When to put up Christmas lights ?

Soldato
There isn’t any, as long as you can handle being labelled a chav or council house dweller by the OCUK toffs.

I couldn't care less. My kids are happy and that's what matters to me, not some pathetic keyboard warrior on an Internet forum.

What are they gonna do, spout boxing stance, poo through the letterbox and any other banal unfunny statements?

Caporegime
window decorations and outside I think should be down as early as you want.

sets a nice atmosphere on the street, personally wouldn't stick a tree up or indoor stuff so early though or the novelty feeling of Christmas will wear off before it actually begins

Soldato
Weekend before Christmas, best time to get a bargain tree, comes down 12 days after Christmas for the annual family fire safety brief of setting fire to the tree outside...

Man of Honour
My neighbours have started putting theirs up - got a ~200 foot long drive they are doing the entire length of.

Soldato
Mrs has bought a small box bush to go by the front door which I've decorated with a string of battery powered lights, of course it needed to be the same colour as the main lights going along the front of the house. My partner is really easy going but surprisingly strict about what decorations go up, when and where. It's quite amusing :)

Soldato
some people around here with some tasteful christmas lights, without the harshness of a lot of the leds,
fair ground type pastel colours, each bulb, inside outer transparent shroud, seems to be a small 3-4mm maybe glass? tube - what are they ?

Soldato
edit : like these can't see where you get large quantities
50718487103_cbbdce1ecb_o_d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom