Nvidia 30X0 series waterblocks

Soldato
I've treated myself enough this year with a new card, new blocks, new rads, new cpu and extra ram! Well into 2k worth of stuff lol!

I'll take a look at clocking my ram abit faster though last time i tried 3600 with looser timings it just bsod on me and screwed up my rgb on the memory.

I'm limited to 370w on mine as it only allows upto 104% but it seems to give it plenty enough to overclock upto 2185mhz. I reckon an unlocked power target to 114% would easily see it over 2200mhz!

one one treat wont hurt LOL, yeah ram can be a bit tricky to oc tbh, but if done right the payoff is great

(samsung b-die makes ram oc way easier, if on microm e die well your out of luck its doable but you need to chance loads of settings and in the end it may be worse)

oh yeah your on a palit card right, did you have a look at the bios flash guide i posted, the gigabyte bios i recomended had a power target of 110% which should allow upto 400w ish which as you say may allow the card upto 2.2ghz or more :)

Soldato
one one treat wont hurt LOL, yeah ram can be a bit tricky to oc tbh, but if done right the payoff is great

(samsung b-die makes ram oc way easier, if on microm e die well your out of luck its doable but you need to chance loads of settings and in the end it may be worse)

oh yeah your on a palit card right, did you have a look at the bios flash guide i posted, the gigabyte bios i recomended had a power target of 110% which should allow upto 400w ish which as you say may allow the card upto 2.2ghz or more :)
It's done, just bought a EVGA P2 Supernova 1000w platinum psu... major overkill lol.

Yeah its samsung bdie so i expected it to be ok for overclocking. I should really try again tbh but need to get this 9900kf overclock sorted first.

Yeah i did, i've bailed on it for now since i was worried the psu wouldn't be able to handle it. With the new one though i'll give the gigabyte bios a try and see what results i get, got plenty of headroom incoming!

Soldato
Plenty of power now the 9900k oc and a 3090 oc will pull some juice so you've done the best thing and gone big, my 16 core CPU and 3090 pull around a suggested 732w according to psu calculator that was with a CPU oc but no gpu oc so that figure will go up when I start a GPU oc, my poor 750w I had before would shutdown under load so I knew it was time to replace.

Soldato
Plenty of power now the 9900k oc and a 3090 oc will pull some juice so you've done the best thing and gone big, my 16 core CPU and 3090 pull around a suggested 732w according to psu calculator that was with a CPU oc but no gpu oc so that figure will go up when I start a GPU oc, my poor 750w I had before would shutdown under load so I knew it was time to replace.
Surprisingly my 750 doesn't seem to flinch and the watt meter reads well within spec still. I'll be using this for a few more days to come yet while i wait for the 1000w to arrive.

Soldato
Can I ask where you got the block from and how long it took to arrive?

Sure the block was ordered from bitspower directly from China, it was shipped next day and around a week later I had it in hand, that was with a delay in China too. Credit to FedEx they work really fast to ship and sort out the delay. I will say you can order the blocks still but there is a lead time of 3-20 days you may get lucky and get one within a few days otherwise it'll be 20 days before it ships

Associate
Awesome thanks. It looks a really nice block (as does most Bitspower stuff).

Not been a fan of EK stuff recently, but their block also looks impressive. Shame both cost a sixth of the actual card!

Soldato
Not sure yet I turned on my pc to check the card still worked after the block was installed, as soon as it booted I turned off as any longer and the card would get super hot, this Friday coming is when it'll be under watercooling I have new 12/16mm fittings and pipe to install, but once done I'll let you all know my results

Associate
I installed the Alphacool block on my MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 last weekend and logged the effect on my FPS numbers.

uc

Average temperature when running that 14422 Port Royal was 47 °C.
I think my memory speed and CPU are holding me back quite a bit now.

Associate
Not sure yet I turned on my pc to check the card still worked after the block was installed, as soon as it booted I turned off as any longer and the card would get super hot, this Friday coming is when it'll be under watercooling I have new 12/16mm fittings and pipe to install, but once done I'll let you all know my results

What's the lenght of the block?

Associate
Desperate for a waterblock for my founders edition card but can't find any heatkiller stated they won't be producing one EK are charging more than I'm willing to pay and they are not in stock alphacool are not in stock anywhere!

Anyone seen any decent blocks in stock?

The alphacool one says delivery in 1-2 days, it was delayed already I preordered it and It was supposed to be delivered last week, but this time they did not update the website yet, so maybe it will be shipped end of the week! fingers crossed.

I like the EK one, but honestly Alphacool costs half at £127.

EDIT: nevermind, they updated the website now it says 8-9 days, this is ridiculous

Last edited:
Associate
The alphacool one says delivery in 1-2 days, it was delayed already I preordered it and It was supposed to be delivered last week, but this time they did not update the website yet, so maybe it will be shipped end of the week! fingers crossed.

I like the EK one, but honestly Alphacool costs half at £127.

EDIT: nevermind, they updated the website now it says 8-9 days, this is ridiculous

Yep noticed that, this is unbelievable all I want is a bloody waterblock!!!

The EK one is priced at a third of what the gpu costs and more than my 32gb of ddr4 3600 c16 or my pair of 1tb nvme 4.0 drives its insane!!!

I have an entire EK based watercooling loop with ek fans fitting cpu block and pump res and Im unsure how mixing waterblock brands will look aesthetically

Back
Top Bottom