Why not include the tiny screw WITH the NVMe drives :(

Soldato
Just recieved my first NVMe and found the screw was apparently part of the mobo kit and I cant for the life of me find it!

Got the drive in place just need to screw it down. I assume it's in poor taste to try and use it for one night and source the screw tomorrow?

I imagine I'm not the first to find this once their new part arrives.

Are these a standard size m2 screw? Anything special about them?

Thanks

Soldato
OP
this is going to sound daft but have you checked the mobo?

My past two have the screw in position and you take it out to pu the drive in.
Not daft suggestion at all. However nope :( it has the stand off screwed in in place but not the screw to attach it.

Part of me remembers a tiny bag with m2 written on it. But I cant find it in my mobo box now :( doh!

Soldato
Just recieved my first NVMe and found the screw was apparently part of the mobo kit and I cant for the life of me find it!

Got the drive in place just need to screw it down. I assume it's in poor taste to try and use it for one night and source the screw tomorrow?

I imagine I'm not the first to find this once their new part arrives.

Are these a standard size m2 screw? Anything special about them?

Thanks

I think the thread the standoff uses is the same so you could unscrew one of the standoffs and screw that in to the stand off you want to use

Soldato
OP
These M.2 standoffs pretty much all use M1 machine screws. Where abouts are you based? You are welcome to pop around and get one if you are close to Croydon?

Appreciated unfortunately not!

Funnily enough I'm a CNC machinist myself and did have a rummage around our shop today but we just dont ever use anything that small!

Back
Top Bottom