Is there a "cool" convertible?

Don
The new California, as mentioned, is minging and hopefully wont become a classic, I see one every morning and despair at the owner, who in his defence also has two e-types (one is a convertible)

Associate
I rather like the Lexus LC 500 convertible ... a little out of my price range but might be a good buy on the second-hand market in a few years as being a Lexus it will never go wrong.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I don't think that there is such thing as a "cool" car, period, really.

Cars are something which it is accepted in the mainstream that you'd like a nice car, but i know absolutely nobody that would be impressed or think that someone is "cool" based on a car. Quite the opposite to be honest, my wife for example sees anything too showy as the height of awfulness. (I disagree but then i am a car geek, and a general geek, so i cannot judge whether something is "cool" or not). A good example is my direct neighbour with a bright red convertible F458, he looks like an absolute chump driving it. I love it obviously, but it is very far from cool and my wife thinks very lowly of it.

And back to me, i dont spend anything on cars really, but i really love convertibles. I currently have an E-Class (requirement for more than 2 seats) Cabriolet and really love the car despite having had it for ages. I struggle to know what to replace it with really bar a newer model of the same thing, or perhaps a BMW 6 convertible.

Soldato
I think any supercar qualifies as a cool convertible, I'm throwing down the gauntlet, show me an uncool supercar convertible:p (from the last couple of decades).

Funny really. I think that Supercars and Hypercars are absolutely uncool. A good GT is cool. Supercars and Hypercars are for kids top trumps figures.

Mind you, the car which started this line of thought - the DB7 - I would class as a GT, not a supercar anyway.

Goes to show, we're all different.

Associate
Quite like this:

aston-martin-other-models-S3994802-7.jpg

Soldato
If “cool” is measured by boy racers egging you on to gun it from the lights but enthusiasts showing genuine interest at forecourts, shows and stuff then my Z4M was quite cool. Cool or not, I miss it so much and massively regret selling it but at least I toured it around Europe a few times and used it how it should be:

ypv6Llj.jpg

Back
Top Bottom