NR200 Owner's Thread

Soldato
I’m the opposite, got everything but the case.

See my post above regarding a PSU. Another store had them in stock for a few days a couple of weeks ago.

Soldato
OP
Im dying internally, I have landed both 5800x and 6800xt sitting next to my NR200p and the rest of components. And I can't find any SFX PSU 650W or higher anywhere in Europe. Its so frustrating, never have thought that PSU instead of cpu/gpu will stop me from building my pc. FML

The EVGA SuperNova GM 650W is available at some retailers. Also the Fractal Design Ion 650W, but that one is SFX-L.

Unfortunately SFX power supplies are extremely hard to obtain in my country (Philippines), the only available ones here are:
1. Silverstone SX700-G ($170)
2. Seasonic SGX 650w ($160)
3. FSP Dagger Pro 650w ($120)
I really really want the SF 750w and have been calling and offering down payments to multiple stores but they wouldn't take it as they weren't sure of the supply.
I'm also looking into the new Cooler Master ones but it'll probably arrive here in 2021.

Doesn't change the fact that ATX PSUs won't fit unless you use a short GPU. And even then, you need to 3D print the mounting bracket. SFX and SFX-L will fit. So you either need a different case, or an SFX or SFX-L PSU. SFX-L interferes with the top fan at the front, which isn't ideal. But it might be possible to work around that (I have, with a Silverstone SX500-LG). To that end, I'd go with the Seasonic you listed. It's a decent PSU. Overpriced at $160. But it's not like you have a lot of options...

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
How did you manage to get around this? I bought the same PSU before I realised this would be an issue.

I'll take a pic for you shortly. I mounted the PSU directly to the case using screws from the PSU fan on one side, and cable ties on the other. This seats the PSU higher in the case, and closer to the front. In this position with the SX500-LG, the power cord will just miss the front 120mm fan. It also gives a bit more space where the cables exit the PSU.

Associate
I'll take a pic for you shortly. I mounted the PSU directly to the case using screws from the PSU fan on one side, and cable ties on the other. This seats the PSU higher in the case, and closer to the front. In this position with the SX500-LG, the power cord will just miss the front 120mm fan. It also gives a bit more space where the cables exit the PSU.

Thanks man. I might just try a slim fan for the top of the case as I'd like to replace the stock fans with Noctuas anyway, and I'm not sure if I want to fiddle with an open PSU. I'm still interested to see what you came up with.

Soldato
OP
Thanks man. I might just try a slim fan for the top of the case as I'd like to replace the stock fans with Noctuas anyway, and I'm not sure if I want to fiddle with an open PSU. I'm still interested to see what you came up with.

I didn't open the PSU. Just took out two fan screws, held the PSU in place, and then put the screws back in (through holes in the case). I'll snap a pic later today; I've got to take my PC apart later to pop a new drive in anyway.

Associate
@tony888 I just had an idea. It's maybe worth investigating, if you daisychain rear cpu fan with rear top fan, and front cpu fan with front top fan, you could try playing with pressure to achieve better temps.

Can give it a try but pretty happy with where it is at now.

Cinebench R23 multi core bench I’m seeing 84C. This with +200MHz boost, not hitting the 90C thermal limit with fans on silent profile. Single core test I see 68C.

Gaming I’m hovering around 60-67C with fans barely audible. Might play with fan curves another time.

At first the temps were a shock to me coming from an intel 9600k and only seeing 65C max whilst benching but after doing some reading my temps seems pretty good compare to other. Also using TG panel so that’s a plus.

Associate
Doesn't change the fact that ATX PSUs won't fit unless you use a short GPU. And even then, you need to 3D print the mounting bracket. SFX and SFX-L will fit. So you either need a different case, or an SFX or SFX-L PSU. SFX-L interferes with the top fan at the front, which isn't ideal. But it might be possible to work around that (I have, with a Silverstone SX500-LG). To that end, I'd go with the Seasonic you listed. It's a decent PSU. Overpriced at $160. But it's not like you have a lot of options...

Thank you so much, I've decided I'll go ahead and try to wait and look for an sf750 for 2 more weeks. I'm planning to purchase a Zotac 3080 Trinity (it's around $900 in my country from an official retailer, I could probably import one myself but that would cost around $800+ with shipping and foreign transaction fees plus no 5-year warranty).

If I'd get an sf750, will the Zotac 3080 Trinity fit?

Associate
So I got my 5600x in yesterday and did the swap.

Before:
CPU Intel Core i5-6600k
Cooler Cryorig H7 (regular 3 pipe version)
Mobo MSI Z270 Carbon
Ram 16gb Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz CL18
GPU GTX1080 FE
PSU EVGA 750 ATX

New:
CPU AMD 5600x
Cooler Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi (4 heat pipes)
Mobo Asus B550-I
Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200mhz CL16
GPU EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra (undervolted)
PSU Corsair SF750

Transferred:
250gb 2.5" Samsung 840 SSD (OS and non gaming programs)
500gb Samsung 970 m.2
2tb Adata XPG m.2

Case: NR200p with (2) Noctua NF-A12x25 up top. TG panel. No bottom fans. CPU fan as exhaust.

I'm getting used to the temps. Much like @tony888 I'm coming from an intel that ran fairly cool in comparison to the Zen 3. Maybe its an AMD thing...maybe its my cooler (140w TDP though and only 65w CPU)....maybe its both.

Intel would idle in the high 30's/low 40s. Gaming would be in the mid/high 60s, occasionally spike and hit 70-71.

AMD idle anywhere from 50-60c. Played control for about an hour at 1440p max settings, DLSS and RTX on. CPU in the low 70s range avg 50% utilization. Core clocks at 4.2ghz most of the time @ 1.18v. So a little warmer range than Intel...sure mid 70s is acceptable but was used to high 60s and that 50-60 idle temp is super weird/new to me.

ueGD0DB.jpg

fWlHKje.jpg

More pics and a little RGB video.
https://imgur.com/a/MAKKT6D

Soldato
OP
Thank you so much, I've decided I'll go ahead and try to wait and look for an sf750 for 2 more weeks. I'm planning to purchase a Zotac 3080 Trinity (it's around $900 in my country from an official retailer, I could probably import one myself but that would cost around $800+ with shipping and foreign transaction fees plus no 5-year warranty).

If I'd get an sf750, will the Zotac 3080 Trinity fit?

Yeah, it'll fit.

SFX PSUs don't interfere with anything.
The 3080 Trinity is within the max dimensions for GPUs in this case.

Associate
Yeah, it'll fit.

SFX PSUs don't interfere with anything.
The 3080 Trinity is within the max dimensions for GPUs in this case.

Thank you so much for everything. I have one question left though, what would my fan configuration be?

Top - 2pcs Scythe Kaze Flex 120mm PWM ($13/ea)
Bottom - 2pcs Scythe Kaze Flex 120mm PWM Slim ($16/ea)

Are there any more locations I should cover? I'm gonna use the Scythe Fuma 2 btw.

Associate
@Eel8 I honestly dont think you need the bottom fans. They typically just add turbulence/noise and very marginal performance under a 3080. Now if you plan to deshroud the GPU that's another story.

I see, that makes sense. I think I'll just leave my cooler as it is as I really want that 5-year warranty. I think I'll just undervolt the 3080 to handle its temps if ever it reaches 85 or something. Thank you so much, now I think I'm all set. I'll try to check some Noctua vs Scythe benchmarks in the meantime since if I'm cramming these components on an NR200 I think I should at least get the best fan for it even if the Noctua has a very high diminishing return when compared to the Scythe (price-wise).

Associate
@Eel8 also the Arctic P12 fans are solid as well. They just have a weird resonance at 1000rpm. But if you avoid that range you'll be good.

Yeah I undervolted my 3080 as well. 975mv @ 1905mhz. Dont think it ever goes above 69.

Associate
a>
86348035-1021-49d1-988c-9e2d9619db2a.jpg

86348035-1021-49d1-988c-9e2d9619db2a.jpg

Finally got my hands on an ASUS 3080 TUF OC. Installed tonight and have done a couple of benchmarks. Previous GPU was an EVGA 1070 SC and the CPU is the Ryzen 5 5600X. Benchmarks are at 3440x1440p resolution.

Heaven 4.0: 3080 = 198.5 FPS, 63c with CPU maxing at 75c (avg was 67c) 1070 = 68.7 FPS with CPU maxing at 63c.
Rome 2: 3080 = 145.4 FPS, 68c with CPU maxing at 73c (avg was 64c) 1070 = 84 FPS with CPU maxing at 68c.

Apologies for missing a couple of comparisons, but it clear to see the huge jump in FPS which has come at the cost of higher CPU temps.

Having said all that, I am very happy. Temperatures are under control as are noise levels.

Only complaint is the cable routing. Need to pull more down so it sits below the PSU and not above the GPU. A job for another day. I also want to try undervolting.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Did you manage to snap a pic of this? :)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TVwYsZTrz48CQLRz9

The screws you can see on the left are the screws for the fan, running through existing holes in the chassis. The right side doesn't line up with existing holes, and I didn't want to drill in to the chassis. So I used cable ties through the fan grille and existing chassis holes.

The mains cable now sits next to the top 120mm fan. While this works with the SX500-LG, other PSUs might need a different solution, as it'll depend where the power cable exists the top of the PSU.

Back
Top Bottom