• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Advice Needed - what to put inside an eGPU - way out of my depth!

PJT

PJT

Associate
Hi All!
Up until about 10 years ago, I used to build all my PCs. Sadly, life intervened and now I am utterly clueless! So here is what I have and what I am trying to achieve - would love a bit of guidance!

Laptop - Dell XPS 13 7390 - 16GB Ram - Core i7 CPU
Monitor - Samsung Ultrawide 3440x1440 - 75Hz max

Seems like the only realistic way to game on this machine is to add a Thunderbolt 3 eGPU - the Razor Core X seems to be about the only available option in town.

So that just leaves what to put inside the eGPU - and this is where my head is swimming!

So I am a casual gamer (laptop mostly work use), but right now Fortnite looks awful! No point pumping out 100 FPS as monitor won't support it anyway. I will entertain second hand - no issue there. My budget is between £200 and £300.......preferably closer to £200!

Would really appreciate some recommendations - many thanks!

PT

Associate
By the time you've purchased the core x and a graphics card, you're probably not too far from a price to build a budget friendly pc, or is that out of the question?

PJT

PJT

Associate
OP
I had thought of this, yes - but another PC will make my wife suspicious! ;)

I like the idea of a single machine - plus the ability to supply power to the laptop, plus extra USBs and network card are also attractive.

Back
Top Bottom