• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
There are many reasons a 6800 XT would be better than a 3080 but this isn't it. A YouTube video isnt a proper way to analyse the finer details and if I have to stop and take screenshots and squint to see differences, its not something which would influence my buying decision.

I am just waiting for CP 2077 to come out so that when benchmarks release, the NVIDIA trolls get something to spam this thread with.

The differences between the two in that still are pretty obvious, I could see them just glancing at it.

Associate
I see the usual Nvidia apologists are doing their thing in this thread... out come the excuses "blah blah youtube video blah blah" ok if your so smart how comes its clearly identifiable with both screenshots side by side on youtube? surely if its youtube compression both screens would look bad? next defence is "Dirt 5 is not a next gen game" lets be honest, admit it, its an AMD sponsored game, so therefore its fair game to point out its not Nvidia friendly...

Seriously the usual suspect in here are upto their usual straw grasping tactics, pathetic as usual.

This is the kinda gimping that needs to be shown to a few youtuber channels to see who will actually investigate it, would be interesting to see if GN or HU would take a deeper look.

Soldato
Could be but that means the 3080 is so bad it can`t even run a ps3 game with some ray tracing thrown for lols. :)

There is a big difference in IQ between left and right. Anyone can see it. If that is youtube's fault or Nvidia really gives lower quality for better FPS, that should be investigated.
IQ-comparison-4.png

Oh you mean the right image has Depth of Field enabled and the left doesn't.

Whats the point of trying to compare when you aren't even using the same settings.

Go cheat somewhere else, no one cares

Associate
There are many reasons a 6800 XT would be better than a 3080 but this isn't it. A YouTube video isnt a proper way to analyse the finer details and if I have to stop and take screenshots and squint to see differences, its not something which would influence my buying decision.

I am just waiting for CP 2077 to come out so that when benchmarks release, the NVIDIA trolls get something to spam this thread with.
So you think that if someone is comparing these cards and is running Radeon at high and Nvidia at Ultra that is still a fair game because you may not see the difference on youtube or you have to squint to see them?
IQ is a big deal and it should be investigated. Because it means cheating.

Associate
So you think that if someone is comparing these cards and is running Radeon at high and Nvidia at Ultra that is still a fair game because you may not see the difference on youtube or you have to squint to see them?
IQ is a big deal and it should be investigated. Because it means cheating.

No I am saying that in that YouTube video, I am not seeing any differences in textures on my 1440p monitor. You say there is a huge difference but thats just hyperbole imo. There may be slight differences in rendering between the 2 GPUs but if its something I need to take screenshots to see, it won't influence my buying decision

The only notable difference I am seeing is not textures but rather motion blur seems to be disabled on the AMD GPU while its turned on with the NVIDIA card. Also the Depth of Field looks to be enabled on NVIDIA and disabled on AMD to make it look good.

Associate
Oh you mean the right image has Depth of Field enabled and the left doesn't.

Whats the point of trying to compare when you aren't even using the same settings.

Go cheat somewhere else, no one cares

thats not DoF, if you looks at the other background areas, they have the same 'focus'

What you are seeing is just straight out lack of detail blur, not Bokeh.

Permabanned
No I am saying that in that YouTube video, I am not seeing any differences in textures on my 1440p monitor. You say there is a huge difference but thats just hyperbole imo. There may be slight differences in rendering between the 2 GPUs but if its something I need to take screenshots to see, it won't influence my buying decision

The only notable difference I am seeing is not textures but rather motion blur seems to be disabled on the AMD GPU while its turned on with the NVIDIA card. Also the Depth of Field looks to be enabled on NVIDIA and disabled on AMD to make it look good.

It's loss of focus but on the whole image - what's the central point without loss of clarity?
Motion blur at that speed of the camera is absolutely unnecessary - I don't understand why Nvidia wants to put effects where they don't exist?!

Associate
One of the things that puts me off forums is fan boys just starting to argue for the sake of arguing. Blue Vs. Red. Red Vs. Green.
What's even worse is they do it in the wrong bloody thread. If its the image comparison thing, surely it should have been a thread on its own. Some of us are trying to get information about the damn bloody cards. Not "Green is better because.....".

Can't you guys just control yourselves and if it is off topic, create a new topic?

Associate
It's loss of focus but on the whole image - what's the central point without loss of clarity?
Motion blur at that speed of the camera is absolutely unnecessary - I don't understand why Nvidia wants to put effects where they don't exist?!

People also need to see in the archway windows, those aren't blurred when they should be if actual Bokeh was being used and more to the point, DOF or Bokeh effects is suppose to bring the subject area in sharper focus....

Soldato
One of the things that puts me off forums is fan boys just starting to argue for the sake of arguing. Blue Vs. Red. Red Vs. Green.
What's even worse is they do it in the wrong bloody thread. If its the image comparison thing, surely it should have been a thread on its own. Some of us are trying to get information about the damn bloody cards. Not "Green is better because.....".

Can't you guys just control yourselves and if it is off topic, create a new topic?
The Sad Panda is indeed sad. First off iq is part of the discussion regarding rdna in this thread. And, there is a rule you can't discuss competitors on this forum! And to conclude there is a thread dedicated to availability already.

Therefore, what you seek is offtopic.

Last edited:
Permabanned
People also need to see in the archway windows, those aren't blurred when they should be if actual Bokeh was being used and more to the point, DOF or Bokeh effects is suppose to bring the subject area in sharper focus....

It looks like Nvidia's cards process narrow areas where the anisotropic filtering actually works, and other areas where it doesn't.
Bokeh doesn't look like that. To me that looks like fog.

Associate

lol and both companies don't even give a **** about users. AMD launched their cards with the same **** availability as NVIDIA, 2 months later. They are also charging relatively the same prices as NVIDIA without a matching feature set to boot. The same members downplaying ray tracing in games would come back and start hyping it the moment AMD gets a competitive ray tracing lead in any game.

Associate
It looks like Nvidia's cards process narrow areas where the anisotropic filtering actually works, and other areas where it doesn't.
Bokeh doesn't look like that. To me that looks like fog.

Anisotropic Filtering does not work in Horizon Zero Dawn. Its completely bugged and was never fixed. I have the game installed currently and need to force AF through the driver control panel to get it to work. It does not work on both AMD and NVIDIA.

Associate
Eh? Dirt 5 is generally recognised as being graphically underwhelming...
Still that does not explain the worse performance on Nvidia cards if one throws in the " it's only DXR" argument. If we agree that games optimized for a specific architecture will run better on that architecture, then yes, Dirt5 is a pretty bad game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom