Whats your favourite keyboard?

Associate
Durgod Taurus K320 TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - 87 Keys - Double Shot PBT - NKRO - USB Type C ANSI US (Cherry Brown, Space Grey) (Cherry Brown, White) <<---- on that big site but note: US Keyboard only

I joined a couple of discord channels and they're basically saying move to ANSI layout to get more choice. What are people's views? I used to use a mac kb that had a US layout...

Soldato
G513 carbon, got it on sale at the curry house for £100 quite a while back. One of the best keyboards i've used, really nice switches and no "clacky" sound that you get with a lot of mech keyboards.

Soldato
I joined a couple of discord channels and they're basically saying move to ANSI layout to get more choice. What are people's views? I used to use a mac kb that had a US layout...

I switched from UK ISO to ANSI when I got my mechanical keyboard. I set it in UK layout in Windows and it hasn't bothered me at all. I touch type anyway, so it doesn't matter to me that the markings on a few keys are inaccurate. Apart from that, it's basically just a matter of getting used to the slightly different position of the return key and the # key.

I actually find I prefer the US style return key, since it is more comfortable to press with my little finger from the home row than the UK one, which needs you to stretch a little bit further. If you use the backslash key a lot that might be an issue unless you have it in US layout (but then the £ is harder to produce).

I will probably stick to ANSI layout for preference now, given a choice that is otherwise equal.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
I just got a Keychron K3 (The newest slimline model from KeyChron).
My first mechanical keyboard. Very different to the Apple one I've been using to date. I like it.. I think. My main concern is that colleagues will find it too noisy when typing etc. on Zoom calls. I really like the clicky sound personally though :)

If anyone is thinking of getting one and has any questions (or pics), happy to try and answer them . I went for red mechanical Gaterons. I would say it's pretty loud so certainly glad I didn't go for anything more clicky!

Associate
Ducky One2 TKL with silent reds. Have the ONe2Mini but really needed the function keys and love the TKL one now, although I still use the mini and it's great when I don't need the function keys.

Associate
Logitech G815 is the perfect balance for me. Quality materials, great layout, wired and matches other Logitech G stuff I have (G935 and G Wireless Pro Mouse)

I fancy G915 TKL as it would look better with no wires, but I'm crap at keeping an eye on my charge levels

Back
Top Bottom