Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
Definitely, though when I first put it together it was atrocious. Tuns out I hadn't tightened up the waterblock backplate enough so the GPU was always thermal throttling! :o

However, I can now run everything cranked up high except ray-tracing and bounce off the 141 frame limiter in Warzone. :)

I got a really good deal on the 3900X brand new a few months back and as I had to wait over two months for the 3080 I ordered at launch to arrive, I didn't fancy risking another insane wait on the CPU!
3900X is still a great chip. I had the 3600 for a short while and that did really well in this game

Associate
I thought that S6 was the last one, but there was speculation about something in Dec when there might be a WZ integration with Cold War.

They already have the zombie option, night mode, plunder, armor etc. So hopefully aslong as they keep rotation going the player base will stay interested.

Associate
Does anyone know if the audio cues are documented any where? I am thinking things like

buy station ringing (presumably another team using it?) when it wasn't your team
'Trophy system deployed'
Enemy uav callouts, is this only if they are xx meters from you?

I have also noticed the most wanted callout is within a certain (short) distance.

Soldato
From my understanding, season 1 for Cold war starts mid December when it integrates with warzone.

Definitely, though when I first put it together it was atrocious. Tuns out I hadn't tightened up the waterblock backplate enough so the GPU was always thermal throttling! :o

However, I can now run everything cranked up high except ray-tracing and bounce off the 141 frame limiter in Warzone. :)

Sounds great. I would quite like a 3080 or a 6800XT for my next card.

Associate
If it stays as it is at season 6 im sure people will still play it way mroe than Cold War. Cold War is just terrible.

I gave it another try, it's nothing like the same game

Totally agree. The beta was pretty ropey and I couldn't see any real advantages that CW had over MW.

Soldato
From my understanding, season 1 for Cold war starts mid December when it integrates with warzone.

How can it integrate? I thought Cold war uses a totally different engine, which is what makes it so terrible

Had a great session tonight, 22 wins in a row
22 wins in a row, wow! I only ever manage about 3 or 4 games before I need a break

RTX in Warzone, does this now do anything at all? I leave it enabled but not sure if it's fixed (does anything or not)

Permabanned
How can it integrate? I thought Cold war uses a totally different engine, which is what makes it so terrible

My best guess, which is based on nothing more than speculation, is that there will be a new map but Warzone will remain an Infinity Ward product. It will just change theme/map/guns to fit with whichever Call of Duty game is current, but I don't see IW/Activision letting anybody get a hold of their baby purely because whilst it is a free game, they're making money hand over fist on anime tracer packs and operator skins! :p

Soldato
My best guess, which is based on nothing more than speculation, is that there will be a new map but Warzone will remain an Infinity Ward product. It will just change theme/map/guns to fit with whichever Call of Duty game is current, but I don't see IW/Activision letting anybody get a hold of their baby purely because whilst it is a free game, they're making money hand over fist on anime tracer packs and operator skins! :p
Hopefully they expand Verdansk into the mountains where there is a ski resort, slopes, lifts, bars, a Folie douce, shops etc. I would happily pay another £30 for Modern Warfare on skis, snowboard wearing camo ski gear or bright 80s neon suits :D

I was one of those that paid for the prototype omega pack with purple trace rounds :o It was only about £4 with the credits I already had and wanted to if it was more powerful that standard upgraded Grau... Its not

Soldato
As above Battle.net. I rarely gamed at all before this release of COD and had not played a COD since COD 4.
Best game i've ever played (no lie) so easily worth the £50.
Over these lock downs it has provided me with some interaction with friends and old friends i've not spoken to for years aswell who play on a mix of console and pc's

If they changed it to hardcore anti cheat servers and constant bug fixes and map updates i would happily pay £50/month

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom