• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
With the money they have and time it took to release, you'd think everything would be near perfect with the console itself. Just like the PS4 and the revision c chassis, no doubt there will be a minor refresh next year.

Associate
Anyone had issues with the sound on an LG C9? Blu-ray discs only play the background track and no voices.... I set the sound to bitstream on the ps5, tv and in the film, but no joy...

Soldato
Mine doesn't know what it's doing with HDMI power control.

I've noticed if I switch it on with the pad then change to the PS5 channel on the TV it puts itself back into rest mode. Thought it was me that did something at first but it's happened a few times now.

It's the only odd thing I've found with it so far.

Associate
Sony need to sort out the HDR on PS5 in the way that they're forcing HDR on everything, even games that are native SDR.

Fortnite looks awful on the PS5 on my Q90T but on the Series X is fine as on the Series X you get the option in the dashboard to turn off auto HDR.

Sony is basically forcing Auto HDR on everything and it's awful. They need to go back to the way it worked on the PS4 Pro where it would detect if the game was HDR and switch the TV to HDR.

I know it's early days, but this was a massive oversight by Sony and they should've taken a page from Microsoft's book on how to implement HDR on this generation of consoles.

I would imagine this could be fixed with software fairly quick and they need to.

Here's a thread where they discuss in detail: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps5-displays-sdr-content-in-hdr-container.321253/page-14

V F

V F

Soldato
With the money they have and time it took to release, you'd think everything would be near perfect with the console itself. Just like the PS4 and the revision c chassis, no doubt there will be a minor refresh next year.

That was the best version I found, whisper quiet and I've never had to open it up after all this time since Christmas 2016. At least it got a slight speed bump with a 860 EVO 1TB that was installed.

V F

V F

Soldato
For the truth, scalp away all they like won't be getting a penny from me.

If I decide to buy it'll be when stock is plentiful, can't see the need for panic, the games will still be there to play all the same even if it's a few months down the line.

The cycle will continue once again when the revised models hit. They'll all be offloading the launch models.

V F

V F

Soldato
The hdmi cable supplied with the console is so dodgy, random black screens. Went back to my own cable and it is as good as gold.

These are the reasons I don't trust these cables. They put in bare minimum spec to save costs that leads to deterioration. Or you get many dodgy ones from the factory.

Had the same things with Display Port cables from monitors. Except Eizo.

Back
Top Bottom