• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Powercolor RX6800 XT RD Devil SE Unboxing video (in German)

Soldato
This one hopefully wont fry at 15+% power delivery like the stock models.

Yeah it’s looking like an amazing piece of kit, i am just trying to temper expectations because of what AMD is doing at the driver level to limit the 6800XT, it won’t be bios moddable this time. It’s why i am holding out for the 6900XT boards, i am confident the limits will be higher. Unless there is an 6900XTX in the pipeline.

Associate
OP
Yeah it’s looking like an amazing piece of kit, i am just trying to temper expectations because of what AMD is doing at the driver level to limit the 6800XT, it won’t be bios moddable this time. It’s why i am holding out for the 6900XT boards, i am confident the limits will be higher. Unless there is an 6900XTX in the pipeline.

I'm more worried about availability to even be able to buy one at all! I'm sure 80% of all available 6800xt stock must have gone to reviewers so far!

Associate
As long as it's not priced insanely over the reference MSRP I'll be putting my money on one of these

Failing that it will be the pulse (seems to have the same cooler as the nitro + anyway)

I do wish I could have gotten a reference design (mainly for the USB-C)

Associate
As long as it's not priced insanely over the reference MSRP I'll be putting my money on one of these

Failing that it will be the pulse (seems to have the same cooler as the nitro + anyway)

I do wish I could have gotten a reference design (mainly for the USB-C)

What would be the acceptable price for this thing?
Vanilla 6800xt is £600

£699????
£749???? is the limit I feel.

£800 would put it only £100 less than 6900xt

Associate
Vanilla 6800xt is £600

£699????

MSRP + £100 (I would stretch to +£125) I guess

So £699-725 is my absolute maximum for any RX 6800XT

I'll probably not try to get the limited edition red devil, just the standard

Associate
If there really are only 1000 in the whole world, then pointless. I don't know why they would do this when they could sell far more if they just made them.

That's just for the special edition, the "normal" 6800XT red devil exchanges the USBC with a display port and keeps the cooler ect. (See the pictures of the IO of the card here)

https://www.powercolor.com/new?id=1605680077

So there will be a continuous supply of the normal edition (just like the 5700XT Red Devil)

Associate
MSRP + £100 (I would stretch to +£125) I guess

So £699-725 is my absolute maximum for any RX 6800XT

I'll probably not try to get the limited edition red devil, just the standard

Good idea, lets let all the companies know how much we are comfortable letting them rip us off, "here guys, we were going to sell this for just 50 quid over msrp but this guy is happy with 100, lets do that"

Associate
Good idea, lets let all the companies know how much we are comfortable letting them rip us off, "here guys, we were going to sell this for just 50 quid over msrp but this guy is happy with 100, lets do that"

I mean £100 over MSRP for a top tier AIB card is pretty normal is it not ?
If you where talking about the sapphire pulse / power color red dragon I would expect to pay very close to the msrp :/

Associate
OP
Vanilla 6800xt is £600

£699????

the difference here is this is not a "reference" design which has an artificial and unachievable to manufacturers "msrp"

Stock of the 6900xt reference edition will be basically non existent as in even less than the 6800xt reference editions.

I think we have to accept that the "announced" pricing by AMD was simply not realistic and will just not be supported by manufacturers because the product is not financially viable to them at this price.

the "made by amd" reference designs are in my opinion "loss leaders" so that amd can announce a flashy headline price knowing full well that there just won't be any availability for most people to actually purchase.

I personally would have much preferred the pricing to be set where the manufacturers actually need it to be in order to make the products financially viable and leave it to the consumers to decide if they want to buy or not.

If OCUK has been able to sell everything they have for 70-100 above "msrp" it would have been a better plan to price the cards slightly higher, pass some of that cost onto the board partners and actually make some stock available to customers to buy.

I'm not saying I want to pay more for the product but by the same token I would rather pay a little more and have stock available to buy rather than complain there is no stock of the product I want at the "mythical" MSRP.

Back
Top Bottom