• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
Didnt realise there was another drive release seem to be coming thick and fast at the moment. Mine usually idles 6mhz so will try it later.
Yep and it's a great release, weirdly it's like whatever they've done for Cold War has helped Modern Warfare as I'm 100% getting a better smoother game... I think the combo of latest game up and this driver it's running sublime. One of the better driver releases this in ages. Absolutely 100% stable. And I'm cobined with the voltage and power hack as well and it's still solid.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Yes it really is started of with the reference September pasted then sold it got the Nitro special edition in November past I think. No issues at all with it. Just trying to find good undervolt and fan curve
Depends what you want and hopw much power v's speed, however I found that setting to 2,156mhz @1,156mv is 100% stable and boosts nicely to 2,076mhz... however I run mine faster but more volts. However, that's a nice comprimise uless you just happy to have slower mhz and lower voltage.

Associate
Depends what you want and hopw much power v's speed, however I found that setting to 2,156mhz @1,156mv is 100% stable and boosts nicely to 2,076mhz... however I run mine faster but more volts. However, that's a nice comprimise uless you just happy to have slower mhz and lower voltage.

Brilliant, I've small phanteks case with air cooling 2x140 fans at front and 3x Exhaust at back and top but don't know whether to remove the two up top. Whata your temps like? You water cooling?

Soldato
Brilliant, I've small phanteks case with air cooling 2x140 fans at front and 3x Exhaust at back and top but don't know whether to remove the two up top. Whata your temps like? You water cooling?
Yeah water cooling, max under 3 hours of gaming the other night was 72C and 88C on the junction temp but that's is a maxed card... once you reduce the voltage etc, it's mental how you can reduce the temps.

Associate
Yeah water cooling, max under 3 hours of gaming the other night was 72C and 88C on the junction temp but that's is a maxed card... once you reduce the voltage etc, it's mental how you can reduce the temps.

Yes at the minute my temps are 85c so happy enough that way but always fiddling and tweaking at the minute its 2000/1080, 1860 VRAM with +50 PL.

Also does anyone have the nitro + se that plays warzone? Is anyone Anti Aliasing really bad? currently playing off or SMAA 1x but visibility isn't great in places?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Yes at the minute my temps are 85c so happy enough that way but always fiddling and tweaking at the minute its 2000/1080, 1860 VRAM with +50 PL.

Also does anyone have the nitro + se that plays warzone? Is anyone Anti Aliasing really bad? currently playing off or SMAA 1x but visibility isn't great in places?

I think its warzone playing with stuff, after last big patch (well thats nearly all then right..) visuals by default seem to be worse.

Associate
I game on UW 1440p with my 5700xt - it does fantastically well. Sometimes I hit its limit, but its not hard to dial back a setting or 2 to get those frames :) - UW is an exception to "normal" 1440p as well.

I game on 4K with mine, and whilst it won't be doing ultra settings in every game, it's surprising how well it actually does overall. :D

Soldato
I am currently gaming with GTX 970. I was looking at the newer Nvidia and AMD cards but all are out of stock and the prices are quite extreme due to limited availability. I don't think this will change for some time, and am happy to upgrade to an older card such as the 5700xt for better price and availability.

However two things I've read that make me feel apprehensive are the temps and drivers. I have heard it is not uncommon for the 5700xt to get quite hot and there appears to be driver problems that are on-going issue from what I have read so far.

I was just wondering what people's experiences have been concerning temps and drivers issues?

Back
Top Bottom