• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
The lower end of the 6000 series will probably be straight-up rebrands (*cough* refreshes).

The 5700XT could become the 6600XT or if they're feeling cheeky could be *cough* refreshed into the 6700XT
According to this: https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-rad...ature-navi-22-gpu-and-up-to-12gb-gddr6-memory

The 6700XT will be Navi 22 XT. It will have the same number of cores as the RDNA1 (40) but likely with 12GB RAM, and other RDNA2 improvements. "but with all the power efficiency, higher clock speeds the cards are expected to be noticeably faster [than the 5700]."

Soldato
The MSRP's from manufacturers are near impossible to hit, miss leading, there is a reason there are no NVIDIA cards at MSRP from any reseller selling none FE cards, board partners cannot hit it especially when air freighting stock, meaning the resellers most definitely cannot hit it unless they decide to sell at cost pretty much.

MSRP's should be more realistic then people would not be so disappointed.
Well if that's the way its gonna be from now on for computer parts ie £600- the Sky's the limit, I'm out and will find something else to spend my money on. Crazy prices!

Associate
So we can order via the forum or via the website once they are available? If via forum how? What link?
It doesn't say you can order via the forum.

He was saying that you will get a heads up on here that they will be available to purchase on OCUK website.

Caporegime
Absolute Nonsense - and watch your karma - it would be a shame if your new card died!
My new Vega 56? Lol.

We do know AMD will re-use RDNA1 in the line up, exactly how I don't claim to know.

But AMD does love a re-brand! (290->390, 480->580, etc, etc)

As for karma... I was making him feel better about his 5700XT purchase :p

Associate
My new Vega 56? Lol.

We do know AMD will re-use RDNA1 in the line up, exactly how I don't claim to know.

Apologies - i got the wrong guy!

Associate
My new Vega 56? Lol.

And it worked!

Dont let anybody put you down mate, you did gud!

Soldato
I've been keeping up with the thread today but I'm still confused, I thought there was more reference stock going up today?

And why are the 5700 XT's still so expensive, I get the 6800's don't directly replace them but I bet there is loads in stock and if there was a decent Black Friday deal on a Saphire 5700 XT Nitro I would probably pick one up to last me for 6 months until this stock situation sorts itself out

Soldato
The MSRP's from manufacturers are near impossible to hit, miss leading, there is a reason there are no NVIDIA cards at MSRP from any reseller selling none FE cards, board partners cannot hit it especially when air freighting stock, meaning the resellers most definitely cannot hit it unless they decide to sell at cost pretty much.

MSRP's should be more realistic then people would not be so disappointed.
Yeh Gibbo, Ocuk are not making money, hence wages suck, hence you drive a Vauxhall, LOL.

Associate
I've been keeping up with the thread today but I'm still confused, I thought there was more reference stock going up today?

And why are the 5700 XT's still so expensive, I get the 6800's don't directly replace them but I bet there is loads in stock and if there was a decent Black Friday deal on a Saphire 5700 XT Nitro I would probably pick one up to last me for 6 months until this stock situation sorts itself out

I am quessing this is stock that OCuk will have already paid for so to sell for lower they would take a larger hit

OcUK Staff
OP

The prices of all GPU's have risen, the 5700 XT cost a good $50 or more plus to buy at present and our sales are strong on them, there is zero point trying to do deals on cards that we were selling cheaper a few months ago as everyone simply points it out so we will just leave them at the prices they are and maybe do the odd daily deal or weekly deal from time to time.

There is a huge component shortage happening, there is a reason why we have so few Black Friday deals simply because if our cost have increased and everything is severely short there really is no room for deals to be made.

Associate
Peeps.. genuine request. Every single person who was hoping to buy a 6800 go spam AMD & Rank Azor's social media. It really is time that they realise that we the customers are not happy with this situation.

Soldato
The prices of all GPU's have risen, the 5700 XT cost a good $50 or more plus to buy at present and our sales are strong on them, there is zero point trying to do deals on cards that we were selling cheaper a few months ago as everyone simply points it out so we will just leave them at the prices they are and maybe do the odd daily deal or weekly deal from time to time.

There is a huge component shortage happening, there is a reason why we have so few Black Friday deals simply because if our cost have increased and everything is severely short there really is no room for deals to be made.

Well that's a shame, I'm bored of this waiting game and my brother wants my Vega 56 so I'd happily buy a 5700 XT to tide me over until stock is readily available but I would also be crazy to pay £500 for a 5700 XT right now. I would happily pay £400 for one just to get out of this rat race though!

Back
Top Bottom