*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Careful there, as with most recommended specs, it's likely targeting 30fps. I've got a 3090 OC and a 9900k at 5.2Ghz, running at 3440x1440, I expect 30 fps for RTX ultra lol

Such low faith from too many people lol. CDPR said previously in an interview I recall that the target was 60fps. I cannot imagine any form of adequate gameplay especially during firefights and car chases of which there appears to be many from 30fps in those scenes. Likewise the reviewers who played the first 16 hours (as well as those who played the first few hours previously) would have mentioned if it was 30fps as 30 and 60 are night and day difference.

I do not believe for one second that anyone will need a 3080 to hit 60fps at their respective spec level for each gfx preset.

Also CDPR aren't some average joes, they would not put out such a moderate spec requirements list and then nVidia endorse it if they weren't confident. I fully expect nVidia has played a heavy hand in getting it looking and running well considering DLSS2.0 is being used and we already know that's at least a 20fps gain on top of whatever is achieved with just RT enabled.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Any news on a preload for steam?

Hello.

The game should unlock on December 9. Until then, you will need to wait until that date for it to be on your account.

If you have any further questions, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.

Steam Support
Mauricio

From that I understand preload will begin on December 9th on STEAM.

Soldato
Such low faith from too many people lol. CDPR said previously in an interview I recall that the target was 60fps. I cannot imagine any form of adequate gameplay especially during firefights and car chases of which there appears to be many from 30fps in those scenes. Likewise the reviewers who played the first 16 hours (as well as those who played the first few hours previously) would have mentioned if it was 30fps as 30 and 60 are night and day difference.

I do not believe for one second that anyone will need a 3080 to hit 60fps at their respective spec level for each gfx preset.

Also CDPR aren't some average joes, they would not put out such a moderate spec requirements list and then nVidia endorse it if they weren't confident. I fully expect nVidia has played a heavy hand in getting it looking and running well considering DLSS2.0 is being used and we already know that's at least a 20fps gain on top of whatever is achieved with just RT enabled.
The guy at gamestar who compiled all the settings from the game recently said you can't do 4k 60 fps with rtx (incl dlsa) with a 3090. So... I think people shouldn't expect 60 fps with all the ray tracing on top at 4k.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Got a link to that? It doesn't make senseguven what the Devs have been sayingto dateand what the specsheet says too so if it'strye then it must be from non gameresdy driversor somethingat that time.

Underboss
Got a link to that? It doesn't make senseguven what the Devs have been sayingto dateand what the specsheet says too so if it'strye then it must be from non gameresdy driversor somethingat that time.

Cyberpunk hype got you all cross eyed there mrk? :)

Soldato
Cyberpunk hype got you all cross eyed there mrk? :)

Haha... Exactly... these are the people I worry about when the game doesn't reach into their living room and perform life saving open-heart surgery on their relatives (with optional genitalia modification, naturally)... "I've got so much of my identity tied up in this game now, it can't be less than perfect or that means I'm flawed too?!?!"

Associate
Haha... Exactly... these are the people I worry about when the game doesn't reach into their living room and perform life saving open-heart surgery on their relatives (with optional genitalia modification, naturally)... "I've got so much of my identity tied up in this game now, it can't be less than perfect or that means I'm flawed too?!?!"

Bloody hell that was deep

Soldato
Bloody hell that was deep

Stupid I know, but good to have hyperbole on both sides... have legitimately heard people say things like:

"This is literally the game I've been waiting for my entire life" (uh-huh)

or

"My big worry is that after playing this I won't ever be able to enjoy any other games again because they will just seem so inferior in comparison" (mm hmm)

Every concern raised is met with a litany of finger-in-ear lalalalalala game is going to be perfect etc. it just gets a bit tiresome

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Let's not get overdramatic now. I've already played and thoroughly enjoyed probably one of the best game series I will ever play in my life (Last of Us) and I know that it's going to be very hard for almost any other game to match up to that level of storytelling and immersion with all those little details in the game go because Naughty Dog do things no other dev has been able to do yet.. At least as far as my interests in what makes a game great for me goes.

I don't have any set expectations for 2077 other than a visually grand SciFi shooter with deep RPG. The RPG bits are not really my type of thing in games any more but the SciFi aspect will keep me interested no doubt. My comments are obviously all based on what I've read and seen.

I think it's a shame that so many games end up being a let down at launch that the default expectation of many here is that the next AAA game must be a let down too because they fear disappointment rather than dealing with it /if/ that situation arises, you know how adults are supposed to do things.

Soldato
Well if I can get close to 60FPS at 1440p(or even 1080p with resolution scaling ) with a GTX1080 on medium settings that is fine for me. I am more interested in the RPG elements and the world building - if it is a decent RPG game it should be replayable over several years. I can always turn up graphics on another playthrough when I have a better system.

Associate
Well if I can get close to 60FPS at 1440p(or even 1080p with resolution scaling ) with a GTX1080 on medium settings that is fine for me. I am more interested in the RPG elements and the world building - if it is a decent RPG game it should be replayable over several years. I can always turn up graphics on another playthrough when I have a better system.

Pretty much my thoughts

I have a Titan Xp (2 actually but second will be of no use) which is quite old now so not expecting to be able to crank things up much. I used to be a graphics w***e but can't justify the expense nowadays when there are so few decent games around.

Soldato

Preaching to the choir mate, I am a huge supporter of CDPR, even been to their offices in Poland. However, there is no confirmation in writing of the specs aiming at 60fps. I'm just setting realistic expectations.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Well I guess it's only 16 days to go so we will all find out collectively :D

I managed 45-60fps in RDR2 on all ultra settings 3440x1440 so if that's the case with 2077 too with RT then I'll be happy. Happy with 2560x1080 too of course having gamed at that res extensively on other graphically intense games too.

Soldato

I managed 45-60fps in RDR2 on all ultra settings 3440x1440 so if that's the case with 2077 too with RT then I'll be happy. Happy with 2560x1080 too of course having gamed at that res extensively on other graphically intense games too.

What GPU do you have Mrk? I'm currently still using a 1070 @ 2560x1080 I'm hoping I can get a 6800 series or a 3070 before the year is out or early next year when theres more stock.

Man of Honour

I'd settle for that too, I find 45 fps to be eminently playable on most games, so as with you anything 45+ and I will be content.

Back
Top Bottom