• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
Holidays don't have to expensive. I have been to the alps mountain biking for 2 weeks full board in a lodge with bike pass and all flights for less than that. Have been on cruises around the mediterranean for a week for less than that. It all depends on what you describe as a nice holiday.

Is benidorm classed as nice?

Associate
Last week OcUK said that all cards sold today will be pre-order, as stock won't arrive until "late Nov / early Dec". So I think everyone is buying on pre-order.

And don't forget they said what will arrive in Dec will also be very small amount of said cards. It really seems to be very unlikely to have any sensible stock levels of these this year. And I suspect it'll be the same for competition as well.

Associate
Agreed. I don't do pre-orders.

Not in this case at least, unless they can guarantee up to 2-3 weeks delivery at most. Otherwise it's months of waiting for vapourware, really. And then cries (as witnessed on these forums a few times) that money is locked in a pre-order and cards popped up somewhere else.

Associate
Not in this case at least, unless they can guarantee up to 2-3 weeks delivery at most. Otherwise it's months of waiting for vapourware, really. And then cries (as witnessed on these forums a few times) that money is locked in a pre-order and cards popped up somewhere else.

This, ill probably pre order one, and if the queue is mad ill cancel and try get one via the AMD direct route

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

We shall be launching cards around 2pm to browse, but we won't be taking any orders online or via the phones sorry.

Reasoning is simply due to lack of stock and were unwilling to allow a crazy backorder situation to build up on a product that we see very little stock incoming on this year.

Any stock that does come in, we shall give a heads up on the forum before making available to order, but that is very unlikely to happen this week, more like next week.

So in short today all you can do is window shop.

Sorry guys but we get so much flak when you guys are waiting on your orders and when I have gone and ordered 50,000 units and might struggle to see a few hundred cards this side of Christmas, it is ourselves who get the blame and the negative reviews, but as we do not manufacturer the product it is out of our control and considering that we can literally take 1000+ orders per minute on these new GPU launches which then causes havoc we have to take measures to stop this happening.

As such the product won't be available to order from OcUK today, when we feel we have adequate stock to make product available to order we shall do so and announce that date/time only on our forum.

Soldato
I can only speak for my local area but I wouldn't worry about scalpers making huge profits. 6800 non XT listed in my local area sold at £670. Over 400 views but didn't sell until 4 days after. That price is going to be very close to AIB prices imo.

The 6800 is priced a lot higher than it should be compared to the XT. Also I think the AIB XT versions will be silly money and Nvidia won't be worried. 3080s will continue to sell out instantly. The ray tracing/DLSS compatibility makes them worth it imo.

Associate
Hi there

We shall be launching cards around 2pm to browse, but we won't be taking any orders online or via the phones sorry.

Reasoning is simply due to lack of stock and were unwilling to allow a crazy backorder situation to build up on a product that we see very little stock incoming on this year.

Any stock that does come in, we shall give a heads up on the forum before making available to order, but that is very unlikely to happen this week, more like next week.

Sorry guys but we get so much flak when you guys are waiting on your orders and when I have gone and ordered 50,000 units and might struggle to see a few hundred cards this side of Christmas, it is ourselves who get the blame and the negative reviews, but as we do not manufacturer the product it is out of our control and considering that we can literally take 1000+ orders per minute on these new GPU launches which then causes havoc we have to take measures to stop this happening.

As such the product won't be available to order from OcUK today, when we feel we have adequate stock to make product available to order we shall do so and announce that date/time only on our forum.

Thanks for the update, will the prices be shown ready ?

Associate
Hi there

Can't say fairer than that!

Back
Top Bottom