Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Man of Honour
I agree, I may end up getting a refreshed iMac because the cost of that vs a LG 5K makes more sense.
There are various USB-C 4k panels you could look into, unless you're sitting about 2 inches away from it you'd struggle to noice. The Dell U2720Q offers the same USB-C connectivity and is vastly cheaper. There's of course more expensive panels to choose.

Soldato
New desk mat, mouse and keyboard to go with the M1 MBA.

DSCF9160.jpg

No idea how you can stand the UK layout of Apple keyboards tbh. That enter key is insultingly small and so I always opt for the ANSI versions.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
There are various USB-C 4k panels you could look into, unless you're sitting about 2 inches away from it you'd struggle to noice. The Dell U2720Q offers the same USB-C connectivity and is vastly cheaper. There's of course more expensive panels to choose.

I've had a used various 4K 27" panels (including the Dell U2720Q) and I'm just not a fan of 150% scaling. 200% is where I'm at.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
No idea how you can stand the UK layout of Apple keyboards tbh. That enter key is insultingly small and so I always opt for the ANSI versions.

It's fine for me, if I'm hitting enter I'm using my hand from the mouse and hitting it on the long edge, or if I'm typing then it's a easy reach for the right pinky.

Like with most keyboards after a while you just adapt and muscle muscle takes over.

Yeah thats the one I've been looking at but bigger. How do you find it? I've got a cheaper one now and it's a bit bobbly.

It feels nice, the mouse tracks and glides well. Being felt it may wear over time but I'll keep an eye on it. If it gets bobbly I can just run the bobble shaver over it.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
I picked up a new soldering iron to supplement my antique 45W weller magnestat iron. (a really old TCP-1) I also picked up a load of banana plugs, bnc adapters and some speakon plugs & sockets. The iron was somewhat determined by me accidentally buying the wrong tip. Bizarre pricing meant the "educational kit" which came with a roll of solder, an extra tip and a pair of xcelite cutters was about 30p more expensive than the basic iron only kit.

V F

V F

Soldato
Big screen, the only way to make a PS5 look reasonable in size.

Funny that. I remember seeing people's PS3s and PS4s over the years how they looked so tiny against 40 - 60 inch TVs. Now the PS5 looks big against those sizes. Then the PS5 looks tiny against 75" and bigger. :D

Back
Top Bottom