** GORGEOUS NEW LG 4K MONITOR - LG 27GN950-B PRE-ORDER NOW **

Associate
Issue I have on my 27GN950 : sometimes when I come back to my computer (no sleep mode, only screen automatic shut down after 15mns - screen automatic standby is at "off" in monitor settings) my PC still works but my screen do not react from the keyboard or the mouse, I have to unplug and re-plug the monitor electric cord to have an image again !

Have you ever experienced this issue ??

Associate
Issue I have on my 27GN950 : sometimes when I come back to my computer (no sleep mode, only screen automatic shut down after 15mns - screen automatic standby is at "off" in monitor settings) my PC still works but my screen do not react from the keyboard or the mouse, I have to unplug and re-plug the monitor electric cord to have an image again !

Have you ever experienced this issue ??
Not me m8 sorry

Associate
Thanks guys, I had 2 settings that would enable it to go in a kind of sleep mode : one in the monitor settings and one (obviously) in Windows, I have deactivated the windows one as well and now it's just a screensaver after 5 minutes. Of course now it works ;)

Rup

Rup

Associate
Wow didnt know stock was so bad. For once my inability to say no to anything new & shiny paid off.
Did an impulse buy 6 weeks ago, despite not needing it.

Associate
The HDR is bad, I assume it has limited dimming zones as for example in Destiny 2 when the loading animation is playing (white animation on a black screen in the bottom right corner) you can see about 1/6th to 1/8th the screen area is lit up to try and boost the brightness. I guess I am comparing this to the other HDR screens we have which are OLEDs so one extreme to the other. I didn't buy it expecting much from the HDR and so I'm not too fussed. It's performance in SDR content is more than good enough for me.

Associate
Received this product not too long ago, very pleased with the display and shows little to no bleeding. Currently running a water cooled 1080ti to partner this as of right now and sad to see I'm capped at 95Hz but this was expected. I was hoping to receive my Strix 3080 on time with the delivery (currently 7th in the queue), but what can you do!:p

For all those interested i would say like many that 27 inches is fairly underwhelming but you can still detect equally as much clarity as you would with bigger displays at 4K. Personally if you have patience, unlike me, i would say hold out till the new year and wait to see 32+ models for a much better immersion & with a HDMI 2.1 port, i only say this because you have more options with what you can do owning this display. Overall, its a super clean display and probably the best for your buck for a 4K gaming display, so I do recommend. Hope this helps those who may be waiting for theirs to arrive and also those considering the purchase.

Soldato
Should be able to run an Xbox series X at 120hz 1440p on the HDMI of this monitor. Might be able to do 120hz 1080p with a PS5. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Associate
Hi guys. Just ordered mine 17/11/20. How long did yours take? Just because I'm growing impatient as there is still no ETA for the monitor. Thank you!

There is an order arriving any time now but that would only cover around 30% of the orders (the number of items shipped was reduced from 6 pallets to 2). If you are lucky, and a full order comes in next month you may get it just before Christmas, if unlucky i'm guessing mid - late January. This is all a guesstimate based off of previous deliveries.

I ordered mine 11/11/20 and not expecting it in the delivery due now

Associate
There is an order arriving any time now but that would only cover around 30% of the orders (the number of items shipped was reduced from 6 pallets to 2). If you are lucky, and a full order comes in next month you may get it just before Christmas, if unlucky i'm guessing mid - late January. This is all a guesstimate based off of previous deliveries.

I ordered mine 11/11/20 and not expecting it in the delivery due now

I thought these 2 pallets had already landed and shipped last week - unless I misunderstood the update from @NikTheSHNIK

Associate
That's amazing news!! Thanks Nik! when you say 20 - do you mean monitors or pallets; pre-ordered mine on the 14th of Nov and since I'm getting my 3080 delivered on Thursday really hoping to get this monitor soon and close the build :)

Back
Top Bottom