What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Looks like another vehicle hit it to cause that level of damage. :(

This makes me really angry when other drivers do this & drive away or do not own up to it :mad: Today I have an excellent mobile repairer coming to respray damage caused to my right rear wheel arch & rear three quarter panel caused by someone scraping past it in a car park then driving off :( leaving behind dents & broken paintwork!

Going to cost me £320 today alone (also had to pay the same amount last month TWICE!! to get 2 similar incidents fixed where bus drivers had collided then drove off without stopping!). So I am down almost £1K in a month on repairs caused by reckless drivers :( No wonder someone told me on here in London its very hard to keep your car in good condition as the other drivers have such poor driving skills :mad:

That's why I have motion sensitive cameras on mine.

Soldato
Thought I'd check my air filter today, wish I hadn't bothered because firstly, it didn't need changing, secondly I've managed to strip the plastic holes for the screws, thirdly, I dropped two sodding screws down into the engine bay :D and fourthly I've noticed the connection to the front... snorkel(?) is also weak and has broken. Can't be sure if this was me or not...

So this has led me to look into finding a way to ensure no hot air is getting into the air box, and possible alternatives; the problem is, the internet is rife with upgrades to the box/housing for performance reasons which I'm not interested in.

Any recommendations? If it's seated down correctly and attached to the snorkel part, should it perform as it should?

X5rfISgl.jpg

PZ23Z7Yl.jpg

3pRMDSll.jpg

Soldato
What you can record if a vehicle hits you stationery & your not present you mean? I love that idea as driving standards are so low nowadays but how much was that to install!

Yep, you can buy a dedicated battery or use the cut out on the main battery voltage so you don't go flat. If it detects a knock it saves front and back.

Soldato
Thought I'd check my air filter today, wish I hadn't bothered because firstly, it didn't need changing, secondly I've managed to strip the plastic holes for the screws, thirdly, I dropped two sodding screws down into the engine bay :D and fourthly I've noticed the connection to the front... snorkel(?) is also weak and has broken. Can't be sure if this was me or not...

So this has led me to look into finding a way to ensure no hot air is getting into the air box, and possible alternatives; the problem is, the internet is rife with upgrades to the box/housing for performance reasons which I'm not interested in.

Any recommendations? If it's seated down correctly and attached to the snorkel part, should it perform as it should?

Secure it down as best as possible with the remaining screws and forget about it - there will be no ingress of hot air that would even come close to affecting performance. If it really bothers you, just keep an eye out on eBay for a new airbox. I just had a quick look at there is an N53 airbox for £18 on eBay (I know yours is an N52 though but just to illustrate how cheap they are).

Soldato
Not my car but a friends, he started it and hasn’t finished it so asked me too. 1.8t with a GT28 into this Audi 80.

FPJT7OH.jpg

Just finished the coolant plumbing, waiting on some proper clips to turn up before final fitment. Then onto other half of the IC piping and inlet. Lastly followed by the wiring loom.

IOJzx5e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Ah man, that looks incredible. Got my eye out for a new car since I sold my E92 M3 and a 5.0 Mustang is a contender. I'm just not sure I can put up with Ford engineering though - it's infuriating.
What's wrong with it? The S550 platform is surprisingly well made... not BMW levels but I've had every interior panel off and back on several times and it's been perfect.

You'll be surprised how much more powerful it is over the M3.

Associate
Think I'm gonna give fitting my reverse camera another shot, If weather holds up decently.

Was trying to fit over summer but was running into issues, so gave up especially when it was hot and I was sat in my car sweating trying to figure it out haha.

Soldato
Secure it down as best as possible with the remaining screws and forget about it - there will be no ingress of hot air that would even come close to affecting performance. If it really bothers you, just keep an eye out on eBay for a new airbox. I just had a quick look at there is an N53 airbox for £18 on eBay (I know yours is an N52 though but just to illustrate how cheap they are).

Thank you mate - shall do exactly that.

Back
Top Bottom