Utah Monolith

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Banksy does America.

Why a overrated graffiti artist cant do this in the middle of the cairngorms is bit stupid though.

p.s

Has anyone shot it yet.

Capodecina
Soldato
ATS have worked out that it's been there for at least four years.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1276548/pg7#pid25582261

Apparently very hard to get to, as well:

Well, let me be clear, this location is not something mobs of people are going to be able to do. This is an extremely rugged and remote desert area with some brutal terrain. When I say it would be "easy" to get there I'm talking about 'easy' for a highly experienced off-roader with specialized off road equipment. John Q. Public in his Buick ain't gonna' get anywhere near this place! Just getting to the general area is difficult. It is very, very, remote. Moab is the nearest town, and this location is about 17 miles south of Moab. But that 17 miles is as the crow flies. It's probably 65-70 road-miles there, over some serious terrain even to just get to the dirt road I used as my starting point. It would probably take the better part of a day to get there from Moab. And you'd probably have to plan on making it a two day affair.

Bottom line, I wouldn't expect any crowds showing up anytime soon. I wouldn't have posted such detailed information otherwise.

It's only 2 hours or so from Moab, so not really a true middle of nowhere.

Updated location:

https://earth.google.com/web/search...YcboaiQ0ARtPhs0LTTQkAZoGKDN6ZLW8AhX5p5VgawW8A

You're hardly driving down a straight road though, are you. That's some serious mountain terrain.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, I thought of this too. I haven't got the right words to express how much I am simultaneously in love with and haunted by that album.

It's funny, because although I want this to be something more than just an art installation/publicity stunt of sorts, the actual consequences of it being something properly interesting are terrifying.

You have summed up my thoughts exactly on both points.

Man of Honour
Embarrassing for the guardian to even run this nonsense.

As if the Guardian is capable of embarrassing itself more than it already has. Although they're probably the closest to doing so, I feel it's impossible to have negative (as in, less than zero) credibility. Yes I'm obviously going way OTT, TLDR; Guardian bad.

On topic: Yeah, surely someone's going to go and have a crack at opening it up/cutting I to it?

Back
Top Bottom