So, anyone got an iRobot Roomba or other robot vacuum cleaner?

Soldato
Soldato
Hi guys. My dad is looking for a new Robovac for £200 or less (available inside the UK)? :)

Needs to have:

• Laser /infrared mapping
  • 2000 suction or so
  • Long battery life
Any ideas please? :)

EDIT - It doesn't have laser mapping but the eufy [BoostIQ] RoboVac 15C MAX seems decent for £180? https://www.amazon.co.uk/BoostIQ-Connected-Super-Thin-Self-Charging-Medium-Pile/dp/B07R5R7XF6/ref=sr_1_6?crid=34BAVN5JI8EPV&dchild=1&keywords=robot+vacuum+cleaner&qid=1606197401&refinements=p_72:419153031,p_36:146169031&rnid=388997011&s=kitchen&sprefix=robot+va,aps,172&sr=1-6

The linked deal is good vfm but it just doesn't have the room mapping to know where to go

instead it will just randomly bounce around and for that reason I did not buy it.

I am also looking for something that you want but not found anything below £200 so far

hoping there is a black friday deal for this!

Soldato
Hey all, looking into these now... Few things I want

- room mapping
- edge detection as it's going to be on 2nd floor
- good on tiles, laminate and rugs

I've seen the Xiaomi S5 max is around for £289, any better things going? Very new to market and not sure what I should be looking for other than lidar being the rage.

Caporegime
Hey all, looking into these now... Few things I want

- room mapping
- edge detection as it's going to be on 2nd floor
- good on tiles, laminate and rugs

I've seen the Xiaomi S5 max is around for £289, any better things going? Very new to market and not sure what I should be looking for other than lidar being the rage.

I've gone for the S5 Max, looks to be a solid buy at under £300.

Caporegime
I got it to £290 using the app, adding all the vouchers i could find and the discount code 2020FRIDAY. You can get it lower using Revolut but I used PayPal out of laziness.

Don
also looking for black friday deals for a robovac;

Been researching and like the look of the i7, but interested to hear others opinions; Needs to have room mapping, and resume / recharge feature. Not massively fussed about auto emptying, but for a small increase I could justify it.

what did you end up doing @PaDE ?

Associate
also looking for black friday deals for a robovac;

Been researching and like the look of the i7, but interested to hear others opinions; Needs to have room mapping, and resume / recharge feature. Not massively fussed about auto emptying, but for a small increase I could justify it.

what did you end up doing @PaDE ?

He returned it, a Roborock s5 max is genuinely one of the best performing robots on the market. The iRobot i7 plus is £800, that is a massive ripoff considering it offers very little further utility than a sub £300 Chinese robot. Auto emptying seems a bit of a novelty feature, I run my robot every day and empty maybe every 3 days, not an onerous task and I see it as just more complication and potential to go wrong.

Soldato
thanks @ganesh; i7 is currently going for 519.99 (without the self emptying). But I'll check the s5 out :)

If it helps, I did Alibaba from Belgium and it's dispatched today for £280 all in with shopping. I used the black friday code, and some other random popup code that appeared on the site that chewed off another £6 I think?

Judging by this thread, and speaking to others I'm really hopeful it's going to be a fab little addition to the house.

Back
Top Bottom