Electric air duster?

Soldato
I have been using compressed Air cans for years. They work fine, but I am always conscious that they need to be replaced often and are not very easily recyclable, so not great for the environment.

I was thinking of getting an electric "air duster". I presume some of you have experience with them? Can you recommend me one or point out what I should be looking out for.

(I want sure the best sub-forum to post this, sadly we don't have a cleaning sub-forum!)

Associate
I have a compu cleaner as well, great for clearing dust from pcs and other devices, set to boxes etc, also clears the desk if there's anything left on it :), well worth the money

Soldato
Another vote for the compucleaner. That thing is ridiculously powerful. Make sure you hold onto your fans so you don't knacker the bearings

Soldato
Soldato
I have found that if I vac and dust the room every couple of weeks, wash the fan filters infrequently (every three months), I do not get dust build up in the PC. I have a nifty Dyson attachment for dusting the keyboard other than that the modern equivalent of a feather duster suffices

Is there a sex thing with a compuclean?

Permabanned
Whats with this 1yr guarantee rubbish? EU law states 2yrs? And sale of goods or CCR states reasonable time which is like 5yrs and Mastercard cover you for 5yrs. How do they get away with a 1yr claim? It really annoys me and these people should be forced to tell the truth. Indeed the EU are working on a law right now which will outlaw 1yr guarantee and likely ban products that can not systain a decent lifespan simply for enviromental reasons.

And i am only looking at it for fine GPU dust, When my new pc is to be built i will dismantle and run a damp microfibre cloth over the case as that is only where you find dustbuildup with DEMCfilters. The fans are binned and replaced which also come up decent with the wet cloth method.

Caporegime
Whats with this 1yr guarantee rubbish? EU law states 2yrs by law no? And sale of goods or CCR states reasonable time which is like 5-6yrs.

EU Directive 1999/44/E and the Consumer Rights Act 2015 provide for a period of two years and six years respectively to seek a remedy from a trader. Neither is a warranty or guarantee.

The law in the UK is the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Within 30 days of purchase you can request a refund for faulty goods. Within six months repair or replacement. Beyond the first six months of ownership the burden shifts to the customer to prove the fault was present at the time of purchase.

The reasonable period for an item to last is not set at six years. It will vary depending on factors such as the type of item and its cost.

The manufacturer warranty/guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights.

Last edited:
Permabanned
EU Directive 1999/44/E and the Consumer Rights Act 2015 provide for a period of two years and six years respectively to seek a remedy from a trader. Neither is a warranty or guarantee.

The law in the UK is the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Within 30 days of purchase you can request a refund for faulty goods. Within six months repair or replacement. Beyond the first six months of ownership the burden shifts to the customer to prove the fault was present at the time of purchase.

The reasonable period for an item to last is not set at six years. It will vary depending on factors such as the type of item and its cost.

The manufacturer warranty/guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights.

Thanks it does make sense now.

Back
Top Bottom