*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Caporegime
OP
Everyone saying 45fps is acceptable, more especially with this game.. Don't forget it's not just an RPG but it's a first person shooter! So 45ps isn't acceptable for that part of it lol.

Soldato
I played watch dogs legion at 45fps most of the time with ultra settings... i have a feeling this will run similarly to that with Ray tracing maxed out. Here's hoping for a solid 60 though! Just upgraded to a 9900k so we'll see how we go..

Man of Honour
Everyone saying 45fps is acceptable, more especially with this game.. Don't forget it's not just an RPG but it's a first person shooter! So 45ps isn't acceptable for that part of it lol.

Yeah indeed - even with G-Sync you don't want to be going much below 60 FPS - adaptive sync of whatever kind just makes the experience better at around 60 FPS if you are getting some dips without having to make the compromises you used to in terms of tearing and/or input lag - it doesn't magically make low framerates any worse an experience beyond a point.

Man of Honour
Yep, time and time again you hear comments online about anything below 60fps is just not acceptable and not playable but the reality is unless it's a competitive fast paced game or something then it's perfectly fine and enjoyable from my experience. For me on a 34" monitor and a fairly high end sound setup the immersion --as long as framerates are consistent-- has really been excellent in most games I have played. I only stopped playing RDR2 because the actual story setting got rather boring for my liking after a while even though I enjoyed the game itself :D

The reviewers who have played it said even though it's an fps, the pacing is much slower than your usual fps games. It's no Doom Eternal for sure, neither is it something that needs quick reactions going by their previews.

What GPU do you have Mrk? I'm currently still using a 1070 @ 2560x1080 I'm hoping I can get a 6800 series or a 3070 before the year is out or early next year when theres more stock.

I have a Gigabyte 2070 Super OC which am quite confident it should pull through no problems.

Soldato
Yep, time and time again you hear comments online about anything below 60fps is just not acceptable and not playable but the reality is unless it's a competitive fast paced game or something then it's perfectly fine and enjoyable from my experience. For me on a 34" monitor and a fairly high end sound setup the immersion --as long as framerates are consistent-- has really been excellent in most games I have played. I only stopped playing RDR2 because the actual story setting got rather boring for my liking after a while even though I enjoyed the game itself :D

The reviewers who have played it said even though it's an fps, the pacing is much slower than your usual fps games. It's no Doom Eternal for sure, neither is it something that needs quick reactions going by their previews.

I have a Gigabyte 2070 Super OC which am quite confident it should pull through no problems.

My wife has the same, she's running 3440x1440 monitor and RDR2 she had a mix of high/medium settings and happily plodded along in the 60fps area. Personally, I'll be aiming for 60fps at minimum.

Ignorance is bliss. If you played on last gen consoles then maybe 30fps feels ok. For the majority of pc gamers. 30 isn’t acceptable. It feels terrible.

I'm in 2 mind about the FPS part, if I'm using mouse and keyboard, I'll likely lower resource hogging settings to get to 60fps, but when I play on the sofa hooking up the TV to the PC, I'll aim for 30fps at 4k with everything ultra as I'm sure the auto aim on the controller will equal out the loss in response.

Either way, I'm SUPER excited for this, specially after hearing it's a much slower RPG. I wasn't looking for another GTA V nor a Deus Ex. This seems to be right up my alley.

Don
I'm pretty certain my 980Ti is going to fall over and die with this at 4K :D

I think I'll be waiting for more 6800XT/3080 stock to be available (or a second hand 2080Ti from the MM) before I venture into this.

Man of Honour
Be aware that AMD cards won't have RT at launch as it's not ready yet, seems to be the running theme with the new 6800 cards and AMD are working on it with devs from what I've read. Worth keeping in mind as no word on how long you'll be waiting for those raytracings to be usable if buying the new AMD cards!

Man of Honour

Not a proper shooter though, no prone, no lean etc. Its going to be very simplistic on the shooter side of things. Its not like its going to require Battlefield/Doom/Call of Duty reaction times.

Man of Honour
PS4 Pro and PS5 (current gen game of course) gameplay:

I think the XBOX textures look sharper (unless it's Youtube's compression at play) overall but smoothness is better on Playstation. These graphical settings on PC if there's an option to replicate console GFX would be excellent for those wanting similar quality without the higher PC demands.

Launch day update brings improved gameplay and graphics also confirmed.

Caporegime
OP
10fps minimum or GTFO!

download.png

Soldato
I'm pretty certain my 980Ti is going to fall over and die with this at 4K :D

I think I'll be waiting for more 6800XT/3080 stock to be available (or a second hand 2080Ti from the MM) before I venture into this.
Sending you my regards...

If you can get a 3070 or a 6800 they'll run fine too. I dont think anyone should be expecting high frame rates with RT on.

Back
Top Bottom