Demon Souls PS5 Beginners Thread

Soldato
Friend of mine is getting his ass handed to him and asked me for help but I can't seem to put my summon sign down? :confused:

Got it equipped and hitting square but the sign isn't going down - the character just isn't doing it.

From what I remember I think he needs to be in body form to summon and you need to be in soul form to put the sign down.

Soldato
I've decided to play properly tomorrow when my new TV arrives, you know so I get the 'best' experience. I didn't get far on PS3 version, think I killed a boss with lots of eyes and that was about it. Rest of the time spent stressing what I should do with my souls and wondering wtf world tendency meant.

Associate
Anyone else's 'players recently played with' not working for Demon's Souls?

It's a shame when you have a good duel or co-op with someone and you can't send your thanks or add them.

Soldato
OP
Not sure I achieved much this evening. 4-1 now spawning a phantom skeleton at the beginning who's pretty tough. I found the merchant underground and stocked up on meds. Made a flame resistant set and still got owned by the flamelurker.

Soldato
Not sure I achieved much this evening. 4-1 now spawning a phantom skeleton at the beginning who's pretty tough. I found the merchant underground and stocked up on meds. Made a flame resistant set and still got owned by the flamelurker.
You’ve probably died lots (from human form) in world 4 and pushed it into black tendency.

Soldato
Thought I would start this thread so the newbies could rally together and work our way through the game.

The game certainly doesn't hand hold lol!

After the initial frustrations I now 'get it'. Find myself trying to work out next strategy or level up path.

Don't understand the weapon pathway or builds completely. I beat the 2nd boss last night. Playing as knight mainly with the same long sword I've had from the beginning. I've levelled it up twice but not sure if I should have saved the souls for a different sword. Any tips?

How are you finding it? My plan is to get through MM and ACV first, then maybe pick up Demon's Souls. I've kinda been put off it by how many people say its ridiculous hard. I don't want to drop £60 on a game that's inevitably going to just **** me off.

Soldato
OP
How are you finding it? My plan is to get through MM and ACV first, then maybe pick up Demon's Souls. I've kinda been put off it by how many people say its ridiculous hard. I don't want to drop £60 on a game that's inevitably going to just **** me off.

It is tough. I'm definitely a more casual gamer than I use to be. Despite that there is a draw to keep pushing and trying. The combat and the way it looks is amazing. I was in the same boat and thought worse case scenario I sell it and lose a tenner. I'm pushing on from now as still enjoying it but sometimes it really does test your patience.

Soldato
I just think of the tough enemies and bosses as little puzzles that I have to figure out how to over come. Most of the armour sets you find will help you out with poison, fire and magic resistances etc. Some bosses hate fire and some aren't susceptible so try the weapon resins on them to see what really hurts the most. It's just finding out what works the best. If you just try and hack your way through it you will get frustrated. The last boss in Dark Souls I was getting wrecked until I saw someone say 'just parry him' and I was like really? I suck at parrying. Turns out he's the easiest enemy to parry in the game and I killed him in about 10 seconds.

Soldato
OP
I just think of the tough enemies and bosses as little puzzles that I have to figure out how to over come. Most of the armour sets you find will help you out with poison, fire and magic resistances etc. Some bosses hate fire and some aren't susceptible so try the weapon resins on them to see what really hurts the most. It's just finding out what works the best. If you just try and hack your way through it you will get frustrated. The last boss in Dark Souls I was getting wrecked until I saw someone say 'just parry him' and I was like really? I suck at parrying. Turns out he's the easiest enemy to parry in the game and I killed him in about 10 seconds.

I don't think it's the puzzles and enemies as such because you're right it's fun working out their weakness. It's the complete lack of any guidance of systems etc. Weapon resins - please elaborate.

Soldato
I don't think it's the puzzles and enemies as such because you're right it's fun working out their weakness. It's the complete lack of any guidance of systems etc. Weapon resins - please elaborate.

Resins you pick up or buy from vendors - for fire it is turpentine which is readily available in world 1-1 - because the boss Phalanx is susceptible to fire. The game is actually helping you but it's just not telling you it is. If you click on them you can then 'use' them and your character will apply them to their weapons for increased damage.

https://demonssouls.fandom.com/wiki/Turpentine

Soldato
OP
Resins you pick up or buy from vendors - for fire it is turpentine which is readily available in world 1-1 - because the boss Phalanx is susceptible to fire. The game is actually helping you but it's just not telling you it is. If you click on them you can then 'use' them and your character will apply them to their weapons for increased damage.

https://demonssouls.fandom.com/wiki/Turpentine

Ah yes apologies I know about the fire resin. Didn't realise there were others. Assume loot only and you cannot buy.

Back
Top Bottom