Lila Connect - VX Fibre 1gig - Stoke on Trent

Associate
OP
Well it’s a totally separate entity to Openreach so they wouldnt let them use the telephone lines (but they are copper anyway)

I’m assuming they do what virgin media do and dig from the street to your property?

Associate
Well it’s a totally separate entity to Openreach so they wouldnt let them use the telephone lines (but they are copper anyway)

I’m assuming they do what virgin media do and dig from the street to your property?

If you don't have overhead telephone lines, I'm guessing their is a duct at the end of the drive to where the telephone comes in and they just hook into that?

Associate
OP
we do have overhead telephone lines, but they are owned by a different provider (BT OPENREACH)

The fibre ducts run in newly dug trenches in the pavement in front of the houses - im 'assuming' they will splice into this for each user that needs to connect, as there is no current duct from the 'main' duct to individual houses that I can see - I guess this is part of the £700 connection fee

Associate
Hi, Dave C here, I'm in Weston Coyney, lila have just laid their fibre down the centre of our pavements. I took photos. They laid the blue fibre optic cables at the bottom of a trench that they dug, approx 6 or 8 inches deep, by approx 5" wide. Then every two houses they branched the trench, and cable to the properties boundaries, in my case a wall at the bottom of our drive. There the cable was attached to a junction box. The trenches were then filled in and tarmacced over. I didn't see any ducting whatsoever. I've registered an interest and await feedback from lila, I'm assuming that they dig a similar trench to our front wall and enter our house through that. Could be a pain because we have block paving.

Associate
OP
Hi Dave - strange that - so you're saying they put the actual cables in the ground and then tarmac over them?

Our guys had a massive reel of purple corrugated 'ducting' same as you see up the side of the motorway when they are doing roadworks - which was put in the ground and linked up to some 'inspection covers', then a smoother narrower pipe also went in (not sure if this went in the corrugated stuff then put in) then tarmac'd over

I understood that someone else would come and actually pull the cable through these ducts at a later point in time.

Associate
Hmmm, I've just had a look at my photos, I may have it wrong. I can't figure out how to post a picture on here! Anyroadup, looking again at the photos, my earlier post may be wrong. There is what seems to be a small diameter purple pipe (ducting!?) , not quite as thick as my little finger, very thin, then definitely just about three feet of thinner cable branching out to the junction boxes.

Associate
OP
I get...

This content isn't available at the moment
When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people or changed who can see it, or it's been deleted.

Sure sounds like cable, I think your area is supposed to be first going live, so perhaps they put everything in then - I was watching our guys and I haven't seen cables yet, just the ducting, then tarmac over the top

Associate
Hi most work in stoke is underground not on poles. Vx fibre is all on footpath and easy to install straight forward. Work in this industry any question feel free to ask

Associate
Hi, Dave C here, I'm in Weston Coyney, lila have just laid their fibre down the centre of our pavements. I took photos. They laid the blue fibre optic cables at the bottom of a trench that they dug, approx 6 or 8 inches deep, by approx 5" wide. Then every two houses they branched the trench, and cable to the properties boundaries, in my case a wall at the bottom of our drive. There the cable was attached to a junction box. The trenches were then filled in and tarmacced over. I didn't see any ducting whatsoever. I've registered an interest and await feedback from lila, I'm assuming that they dig a similar trench to our front wall and enter our house through that. Could be a pain because we have block paving.

Associate
No problem with install the small black box outside is ready to have it blow to and from there across front garden very easy any Question ask this is my job

Associate
Hi Dave - strange that - so you're saying they put the actual cables in the ground and then tarmac over them?

Our guys had a massive reel of purple corrugated 'ducting' same as you see up the side of the motorway when they are doing roadworks - which was put in the ground and linked up to some 'inspection covers', then a smoother narrower pipe also went in (not sure if this went in the corrugated stuff then put in) then tarmac'd over

I understood that someone else would come and actually pull the cable through these ducts at a later point in time.
Hi if you email me tell you if you live yet lot of homes live now.

Some streets in Weston Coyney can order this now, mainly Park Hall area, I'm hoping that I can soon too.

How does the installation work from that little black box on the path just outside property boundary? It's roughly 4 meters from street to my door. Where does the fibre cable get installed to in a house?

Associate
Some streets in Weston Coyney can order this now, mainly Park Hall area, I'm hoping that I can soon too.

How does the installation work from that little black box on the path just outside property boundary? It's roughly 4 meters from street to my door. Where does the fibre cable get installed to in a house?
You get a survey done and they go throw install with you for best route for you.

Associate
Thanks. Is that the £49 Fibre installation booking? Then if happy, I would pay the £650 for it to be installed?
Hi air broadband who work with Lila connect are doing the £49 fibre installation booking free till jan 2021 and they doing £34.99 for 18ms with the £10 Lila connect fibre cost £10 per m so £44.99 or you can pay £650 instead of £10 per m. And give one ms free for install done by 31 dec 2020 so can call them on 01223 653400 or email them hope this helps

Associate
Hi most work in stoke is underground not on poles. Vx fibre is all on footpath and easy to install straight forward. Work in this industry any question feel free to ask

Do you know what their rollout plan is in stoke? They have literally done the road behind and up the street but not come down here yet (Victoria Park Road)!

Tried emailing but they don't seem to know!

Associate
I'm in Sneyd Green and they have been laying the cable in the streets near me. Noticed "CAB" spray painted on the floor at the end of my cul-de-sac so hopefully will be getting it soon.

Back
Top Bottom