AMD RYZEN 5000 SERIES 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X NOW ONLINE AT OcUK!!

Associate
Do we know how many have been pre ordered

On the day of launch Gibbo said they got 3000 pre-orders and stated that if you got your order in before 6pm or so then you'll get it before the end of November based on their expected deliveries, it's somewhere in this thread several pages back. Looks like they'll meet that with the 5950X but no update on the other variants on whether OCUK will meet their original timing (or how many days it's slipped by).

Soldato
On the day of launch Gibbo said they got 3000 pre-orders and stated that if you got your order in before 6pm or so then you'll get it before the end of November based on their expected deliveries, it's somewhere in this thread several pages back. Looks like they'll meet that with the 5950X but no update on the other variants on whether OCUK will meet their original timing (or how many days it's slipped by).
Thanks for the update, so chances of getting one this side of xmas very very slim....

Associate
Almost certainly not going to happen if you’re 300 - 400+ in the queue unless a miracle happens.

Gibbo did say back at launch to expect a delivery every week and one of OCUK's competitors who give frequent updates have also noted to expect weekly updates.
I would hazard a guess at this point based on reports from ports that the RYZEN cargo freighters are all just waiting to come in. So i expect there was a single ship scheduled each week but that they have all been pushed back by 3 weeks to a month.
If we do get 300 5900X this week for instance we can expect 300 the week after etc etc.

Can not understand why OCUK's competitor say they are only getting like 20-30 this week.

Associate
5950x received. Was hoping for a small sugary boost this morning, before installing, but will have to find my own sweets. Wishing everyone luck getting their CPU soon too.

Associate
5950x received. Was hoping for a small sugary boost this morning, before installing, but will have to find my own sweets. Wishing everyone luck getting their CPU soon too.
Congrats man, enjoy. At least I know I'll move 1 place this week. Just 690 odd more to go. Edit: No, I ordered the 5900X. Back one place I go.

Soldato
2021 will be the year Intel go the same way as AMD and Nvidia.

The hype it creates is a marketers dream come true. Notice all the youtubers even the lesser known channels have Ryzen 5000 to play with, test and review.

Manufacture small batches, keep demand high and reduce chance of obsolete stock that can’t be sold. It ticks all the boxes for grubby, penny pinching business especially with covid to hide behind. Nvidia’s VRAM response to AMD is going to make the current 3080’s all but obsolete, if they had pushed ahead with production would everyone still be buying 10GB 3080’s now for the original RRP - I doubt it.

Associate
Nvidia’s VRAM response to AMD is going to make the current 3080’s all but obsolete, if they had pushed ahead with production would everyone still be buying 10GB 3080’s now for the original RRP - I doubt it.
I'm still trying to get one. Impossible to get the FE version, just as impossible to snag a TUF 3080 - so much so that I'm open to the 3090 TUF too (since the 3090 FE is also mythical at this point). I'm sure people are getting them, just not me.

The 3080Ti is gonna be at least £899 for the FE, with AIBs going for easy £1k+. The original 3080s will, somehow, be a value proposition.

Associate
I am progressing slowly up the CPU list but I still haven't got a GPU on pre-order. My new build is functional using a second hand 3200G I picked up on ebay. Unfortunately, if I get my new CPU soon I won't be able to use it as I will lose the integrated graphics from the current chip. Anyone have any recommendations for a really cheap graphics card which will run in an otherwise high-end system until I can pick up something worthwhile?

Associate
I am progressing slowly up the CPU list but I still haven't got a GPU on pre-order. My new build is functional using a second hand 3200G I picked up on ebay. Unfortunately, if I get my new CPU soon I won't be able to use it as I will lose the integrated graphics from the current chip. Anyone have any recommendations for a really cheap graphics card which will run in an otherwise high-end system until I can pick up something worthwhile?

Hey, just pick up a used 580, they are going for well below £100 right now and will get you solid 1080p performance till you can get a new card.

Associate
I'm debating sending my motherboard back and waiting to see what Intels 11th gen performance is like. I'm thinking with how delivieries are, I won't. E getting my 5900x till Jan-Feb and Intels release is meant to be March

Soldato
I'm debating sending my motherboard back and waiting to see what Intels 11th gen performance is like. I'm thinking with how delivieries are, I won't. E getting my 5900x till Jan-Feb and Intels release is meant to be March
Think im going to hold on until the 1st. If nothing has happened with stock by then i might cancel and sell the motherboard i bought (not sure i can send it back as it's MSI and i did the cashback claim) not getting a gpu from the looks of things this year. Might just wait until next year and see what happens. Prices will probably go loopy with brexit, but part of my build kind of revolved around combining the 5000 series with a 6800 gpu, without it just feels a bit pointless bothering as I've got a 9700k anyway so it's not really much of an upgrade. Really disappointed as i hadn't treated myself all year and it felt like a fun time to do it.

Associate
Think im going to hold on until the 1st. If nothing has happened with stock by then i might cancel and sell the motherboard i bought (not sure i can send it back as it's MSI and i did the cashback claim) not getting a gpu from the looks of things this year. Might just wait until next year and see what happens. Prices will probably go loopy with brexit, but part of my build kind of revolved around combining the 5000 series with a 6800 gpu, without it just feels a bit pointless bothering as I've got a 9700k anyway so it's not really much of an upgrade. Really disappointed as i hadn't treated myself all year and it felt like a fun time to do it.

I've been Intel since the core 2 duo days, I was a bit cautious of going AMD as they usually drop the ball somehow but I thought "F waiting for Intels March release", especially when they've been quite lackluster. I'm running a 4790k and it's only at higher refresh rates at 3440x1440 that I'm feeling it struggle
I'm tied in to Gsync so I have to stick with nvidia for GPUs waiting for that 3080ti

Back
Top Bottom