** World of Warcraft : Shadowlands **

Soldato
So, I've got the next few days off (perks of working for a US company in the EU!) and I figured I'll get stuck into shadowlands. I missed pretty much all content from BFA.

I've always played rogues but looking at early dps rankings, sub rogue seems to be the only viable spec and seeing as I dislike it and prefer sin... What is the alternative here? Any huge overhauls to classes that are fun?

Soldato
I've always played rogues but looking at early dps rankings, sub rogue seems to be the only viable spec and seeing as I dislike it and prefer sin... What is the alternative here? Any huge overhauls to classes that are fun?

Play what you enjoy :) Don't worry about DPS rankings or FOTM or anything. I haven't done for the last few expansions and haven't suffered, it's been a long time since I was pushing realm firsts and even then I quit to a more casual guild and was happier.

Soldato
So, I've got the next few days off (perks of working for a US company in the EU!) and I figured I'll get stuck into shadowlands. I missed pretty much all content from BFA.

Best bet is honestly just to go for a class/spec you enjoy. The balancing is really off at the moment, Blizzard will have to tweak it (a lot). Also the comparisons we get to see are top 1% mythic raiders. For the casual player there's nowhere near as much disparity.

Soldato
Play what you enjoy :) Don't worry about DPS rankings or FOTM or anything. I haven't done for the last few expansions and haven't suffered, it's been a long time since I was pushing realm firsts and even then I quit to a more casual guild and was happier.

Best bet is honestly just to go for a class/spec you enjoy. The balancing is really off at the moment, Blizzard will have to tweak it (a lot). Also the comparisons we get to see are top 1% mythic raiders. For the casual player there's nowhere near as much disparity.

Thanks guys, I love sin rogue for the micro management and skill needed to get the absolute best out of it. Outlaw is pure fun and speed, and sub is just boring to me.

How are hunters these day? Any complexity to the class or is it the same old 3 skill kill wham ban rotation?

Soldato
Okay, i'm going to be the first to say it. Why do we need about a dozen different progression systems, all of which seem overly busy but at the same time totally uninteresting?

The levelling is great and the art and sound teams - as always - have knocked it out of the park.

Caporegime
I love the environment of bastion so far. Not a fan of maldraxxus. At all. Too difficult to traverse and just so...Green! Also every npc there seems to be a rip off of brutal legend.

Soldato
Okay, i'm going to be the first to say it. Why do we need about a dozen different progression systems, all of which seem overly busy but at the same time totally uninteresting?

The levelling is great and the art and sound teams - as always - have knocked it out of the park.

It is a but silly. As far as I can tell, almost no one likes borrowed power. The squish was the perfect opportunity to move away from it.

Got my warrior to 60 and have done a bit of everything. Going to get my reknown and torghast done for the week then concentrate on gearing. Seems to be slow going as world quests don't really offer gear anymore.

Permabanned
The squish was a good idea honestly i despise what people above me like i am not bad at gamea but these honor talents and covenant ability binds simply overwhelm me. And i had my macro box filled with and used about 20 macros. I find myself choosing the least bloated class but still what the hell do they want me to do grow another ten fingers?

Rogue has too many i can not fit the convenant ability on my bar plain and simple and you need to keep up bones, Slice and dice and rupture?! So probably rollong arms to be honest at least there you react to a proc instead of watching if a buff falls off. Arms actually seems less cluttered than Rogue! :(

Associate
OP
The squish was a good idea honestly i despise what people above me like i am not bad at gamea but these honor talents and covenant ability binds simply overwhelm me. And i had my macro box filled with and used about 20 macros. I find myself choosing the least bloated class but still what the hell do they want me to do grow another ten fingers?

Rogue has too many i can not fit the convenant ability on my bar plain and simple and you need to keep up bones, Slice and dice and rupture?! So probably rollong arms to be honest at least there you react to a proc instead of watching if a buff falls off. Arms actually seems less cluttered than Rogue! :(

Weakauras helps with monitoring buffs / dots , but I agree , more and more systems.

I'm currently unsubbed and waiting a few weeks before deciding if i'll dive back into it again.

Soldato
Oh and the awful mission table is back but this time there's no success percentage or any kind of tutorial on what's going on. I'm just leaving it alone until someone else comes out with some kind of guide on how it works.

Then there's some weird follower talent trees but the talents drop? Sheesh, why can't they put this development time into making the dungeons and raids absolutely perfect? Or even, bin all the borrowed power crap but give us an extra raid tier?

Soldato
Have to say I much prefer the old days of RNG, where you didn't need to level some pointless artefact/item up and just got something from a boss as loot, and then used crafting professions to get it to work.

They've made it utterly un-fun, I've enjoyed the story but I am done until they sort out the mess that is the end game, in the mean time I'll level some alts and make some gold.

Soldato
Oh and the awful mission table is back but this time there's no success percentage or any kind of tutorial on what's going on. I'm just leaving it alone until someone else comes out with some kind of guide on how it works.

Then there's some weird follower talent trees but the talents drop? Sheesh, why can't they put this development time into making the dungeons and raids absolutely perfect? Or even, bin all the borrowed power crap but give us an extra raid tier?

The command table is so basic and simple a 5 year old can figure it out. As for the conduit system, its functional and doesn't provide that much power at all currently. The conduits are drops that come from specific locations so you can target them.

Associate
I didn't have high expectations going into the expansion, but I am really enjoying the progress systems over all the RNG stuff from BFA! Is fun :)

Associate
Ive settled on marksman hunter as main.
They have worked wonders with this spec and its great fun to play in dungeons and Torghast.
Out in the world doing world content i run with BM hunter for easy mode.

Torghast is my hope for keeping me playing along with mythic dungeons, so far Torghast is fun and i love the concept of infinite dungeon.
Eventually i hope it will be a wow version of rifts and greater rifts in diablo3.

Im messing around with shadow priest and sub rogue too leveling them with the threads of fate feature which is great.
It was raiding that kept me playing for so long until i just lost interest in raiding, my hope is solo content or small group content will keep me interested.
It is 100% the most alt friendly and solo player friendly expansion yet.

Associate
Thanks guys, I love sin rogue for the micro management and skill needed to get the absolute best out of it. Outlaw is pure fun and speed, and sub is just boring to me.

How are hunters these day? Any complexity to the class or is it the same old 3 skill kill wham ban rotation?

Give sub rogue a go, its a totally different spec in shadowlands, highest skill cap too and a tonne of fun.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
With there being a big focus on weekly quests and content, how long have I got to complete the first week? I'm not quite lvl 60 yet never mind finishing the story, feels a bit meh to be rushed so I am enjoy and be more useful in endgame (Disc Priest).

Soldato
With there being a big focus on weekly quests and content, how long have I got to complete the first week? I'm not quite lvl 60 yet never mind finishing the story, feels a bit meh to be rushed so I am enjoy and be more useful in endgame (Disc Priest).

Till the next reset which is Wednesday for the EU, but its capped and there are catch mechanics from what I have read

Soldato
Ive settled on marksman hunter as main.
They have worked wonders with this spec and its great fun to play in dungeons and Torghast.
Out in the world doing world content i run with BM hunter for easy mode.

Torghast is my hope for keeping me playing along with mythic dungeons, so far Torghast is fun and i love the concept of infinite dungeon.
Eventually i hope it will be a wow version of rifts and greater rifts in diablo3.

Im messing around with shadow priest and sub rogue too leveling them with the threads of fate feature which is great.
It was raiding that kept me playing for so long until i just lost interest in raiding, my hope is solo content or small group content will keep me interested.
It is 100% the most alt friendly and solo player friendly expansion yet.

I’m maining MM and I think it kinda sucks for Torghast. The actual killing is easy and menial and requires little thought but then some of the floor six bosses are simply unkillable because of the spec’s inherent lack of healing. The torments just wear you down and you only have exhilaration.

All in all I think Torghast is ok, but it suffers from what a lot of content does in that it does need solid class balance, which has never been on point at all.

Associate
Really enjoying this, mainly due to the fact that shadowpriest is incredibly fun this expansion so far. Builds for every situation.

Torghast is fun, but I think it will get old quickly like islands did etc. Heard it described as "vertical islands" which I thought was amusing. The gearing up for raids has been fun too, it's SO nice being able to know exactly what's going to drop from where rather than a random heroic piece titanforging another 40 iLevels etc.

Back
Top Bottom