• Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Well I've joined insider app and downloaded the system update but sound problems still exist.

I've tried without the pad switched on and tried a different TV, again still static sounds.

So I've submitted a bug report via the insider app. I'm just in 2 minds whether to go for an RMA with Argos, as I can't see them having spare stock and I'd rather not have a refund and get stuck in the chaos to get another one.

I might wait it out until things settle down stock wise and see how things progress!

Soldato
I might wait it out until things settle down stock wise and see how things progress!

Damn. I didn't see if you did, but did you try it with different sound output settings? After this, you could try a full reset of the console, but that's probably pointless. It does look more and more like it might be a hardware issue so I guess you'll have to either wait it out (update down the line may fix it) and then get a repair, or try it straight away.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Damn. I didn't see if you did, but did you try it with different sound output settings? After this, you could try a full reset of the console, but that's probably pointless. It does look more and more like it might be a hardware issue so I guess you'll have to either wait it out (update down the line may fix it) and then get a repair, or try it straight away.

Yeah sorry, I've done both of those things multiple times lol

Thankfully it's not too bad during gameplay so I'll hold out for a bit and keep trying to troubleshoot as I find new possible solutions.

I'll see what comes of the report via the insider app. I can't see me being able to easily swap it at Argos for a replacement this side of new year really. It's got warranty for at least 12 months, so hopefully it won't get worse!

Soldato
the insider program is great, I already submitted PR for the capture storage setting changing back to internal on every bootup, now doing one for the instant on problem, you can do this without using the beta updates as well, so if you just want an avenue for reporting problems whilst only using the stable firmware you can choose to do that.

Man of Honour
Thanks. It seems to have a lot of decent reviews.

I only avoided that one due to the longer term reviews that reported failures. Many of these brands will use much cheaper chips. Not much more for a mid-high range brand. It’s whether your prepared to take the risk I guess - not particularly the end of the world if an external storage drive for games fails, apart from it being a false economy.

Soldato
I'm absolutely gobsmacked by the absolute silence in this series X. I game for hours, I can't here no quickening of the fans or anything audible over the TV volume. Hell, even muting the TV I can't even hear the thing from the sofa and even putting my ear to it it's only just about noticeable. Astonishing performance and cooling.

Caporegime
I'm absolutely gobsmacked by the absolute silence in this series X. I game for hours, I can't here no quickening of the fans or anything audible over the TV volume. Hell, even muting the TV I can't even hear the thing from the sofa and even putting my ear to it it's only just about noticeable. Astonishing performance and cooling.

Yep, its basically silent. Played RDR2 for hours and simply could not hear it even though the console sits almost right next to me. My PC (which i thought was quiet) at idle is genuinely louder than this when playing a graphically intensive game for hours.

and on the note of RDR2 - **** me it seriously is the best looking game ever released, no question. Its astonishing. The game alone running on the Series X (presumably running the x enhanced version) feels "next gen" compared to a lot of the very average looking games out there.

I dont know what Rockstar do with the lighting and effects compared with everyone else but they have some magic going on there. RDR3 (if there will be one) and GTA 6 are going to look phenomenal.

Soldato
I only avoided that one due to the longer term reviews that reported failures. Many of these brands will use much cheaper chips. Not much more for a mid-high range brand. It’s whether your prepared to take the risk I guess - not particularly the end of the world if an external storage drive for games fails, apart from it being a false economy.

Amazon customer service is normally good so if it fails within the year I'll just get them to replace it :D

Associate
Yep, its basically silent. Played RDR2 for hours and simply could not hear it even though the console sits almost right next to me. My PC (which i thought was quiet) at idle is genuinely louder than this when playing a graphically intensive game for hours.

and on the note of RDR2 - **** me it seriously is the best looking game ever released, no question. Its astonishing. The game alone running on the Series X (presumably running the x enhanced version) feels "next gen" compared to a lot of the very average looking games out there.

I dont know what Rockstar do with the lighting and effects compared with everyone else but they have some magic going on there. RDR3 (if there will be one) and GTA 6 are going to look phenomenal.
Agreed, playing watch dogs legion i was underwhelmed, sure the fancy RT reflections etc look nice but I actually think GTA v would hold it's own against it never mind rdr2, I'm kicking myself for trading it in towards my series x now, but on ms store rdr2 is on black Friday sale so I may have to double dip....then again so is gta v for £12 so I think i may get that again :D

Caporegime
Yeah sorry, I've done both of those things multiple times lol

Thankfully it's not too bad during gameplay so I'll hold out for a bit and keep trying to troubleshoot as I find new possible solutions.

I'll see what comes of the report via the insider app. I can't see me being able to easily swap it at Argos for a replacement this side of new year really. It's got warranty for at least 12 months, so hopefully it won't get worse!
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinside..._and/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Caporegime
Been dipping in and out of this thread sorry may have missed this but have MS mentioned stock levels before Xmas at all, might treat myself....

You got no chance mate. Better shot at winning Euro millions. Curry's stock went in seconds yesterday. Argos stock already gone from this morning. Need to get some sort of scalping bot software to have any chance.

Soldato
the insider program is great, I already submitted PR for the capture storage setting changing back to internal on every bootup, now doing one for the instant on problem, you can do this without using the beta updates as well, so if you just want an avenue for reporting problems whilst only using the stable firmware you can choose to do that.

Glad it's not just me that's noticed the storage option going to internal.

I get complete system turn offs when recording to a external HDD

Back
Top Bottom