
Had the PS4 and then the Pro for cross platform games.

God knows what Doom 2016, Titanfall 2, Halo 5 etc looked like on the OG Xbox One but they looked fantastic on the 1X with enhancements.
Would love to see Ryse:Son of Rome get any kind of enhancements.

Also, just a simple unlocked frame rate on Batman Arkham Knight should be easy enough.
The reason i went SLI on the PC was Arkham Knight, waiting for the SLI patch to hit. And we all know how that went :mad:

Raising frame rates should be easy enough but might make some parts of games unplayable. But then you would just switch it back again to get past that particular part.
Simple warning before switching it on would suffice.

Man of Honour
Just watched DFs analysis of CoD. Good to see the X finally trading blows with the PS5. X better at 60fps ray tracing (something that I definitely care about), the PS5 better at 120hz (not as fussed about this mode). These results make sense in terms of the hardware offered by both too. Should be great when the devs start utilising this hardware and the CUs that the X has.

Soldato
PS5 will be better with initial games as it’s running higher GPU clocks. The CPU is no longer a bottleneck on either system. Once games become more complex with new features and effects the Series X should deliver better results. Saying that the PS5 might have cooked itself if the temps are accurate in YouTube videos being posted. It seems Sony cranked up the clocks but failed to design a decent cooler.....

Man of Honour
Seems the turtle beach update has meant that they don’t auto switch off with my console and if I don’t switch them off quickly enough they restart the whole thing.

Also interesting to see the fan stay on for a bit to cool the unit after you shut it down. It does indeed warm up after a long session of something like gears.

Soldato
If the AMD version of DLSS gets figured out, then thats what will be the big performance booster for xbox.

As for 60 vs 30, I find I can switch between 30 and 60fps games without major issues, e.g. I went from playing lightning returns at 60fps on my PC one week to playing lost oddysey at 30fps the next, I played all of ff7 remake at 30fps. I do prefer 60 to 30 now, but only if its stable 60, the game has to be flawlessly at the framerate, which consoles are notorious for having issues with due to devs pushing visuals over it.

Soldato
Just watched DFs analysis of CoD. Good to see the X finally trading blows with the PS5. X better at 60fps ray tracing (something that I definitely care about), the PS5 better at 120hz (not as fussed about this mode). These results make sense in terms of the hardware offered by both too. Should be great when the devs start utilising this hardware and the CUs that the X has.
The drops on PS5 could be a bug, VGTech noticed that the drops weren't always there.

cw-sp-ps5-rt-test-5-8v1k55.png

cw-sp-ps5-rt-test-5-1nmkx0.png

There was an issue on PS5 where the frame rate could randomly drop below 60fps during scenes that it previously ran at a solid 60fps. This issue wasn't encountered on Xbox Series X.

If it was a real performance drop, it would be repeatable.

Caporegime
Could you guys do me a quick favour if you have a chance please?

Go to settings, then press B to back out, then A to load settings back from dashboard. Do this a few times, does the audio cut out a little bit and have like a click/pop/static sound when it tries to play the chimes for opening/closing settings?

I've tried so far;

Connected as is which is Xbox>HDMI>AVR>HDMI>TV

Connected Xbox>HDMI>TV (2 different cables)

Connected headset audio via a 3.5mm jack into pad

All these methods still produce this static noise at either the beginning or end of a sound :(

Yes, I have got this a few times, mainly with the rewards app though. Its like the little bong sound gets cut short, and then sometimes it makes a little glitchy static like version of the sound.

Its think there are still a few bugs to iron out with the UI, as well as quick resume, which will hopefully be sorted with the first console update.

Soldato

Damn, that's not good :(

Over the TV, 3.5mm headphones in the controller, and my new wireless headphones, I have never noticed anything like what you have described here. Once or twice, a dashboard sound has appeared to be VERY LOUD or cut short, but that was in the day or two after the first setup. Does this issue only occur when using the UI or does it carry over into games? As this might be fixable via a patch, but if not, you might need to have it swapped out.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Yes, I have got this a few times, mainly with the rewards app though. Its like the little bong sound gets cut short, and then sometimes it makes a little glitchy static like version of the sound.

Its think there are still a few bugs to iron out with the UI, as well as quick resume, which will hopefully be sorted with the first console update.

Yeah thats what happens, I'm hoping an update can sort it!

Damn, that's not good :(

Over the TV, 3.5mm headphones in the controller, and my new wireless headphones, I have never noticed anything like what you have described here. Once or twice, a dashboard sound has appeared to be VERY LOUD or cut short, but that was in the day or two after the first setup. Does this issue only occur when using the UI or does it carry over into games? As this might be fixable via a patch, but if not, you might need to have it swapped out.

Its mainly the UI but I have noticed it in a couple of games last night, rocket league it tends to happen with the countdown or whistle sounds.

I'm hoping its software based and not hardware as trying to get a replacement might prove difficult!

Going to try a couple of other things tonight as some say its linked to the crackling headset issue and its the pad causing it, so will try without the pad connected to see if it still does it

Caporegime

Its mainly the UI but I have noticed it in a couple of games last night, rocket league it tends to happen with the countdown or whistle sounds.

I'm hoping its software based and not hardware as trying to get a replacement might prove difficult!

Going to try a couple of other things tonight as some say its linked to the crackling headset issue and its the pad causing it, so will try without the pad connected to see if it still does it

Interesting. I dont think i have ever noticed it in any games (never played rocket league though). Ive only noticed the little dashboard bongs getting cut short every now and then, which i just assumed was a software bug.

This does seem immensely common and seemed to happen last gen too, so i dont think it is anything wrong with your xbox -

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinside...dashboard_audio_sounds_gets_cut_off_at_times/

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinside..._effects_on_xbox_one_dashboard_it_is_just_me/

Soldato

Only other thing I can think of is the Audio output settings themselves. My little amp goes mental when it's anything other than stereo, so maybe that could help until a fix comes about.

My quick resume takes a second or two to bring the sound in, but the game starts immediately. So there must be an audio bug here.

Back
Top Bottom