LG 38WN95C availability

Associate
After quite a bit of research I decided on upgrading to an LG 38WN95C monitor, so finally took the plunge and paid OCUK my £1350 to pre-order. I believe that they have had some stock but are waiting for new stock. This was almost a month ago now but they are still unable to say when they might expect to be able to supply. They can't even say if it is weeks, months or never.

I wouldn't mind so much if they weren't holding my £1350 since I could continue to shop around or maybe even make a different choice. What do people think of this situation? Is it like COVID - it will be OK in the end but we don't know when - or should I give up and rethink my monitor strategy?

Associate
I too wanted a WN, but haven't seen any indication of stock coming anywhere. The GN has just come back in stock so perhaps the WN stock might follow..

My own thoughts (which I can't really substantiate) is that LG have prioritised GN production as well as selling off their panel to the likes of Dell etc (for the forthcoming 38inch Alienware). Maybe the WN isn't so much of a priority for LG at this stage?..

Associate
OP
Actually, since posting my comment it has appeared on OCUK that stock of 38WN95C has an ETA of 4th November. Goodness knows how many monitors they will receive and how many people are in the queue. My fingers are crossed.

Associate
The 4th November ETA has been up since last week. It appeared on the day I sent a webnote asking for info about stock and got the following response:

I'm afraid we do not have any ETA for this product currently as we are awaiting information from our suppliers. As it has been quite some time since we've had any stock of this, I would recommend considering another product to be honest.

Talk about confusing, eh? Hopefully November is correct as other vendors are listing that month. I'd rather not look at other models as the 38WN95c ticks majority of the boxes for me.

Associate
OP
Yes, I had a similar negative reply from an enquiry even when an ETA of 4th November was published (although I hadn't spotted it). It seems that whoever responds to webmail is not adequately informed. Let us wait until 4th November and see what happens. I say again that I might be more understanding if it weren't for the fact that they have already charged me in full and are holding my money.

Associate
OP
After the ETA date of 4th November OCUK went back to saying "Pre-order" and no ETA. I enquired what had happened and was told that the delivery did not arrive on 4th November as expected but that they are expecting a substantial delivery in November. I shall wait it out a bit longer but if anyone finds it available elsewhere then please post and we can all scramble over there.

I'm afraid that I find the strategy of taking our money in full when there is no firm delivery date to be sharp practice. I guess without it being available anywhere else they have us by the s&c . . .

Permabanned
I have noticed a lot of things going out of stock recently. I wonder if this is a combination of troubles with Covid and also perhaps more people at home spending money on their PC. But yes, I have a £3000 shopping list at the moment and all of the stuff I want is out of stock. Not just at Overclockers but at every supplier. It's not just an Overclockers problem.

Also, I noticed last year that availability of many of the LG top-end monitors was patchy. Seemed they were never in stock. I guess they are supplying their main market - whoever or whatever that is.

Last edited:
Soldato
Apparently my WN backorder should get filled this month fingers crossed.

All the LG stuff is out of stock. I found piles of other items out across lots of stores.

As said, global air fraight is down, shipping, manufacture, demand is high. Those who kept jobs lost pubs and now have incredible surplus cash :D

I'm waiting on the WN screen, a 5950, 6 Lian Li fans, a 6900XT and EK block... please come soon. A year alone with just a phone and my work macbook is taking its toll!:D

Associate
So my 38wn95c has been delayed for the 8th time (from another retailer). Honestly using covid-19 as an excuse can only get you so far. I've literally had this monitor ordered since June. LG are a joke.

Permabanned
So my 38wn95c has been delayed for the 8th time (from another retailer). Honestly using covid-19 as an excuse can only get you so far. I've literally had this monitor ordered since June. LG are a joke.

I noticed this with last years top-end models. It was almost impossible to actually get hold of one. Not sure what they are up to.

Associate
I have had the 38gl950g for about 3 weeks and was waiting for the WN but it was more expensive and, more importantly, not in stock anymore.

Now I have the 38gl950g I'm pleased I did the right thing. The fan seems to be a major concern but I can honestly say if you hadn't told me there was a fan in there I wouldn't ever have known. I can hear it I put my head to the grill at the top but other than that it's silent from where I'm sitting.

Any questions then feel free to ask...

Associate
So I have this ordered elsewhere and my status switched from awaiting stock to awaiting despatch. I called up and they received 13 units with over 30 preorders. Apparently I'm at the literal top of the list! So hopefully this means that units will be trickling through before the end of the year? I'll update if it actually ships - it has to go through a dead pixel check first.

Soldato
I ordered mine 6 weeks ago maybe at ocuk and asked 3 weeks ago and was told I should get mine this month.

I noticed the 38Gn950 has a due date of the 27th of November. So I'm guessing it may be in a similar shipment. If it doesn't come by then I'll probably bin the order and get a Samsung G9.

Seems LG are happy to run multiple skus of this panel and sell them to alienware but can't even keep a single line supplied.

Also I've noticed it doesn't have DSC so there is a spec tradeoff. Can't have it all.

The Samsung is just a bit OTT for space use, weight, curve rate etc for me though. But at 200+ quid cheaper and offering more everything...

At the price LG is asking I'm starting to waver, especially with these stock issues.

Associate
So my 38WN95C shipped today! Arriving tomorrow. I've had the order for about 6 months at this point haha (not OCUK). End of a saga as long as it's not faulty and doesn't have any bad pixels in unfortunate places.

Associate
So my 38WN95C shipped today! Arriving tomorrow. I've had the order for about 6 months at this point haha (not OCUK). End of a saga as long as it's not faulty and doesn't have any bad pixels in unfortunate places.

At that price I would be saying that it shouldn't have bad pixels in ANY places, rather just in unfortunate places!

Associate
At that price I would be saying that it shouldn't have bad pixels in ANY places, rather just in unfortunate places!

Haha yeh I'd agree. My previous 38wn95c had a stuck pixel right in the middle of the screen and I sent it back. Had to wait 5 months to get this new one sent out, so if it's only at the edge of the screen I might be more forgiving. Don't wanna wait around for half a year again! With that said I bought the extra dead pixel check too, so it shouldn't have any!

Back
Top Bottom