• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
hang on, need clarification

as i cant get my hands on a 3080 i thought id try an order a 6800xt, considering its amd top card however

are you saying there will be a 6900xt

which means its a faster card than the 3080? i might as well wait for the 6900xt then

how much are we talking here? 3080 money for the 6900xt?

Pet Northerner
Don
hang on, need clarification

as i cant get my hands on a 3080 i thought id try an order a 6800xt, considering its amd top card however

are you saying there will be a 6900xt

which means its a faster card than the 3080? i might as well wait for the 6900xt then

how much are we talking here? 3080 money for the 6900xt?

6900XT will be direct from AMD for $999 on Dec 8th

Associate
edit:

got the info

Cut to the chase
  • What is it? AMD's most powerful Radeon graphics card ever
  • When is it out? December 8, 2020
  • How much is it? $999 (£770, about AU$1,400)
But will the 6900xt really be 770 pounds?

im gonna skip on the 6800xt then

Associate
edit:

got the info

Cut to the chase

Soldato
Interesting.. Thanks for the information. I must be honest and say this kind of limitation via drivers doesn't give AMD any points in my book. Any known workarounds for this yet?

Not that has been demonstrated by anyone, no.

We might find out more today as the best two manufacturers for AMD overclocking tools, Sapphire and Asus launch cards today. We might see an updated Trixx and Asus GPU tool mentioned today in the reviews which addresses the Powerlimit and Memory clock ceilings.

I have to say though, the Red Devil video had no tool used and only utilised the standard AMD driver tool maximums which are exactly the same as reference. If neither of the Trixx or Asus GPU tool for these new AIB cards do not have higher limits than reference, it points to AMD wanting to protect the 6900XT launch.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I remember people stating RTX was not as bad as others were saying. I specifically remember a couple of folk really enjoying Quake 2 RTX but they also mentioned the performance issues. As for championing well hmm. It seemed more, I like this and am enjoying it in some games but there are issues.

Yeah but you know what I meant at least fella, that idiot said I was making it up so he's not only trolling but also not reading the forums to suit his agenda. People were using it well enough on a 2080Ti and for the new AMD cards to be on parity means others will be able to use it if they wish to. Looks like negative clouds like to hover with doom sentiments on here too much.

Associate
edit:

got the info

Cut to the chase

Dollars never match the exchange rate. You may be looking at £999.

Associate
No one cares about your made up story about 2080ti boys all championing RTX. Or the rest of the made up crap you just posted. Your not convinced because you have already made up your mind at the start and no amount of evidence will chance that.

Faster RT performance means better image quality in RT games. AMD based RT games and not really even RT games. They are most no different from the rasterization version of the game. RT in AMD games is a joke. Look at the state of RT in world of warcraft. Dirt 5 and Godfall. AMD support for RT is a laugh at the moment. There are like the nvidia 20 series after launch.

In games like Cyberpunk 2077 when AMD support comes, AMD cards like the 6800xt will have to perform at lower settings or 1440p like the 3070 (when AMD get super rolution if not 1080p maximum https://cdn-l-mkt.cdprojektred.com/image/16_9_EN_3-_02qt7qdkx3b50kqk.jpg) but the RTX 3080 will be able to turn everything up to full and go 4k. The performance grap will be obvious. At the moment a 6800xt will struggle to run a fully featured Dx12u game with full RT effects. Like Control or Minecraft. All the RT features used in Control are part of DX12u.

Heh
Did you noticed BTW that the 3080 with RT is about 35% faster than the 2080ti. The same amount as without RT.
So seemingly the uplift under RT is negligible compared to Turing.

Ampere cards - as it seems at the moment - just faster, bigger Turings. They are as much faster as they need more power, RT and rasterization performance scales the same. (Except for veeery RT oriented games like Quake or Minecraft) They are not bad cards by any means, but after the biggest hype in the past few years, they are very underwhelming.

Soldato
Jeezuz prices are down the toilet these days... Guess I'll do some more waiting then... Even RTX 3070's that are available for same-day shipping cost more than the 3080's MSRP and almost the same as some of the cheaper 2080ti's in my region... like literally WTF?!?.

Position 44, paid £699 for the ASUS 3080 TUF OC. Large shipment arriving. So should have my card next week and be playing Cyberpunk maxed out on release :D:D:D

I hope it to be so. Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom