• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Could well be a bug. Just amuses me how some of the X performance also looked bugged and the PS5 fans were proclaiming that it couldn’t possibly be the case.

It fits their agenda. If you couldn't tell from previous posts on the forums, I would never choose the PS5 over the Xbox... But to sit trashing either side for no reason is just a sign of the persons intelligence, which is also why so many gaming communities are so toxic now.

Soldato
I mean, the PlayStation engineers have probably stress tested this thing at maximum capacity for hours/days on end. I’m not concerned for now. As Noxia says, if it starts showing signs of failing then it’s a concern.

Associate
I mean, the PlayStation engineers have probably stress tested this thing at maximum capacity for hours/days on end. I’m not concerned for now. As Noxia says, if it starts showing signs of failing then it’s a concern.

I’ve not had any issues at all with my PS5 and as you say the system should have gone through rigorous testing. Worry about it as and when I guess.

Soldato
Gamers Nexus are not the be-all and end-all of the matter either, they absolutely do know what they're talking about but GN is also notorious for thinking their methods/findings are right and everyone else is wrong (their recent video about AIO coolers for one).

The matter definitely deserves some further investigation though to find out if it's a widespread, common design issue or just a flaw amongst some units.

Interesting thing to take from his testing, if one suspects there issues might be temp related they can try running the consoles with both panels off, to see if it helps.

Soldato
I'll be concerned when/if my hardware shows any sign of failing

From what I learnt when tuning DDR4 timings, the trefi type stuff is affected by temperatures, every so often the DRAM needs to refresh itself, manufacturers set defaults very conservative, the reason been that at high temperatures they have to refresh more often to prevent bit flipping. So DRAM is ultimately more reliable in cooler temperatures.

However the PS5 doesnt use DRAM, it uses VRAM instead, the characteristics might be different, also an unknown is how these type of values are configured.

The instability reported on reddit, I dont think is heat related, there is people sitting on the dash and firing up a game and before you can count to 10 its crashed to dashboard. So potentially two issues, or maybe the memory isnt an issue at all. But I personally wouldnt be comfortable running hardware at 90C.

Don
Guys, just wondering. I have a PS5 with all the games I want on it. I want them games on my other PS5 too, however don't want to redownload them. They are PS4 titles for the record.

Does the transfer to an external drive use a copy or cut method? I was thinking the PS moved a game to the external drive, it didn't leave it on the console storage, so if I did that it would be off the original console which is what I do not want.

Hope that makes some kind of sense?! Anyway around this?

V F

V F

Soldato
Yet hundreds of millions do and the majority never have any issues? We'll see over the coming months/year what the return rate is, if it hits double-digit percentages then we can agree it's a **** show from Sony.

Everyone complained on both PS4 releases of their consoles sounding like jet airliners. PS4 first release, then PS4 Pro.

PS3 suffered many YLODs not long after release or 6 months and beyond. Until the slim models. Solder cracked on the GPU.

Back
Top Bottom