I’d there such a car?

Associate
OP
The main three options are a Nissan Leaf, Renault Zoe or a BMW i3. However there are a few other curveball options like the Kia Soul and the Smart ForTwo Electric.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Cars/9801?_fsrp=0&_udlo=12000&_udhi=14000&_sacat=9801&rt=nc&Model%20Year=2018|2017|2016&Fuel=Electricity

I chose the Leaf mainly on size. It's about the same as a Focus, has 5 good sized seats, a decent sized boot and you can fit a 3 meter length of pipe / plank of wood inside.

Thankyou for getting back to the point.... we’ll just the kids play in the background...

Just done a few calculations going on size for the Nissan Leaf and it’s a bit too big and wide for the space I’ll need to keep it in at home and where to charge it aswell...

Oh well back to the drawing board...

Soldato
Thankyou for getting back to the point.... we’ll just the kids play in the background...

Just done a few calculations going on size for the Nissan Leaf and it’s a bit too big and wide for the space I’ll need to keep it in at home and where to charge it aswell...

Oh well back to the drawing board...

The Zoe is a bit smaller, but if you have nowhere to charge it then still a non-starter I guess.

Soldato
Last edited:
Man of Honour
Not a hot hatch by any stretch of the imagination but I swapped to a 2017 Ford B-Max Zetec Navigator 125hp manual in September for more or less the same reasons. I am 6'2" with a 34" inside leg and suffer from chronic back pain due to a damaged spine and now also arthritis in my spine. My old Astra SXI's seating position was giving me so much pain so I needed a different car. I found the B-Max not far away and it was mint so snapped it up. The seating position is fantastic and it has eased my pain and discomfort massively. I have loads of legroom and don't even have the seat all the way back or fully raised. It's very economical and I am averaging 48.2mpg without driving like a old granny. It's quick enough for me and the engine is actually quite punchy. Personally I love it. the build quality is great, the handling is excellent and as it's based on the Fiesta so it should be. Both rear doors slide and there is no pillar between the doors so getting in and out is very easy. The downside if you have a young family is that the boot is fairly small and by the time you get a pushchair in there won't be room for much else. There is a more powerful 140hp version but they seem to be quite rare. Avoid the Powershift gearbox in these as there have been numerous problems with it.

Back
Top Bottom