• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Seems the turtle beach update has meant that they don’t auto switch off with my console and if I don’t switch them off quickly enough they restart the whole thing.

I did notice the headphones didn't turn off. I've only used it the once since the update and didn't think anything of it.

Software updates, fixes one thing... Breaks another.

Man of Honour
I did notice the headphones didn't turn off. I've only used it the once since the update and didn't think anything of it.

Software updates, fixes one thing... Breaks another.

Its even more annoying when they restart the xbox which in turn switches my tv back on. Hopefully they sort it. I guess I need to switch them off first before anything else.

Soldato
Hi all, sorry if this has been covered before. Regarding external storage, I got my son a Series S for Xmas. Pricing on the official external SSD seems crazy high. If you use the official segate external USB HDD is this ok as an alternative and can you download gamepass games to this. Would you expect a significant drop off in performance compared to the NVME drive ?

I think its like £60.00 for a 2TB external ?

TIA

Soldato
Hi all, sorry if this has been covered before. Regarding external storage, I got my son a Series S for Xmas. Pricing on the official external SSD seems crazy high. If you use the official segate external USB HDD is this ok as an alternative and can you download gamepass games to this. Would you expect a significant drop off in performance compared to the NVME drive ?

TIA

You can use any external USB drive, some of the enhanced games won't run from it but users have found many do. All the older games will run from it no problem and if your son likes to play a few titles at the same time then he will probably need it as the S runs out of space pretty quick.

Associate

TIA
Digital Foundry did an comparison video between external NVME drives, SSD and HDD. The HDD worked but lagged behind. If your buying new look at NVME or SSD whilst the sales are on. I'm using an SSD I already had with a SATA to USB 3.1 adaptor. Works great for my needs.

Soldato
Digital Foundry did an comparison video between external NVME drives, SSD and HDD. The HDD worked but lagged behind. If your buying new look at NVME or SSD whilst the sales are on. I'm using an SSD I already had with a SATA to USB 3.1 adaptor. Works great for my needs.

You can use any external USB drive, some of the enhanced games won't run from it but users have found many do. All the older games will run from it no problem and if your son likes to play a few titles at the same time then he will probably need it as the S runs out of space pretty quick.

Thanks both, appreciate the help

Man of Honour

This, picked up a 1Tb Crucial SSD for less than £90 and the Sabrent 3.1 connector. It's crazy fast and more than enough storage to have a load of back compat titles to hand.

Just managed to order for pre-christmas delivery. About a 30 minute online queue at the minute.

Lucky, doubt there'll be too many more.

Caporegime
OP

It seems any game that is still being built with the old Xbox Development Kit (XDK) will run from external drives even if it has the Optimized for X|S flag. There's a way to find out by getting up some info bar on each game but I can't remember how to do it on the top of my head.

Soldato
Does anyone know if you've got an Xbox one game on a USB hard drive, and you transfer it to the internal storage, does it get "automatically optimised" for series X or is a fresh install of the game required?

Associate
This, picked up a 1Tb Crucial SSD for less than £90 and the Sabrent 3.1 connector. It's crazy fast and more than enough storage to have a load of back compat titles to hand.

Lucky, doubt there'll be too many more.
Great minds, I had a Crucial in my PS4 Pro that I've repurposed for the Series X.

I've actually just bought another Crucial SSD for the OH because it was reduced, ideal for her laptop :D

Associate
Has anybody noticed banding/macro blocking on their series x? Hooked up to my LG B8 OLED and no matter what settings i alter, on scenes such as the splash screen at the start of rogue squadrons or the sky in fifa 21/ watch dogs legion for example exhibit serious macro blocking and colour banding

Soldato
Does anyone know if you've got an Xbox one game on a USB hard drive, and you transfer it to the internal storage, does it get "automatically optimised" for series X or is a fresh install of the game required?

I did that with FH4 and Age of Wonders, but both of those had a patch since installation that is likely what gives the games those features. Much quicker than a fresh install, even with 200 mbps.

Soldato
Has anybody noticed banding/macro blocking on their series x? Hooked up to my LG B8 OLED and no matter what settings i alter, on scenes such as the splash screen at the start of rogue squadrons or the sky in fifa 21/ watch dogs legion for example exhibit serious macro blocking and colour banding

Can't say that I have noticed anything similar to this on my CX. That's whilst playing a range of slow and fast paced games.

Back
Top Bottom