Gigabyte G34WQC - 1440p ultrawide

Associate
Hello Gigabyte owners, I'm considering to buy this monitor to play with my pre-ordered PS5 and for productivity, given the latest news Ps5 won't support 1440p resolution. I'd like to know if this monitor is capable of downscaling the output from 4k, unless it will be an upscaling from 1080p but the result would be pretty bad. In order to know this is possible to run a test on this monitor with a software (let me know if i can post the link to this software). Would you be so kind to make a screenshot of the result and post it here so i can decide if is it worth to buy or not? Thanks

Associate
I would like to share early experience with my unit that arrived today.

Positives:

- Great contrast and black levels.
- No IPS glow
- High brightness
- Curve immersivenes, though its something I am still getting used to.
- No dead pixels or sub-pixels
- Resolution is a step up from 1080p 24inch, although nowhere near my Macbook Pro or iPad
- VRR working w/o flickering so far :) 6800xt freesync
- I did not notice any inverse ghosting
- Joystic is really great
- Power LED pointing downwards

Negatives:

- Squeel / whine from the centre of the screen
Video of the location, hard to hear it: https://streamable.com/apq0u7
Audio recording, much easier to hear: https://soundcloud.com/ondra-lopata/g34wqc-squeel-123
- Dark level smearing is really big and not just in UFO test. If you use dark mode, which I use everywhere, then scrolling in text changes color from white to "blackish white" - this is very noticeble and annoying. Not to mention playing some fast paced shooter in darker environment - I haven't tested that yet.
Example here: https://streamable.com/ari00i
- Overdrive options have very little effect, might be too hesitant and not enough aggressive. There are three options Picture quality, Balance and Speed. Any change in UFO test is only noticeble when switching from Picture quality to Speed (skipping balance), difference is too small when switching levels of overdrive in order.
- Inablity to set a cooler color temprature, only three settings are present and the middle is too warm from the OSD
- High input lag - marketed as gaming monitor, but having higher input lag than my decade old dell 2412m which is basicaly an office monitor that cost me €200 back then. Feel free to test here if you run dual monitor http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/response_time.php
- Stand is a bit wobbly, no tragedy

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Since it's still marked as "Pre Order", is it possible to know how many people are in queue? So to know if, let's say, I order mine today, I can expect it next week or next year?

Doesn't make any difference where you are in the queue if you don't know when and how many stock will be arriving.

Could be next week, could be next month, could be next year.

I don't know if the 10-20 a week will continue, accelerate or slow down.

Associate
Moin,

i get the monitor a few days ago.
there are a lot of pro and a few of cons......
when i enable gsync (3080) i see the lightly flickering in game menus. sometimes it stopped, when i go to fullscreen mode (it was fullscreen before)....
but what i don´t understand why i don´t get the full 144 hz when gsync is on. just 139 hz, it has nothing to do with the graphic game settings (i can set them all to the lowest, but it stuck on the 139 hz)
does anyone here fix it or now why thats stuck?
when i play by my self in game everything is smooth. when i died and you see the guy which killed you, it doesn´t run smoothly, like micro stuttering. but how could this be when my gameplay is smooth and just the cam from the other guy sucks?

ps. when i disabeld gsync then the game fps in modern warfare shows me 144 fps but then you have the tearing badly. gsync on = 139 fps

Associate
Moin,

when i enable gsync (3080) i see the lightly flickering in game menus. sometimes it stopped, when i go to fullscreen mode (it was fullscreen before)....
but what i don´t understand why i don´t get the full 144 hz when gsync is on. just 139 hz, it has nothing to do with the graphic game settings (i can set them all to the lowest, but it stuck on the 139 hz)
when i play by my self in game everything is smooth. when i died and you see the guy which killed you, it doesn´t run smoothly, like micro stuttering. but how could this be when my gameplay is smooth and just the cam from the other guy sucks?

ps. when i disabeld gsync then the game fps in modern warfare shows me 144 fps but then you have the tearing badly. gsync on = 139 fps

Do you have any confirmation about 4k downscaling? Will It work in 1440p with PS5?

Associate
Hi, Yesterday I ordered this monitor, G34WQC (on pre-order). Although I received both confirmations of this order/purchase from Paypal and Overclockers. There is no mention of estimated delivery date or any other information related to my order. Only a link was provided in the order confirmation from Overclockers, however, this link is headed CPU/GPU pre-orders, so not sure if the information provided in this link is relevant.
This morning and now, I am on the phone with Overclockers to find out the status of my order. However, I unable to get through to anyone at all, it is constantly ringing non-stop.
Can anyone here provide any information in regards to my order? such as when the monitor will be in stock, when will the monitor be delivered, estimate date, etc.
Why is there no one answering the phones?

ljt

ljt

Soldato
OP
Hi, Yesterday I ordered this monitor, G34WQC (on pre-order). Although I received both confirmations of this order/purchase from Paypal and Overclockers. There is no mention of estimated delivery date or any other information related to my order. Only a link was provided in the order confirmation from Overclockers, however, this link is headed CPU/GPU pre-orders, so not sure if the information provided in this link is relevant.
This morning and now, I am on the phone with Overclockers to find out the status of my order. However, I unable to get through to anyone at all, it is constantly ringing non-stop.
Can anyone here provide any information in regards to my order? such as when the monitor will be in stock, when will the monitor be delivered, estimate date, etc.
Why is there no one answering the phones?

They probably wont be able to tell you exactly. Someone asked this just over a week ago, see post number 207

Associate
They probably wont be able to tell you exactly. Someone asked this just over a week ago, see post number 207

It seems to be the case as they don't answer their phones. I tried so far today calling them 3 times and at each call was on hold for an hour and all I hear is the ring tone. So in that case you're right they are not telling me anything, so I have no idea what is going on.
But they have my money...

ljt

ljt

Soldato
OP
It seems to be the case as they don't answer their phones. I tried so far today calling them 3 times and at each call was on hold for an hour and all I hear is the ring tone. So in that case you're right they are not telling me anything, so I have no idea what is going on.
But they have my money...

Apparently they don't know how many they are getting in each delivery if they even get any at all.

They are coming in dribs and drabs with no set amount or timetable, so would be unable to give you a definitive date or even a queue position because it would mean nothing if they don't know how regular they are getting them

Associate
Ordered mine along with two other monitors last Friday and haven't heard anything since the order confirmation. I hope to hear something soon because being left in the dark isn't great. What is additionally frustrating is the other monitors are being held back because of it. I understand that times are difficult right now so it's probably more hectic dealing with orders. I hope to have at least received some sort of communication within the next couple of days.

Associate
Moin,

Did you get anywhere with the FPS issue in warzone? I’m considering this monitor to play the same game.

Reviewers complain about the dark level smearing. How do you find the monitor? Interested to hear some feedback from a fellow COD player

Associate
I have just ordered this too and feel like 3080 deja vu again with no idea when i am likely to receive it - it would be good to have some kind of estimate. I may cancel and go for the Ilyama gb3466

Associate
I have just ordered this too and feel like 3080 deja vu again with no idea when i am likely to receive it - it would be good to have some kind of estimate. I may cancel and go for the Ilyama gb3466

I still don’t understand why OCUK don’t have a page on their site like the photocopier company have for pre orders. Would help buyers to make an informed decision to if they want to join the que or wait until free stock

Associate
I still don’t understand why OCUK don’t have a page on their site like the photocopier company have for pre orders. Would help buyers to make an informed decision to if they want to join the que or wait until free stock

I don't think OCUK want a pre-order queue. They certainly don't with graphics cards now - rather just release them for a few mins at a time, sell them out instantly and not be beholden to months long pre-order queues.

If I were them, that's what I'd be doing

Back
Top Bottom