What are Vodaphone like thesdays?

Associate
As title, looking at some of their black Friday deals they are very competitive and I’m tempted to jump ship.

However, I've been with T-Mobile for the last 20 years on my personal mobile and typically used O2/BT on work contracts so I have no real recent experience of using them.

The last time I had a contract with vodpahone I distinctly remember signal and customer service being particularly *****. Has anything changed in the intervening decades?

Soldato
Like all Telcos, their CS is a mixed bag depending on who picks up the phone when you ring. In terms of signal, nobody can guarantee you'll get great coverage in your particular area.

Soldato
Like all Telcos, their CS is a mixed bag depending on who picks up the phone when you ring. In terms of signal, nobody can guarantee you'll get great coverage in your particular area.

Don't take any notice of the signal maps either I'm on Vodafone and at home it shows max 4g coverage I have to use WiFi calling .I'm about to leave Vodafone after been with them 10 years and no money off via retention's

Soldato
They are not very good imo and they barely try to compete with other networks prices.

Example being three’s £17 sim only unlimited everything contract.

THE nearest comparison on Vodaphone is £26 with limited data.

The customer service is no better, avoid like the plague.

Soldato
Price-wise, Vodafone don't seem to give a ****. They are usually among the most expensive, although if they have deals that beat all the others, it could be worth getting.
Genereally, I'd say Vodafone start out with the best deals on tarrifs and the like, but then get undercut a bit later by most of the others.

However....

Vodafone are the only company with any reliable signal where we are.
My wife swapped to Three because they had a far better deal compared to Voda, as in less than 50% of the cost, but she's forever screaming at the phone because Three never have any signal when it really matters.
I also go out into the field or to remote work sites a lot (our area covers about a quarter of England, including London) and again Voda are the only ones with any semblance of signal, especially in areas where you'd expect everyone to be 100%.

Associate
Where i live Vodafone has best signal. But again one of the more expensive.. changed to id whi uses the 3 network.. not seen full signal down here yet !!!

Soldato
I think, from evidence here in NI anyway, Vodafone seems to survive on business contracts. They have the entire NI Civil Service contract for a start - both phones and 4g enabled laptops/tablets.
So I guess in that regard they probably don't give two hoots about their consumer pricing, which as has already been pointed out, is shocking to say the least.
Signal wise here in NI it's a toss up between them and O2. EE/3 are just pants anywhere outside of Belfast give or take.

In addition, for those that rely on the Vodafone signal but don't particularly care for Vodafone themselves why not try Voxi or Lebara?

Associate
OP
Sadly three/smarty/id are out - I live in rural East Anglia and signal isn't great on EE/O2 as it is.. Shame as they have some excellent deals.

The deal i'm looking at with vodaphone essentially winds up as their big red tariff (unlimited calls/texts and 100gb data) for a shade under a tenner a month over 2 years - which seems far better than any of the other BF deals I've come across including those form their rebrands like voxi.

The only two tried and tested networks I know are good for my area are EE and O2 in that order, but EE clearly don't want my business at all and I can't see any sort of deal that comes close on O2.
However, I can imagine the shine soon wears off even the best deal, if one can only use their phone from the bottom of the garden, holding it in the air while standing on one foot.

If I had come across it earlier I suppose I could have ordered a PAYG sim to test it.

Soldato
The deal i'm looking at with vodaphone essentially winds up as their big red tariff (unlimited calls/texts and 100gb data) for a shade under a tenner a month over 2 years - which seems far better than any of the other BF deals I've come across including those form their rebrands like voxi.
That's the same one I'm on. It works well enough for me and I'm happy with it.
There's always someone who gets Unlimited everything for a fiver or something, but really even 100GB is enough data for me to do everything I need, plus I always get pretty good signal.

RJC

RJC

Don
I had Vodafone in the past and not had any issues - But I am looking at going back because of the YouTube Premium is supplied with some of there tarrifs.

Soldato
Going off the likes of Rootmetrics etc they generally come in second for performance behind EE which

In major cities they generally perform very well.

In the West they are noticeably quicker than the East. This is due to the mast sharing arrangement they have with O2. A lot of the architecture was done by O2 in the East. Not much Band 1 over in the East and it shows.

VoLTE, Wifi Calling, Visual Voicemail and e-Sims are available on Vodafone - like EE and O2.

I recently switched from EE (after 6 years) to Vodafone and they're a mixed bag. Coverage wise i'd say they are on par if not better than EE. Speed wise, you get the odd 4G+ area pushing over 100Mbps but in general, they're slower than EE.

They've come a long way coverage wise in the last few years. There was a huge gap between EE and the rest not long back in terms of 4G coverage.

Soldato
They are not very good imo and they barely try to compete with other networks prices.

Example being three’s £17 sim only unlimited everything contract.

THE nearest comparison on Vodaphone is £26 with limited data.

The customer service is no better, avoid like the plague.

That's because Three have the worst network, they're not investing in it like VF & EE.

Man of Honour
I’ve been trying todo that and not had any success with Nord VPN - keeps going to AED :eek:

I did post in the YouTube thread in GD.

I had that too; ended up using a free VPN just for buying YT Premium; I'll see if I can remember what it was called!

On topic though; I've been with Vodafone as my main mobile network for almost 16 years and they've been fine; that said of late its been a business account and I tend to get put through to Ireland if I have any issues so at least I can understand them! (almost!)

Soldato
Vodafone are definitely more interested in B2B contracts than B2C contracts, as the money to be made on them is so superior. Saying that I am on Vodafone and have been for over a decade (communications company who resell Vodafone :)) and never have any issues. Just got my new iPhone 12 and on 5G I was seeing downloads speed exceeding 400mbps when in Waterloo area, so happy with that.

Soldato
Finally transferred back during Lockdown 1.0 after 7/8 years away and I wish I'd never left! The last time I was with them I had a 4S and the coverage was excellent. I was seduced with an offer from Three and although their signal was non-existent indoors where I am, I went with them anyway - they sent me a WiFi booster...

For the next several years I was able to get more and more out of them for less and less until I finally gave them the boot this year. Their coverage locally and nationally for me, just wasn't good enough. I find Vody and O2 the most consistent, locally and nationally and I've been travelling the UK a lot in the last 18 months.

Buy a burn sim and see what they're like where you are.

Associate
I have just switched to BT (EE) from Vodafone. Before that I was on Virgin using EE network. Overall I was pleased with their coverage. It was better than 3 and O2 that I'd had previously. I have found that EE was slightly better here in East Sussex. Signal strength has been fairly similar but EE seemed to be a bit more consistent with holding onto 4g a bit better for me.

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
I'm very happy with Vodafone's network.

I’ve been trying todo that and not had any success with Nord VPN - keeps going to AED :eek:

I did post in the YouTube thread in GD.

Hola browser extension works.

Back
Top Bottom