Received an empty box from Amazon Warehouse

Associate
Bit of gamble from Amazon warehouse, some stuff is ok but i've had to send a few items back that where not 'as new' as described.

But i've ordered from Amazon and had stuff missing from boxes, like a 500GB Corsair MP510 drive missing from the box, possibly someone in the warehouse and it's just the right size to sneak it out in some orifice.

Soldato
I ordered a brand new Kindle HD8 +. Still had all the film on it but the problem was that it wouldn't connect to wifi or bluetooth. Amazon accepted the return without question and sent me out a new Kindle, honouring the price of the Warehouse purchase.

Soldato
I bet Amazon do get a lot scammers claiming to have not received items as well. It's pretty shoddy all round.

Soldato
OP
I bet Amazon do get a lot scammers claiming to have not received items as well. It's pretty shoddy all round.

No doubt that happens a lot too and it's wrong! But this whole sending back empty boxes or stealing from a warehouse item ends up screwing over an innocent customer.

Caporegime
It does seem to be happening time and time again...

Someone on here only recently suggested recording yourself while unboxing anything from Amazon warehouse.

My missus just bought the new iphone and i unboxed that yesterday whilst recording it - just to make sure there wasn't any cheese inside.

Is it a particularly bad issue with "Amazon warehouse" as opposed to regular Amazon. Like I know there have been some PS5 issues, probs delivery driver related, as that's a hot item right now... but Amazon warehouse is the returns bit right? Is this perhaps indicative that they're not checking some returns and are just sending the returned item back out again when the customer has scammed them? Or I guess perhaps the warehouse operative who is supposed to check the returns could be nicking stuff too.

Associate
First time I tried Amazon Warehouse was not so long ago - a Dualit coffee machine.

Upon unpacking, the water tank was bust, someone must have dropped and broke the tip where it fits into the machine itself, and then returned.

Amazon to be fair, accepted the return okay but be prepared that it's been returned for a reason. You might get lucky and its a genuine unwanted gift - personally I wouldn't bother again.

Soldato
No doubt that happens a lot too and it's wrong! But this whole sending back empty boxes or stealing from a warehouse item ends up screwing over an innocent customer.

It's Amazon's fault for not checking returns. Instead of finding the thief when an empty box is returned, an empty box is sent out to an honest customer has to try and get their money back (and is presumably looked at as possibly the thief when they complain). Instead of dealing with the issue when it happens, Amazon allow the problem to travel down the line to innocent customers and then they have all the hassle. The thief is enabled by Amazon's poor procedures, and the customer is inconvenienced and may lose their money.

Associate
I got the same watch from warehouse today. Mine was in the box and it’s pretty decent for £68!
Hope they refund you without too much hassle.

Back
Top Bottom