Need advice upgrading my PC

Associate
Bit clueless on what I need to focus on next to upgrade my PC, would love to get it ready for cyberpunk 2077. Recently bought a 1650 super, which I know isn't the best but my case is small and it's about all that would fit. I'm not looking to max out, just a relatively good gaming experience. I think my cpu is lacking but don't know how best to pair it.

My stats are -

Motherboard - Aspire T3 - 710. V:1.1
CPU - I5 6400
GPU - GTX 1650 SUPER
RAM - 12GB DDR3
STORAGE - 3TB HHD
PSU - Classic Power 500w 80 plus bronze
Monitor - acer S240HL

I've heard good things about the razen 3600 but maybe this is too good for the gpu and assuming I'd need a new motherboard too for that. As I say, I don't really know but I'd love to get into it more so any help is greatly appreciated!

Man of Honour
Do you have an ssd ? Old mechanical hard drives are the biggest bottleneck in a modern computer.

12gb of ram , is the 8 + 4 or 3 x 4 having this can hinder performance as it won't run in dual channel. Ideally 2 x 4 or 2 x 8.

Do you have a budget in mind ?

Soldato
Bit clueless on what I need to focus on next to upgrade my PC, would love to get it ready for cyberpunk 2077. Recently bought a 1650 super, which I know isn't the best but my case is small and it's about all that would fit. I'm not looking to max out, just a relatively good gaming experience. I think my cpu is lacking but don't know how best to pair it.

My stats are -

Motherboard - Aspire T3 - 710. V:1.1
CPU - I5 6400
GPU - GTX 1650 SUPER
RAM - 12GB DDR3
STORAGE - 3TB HHD
PSU - Classic Power 500w 80 plus bronze
Monitor - acer S240HL

I've heard good things about the razen 3600 but maybe this is too good for the gpu and assuming I'd need a new motherboard too for that. As I say, I don't really know but I'd love to get into it more so any help is greatly appreciated!
Second hand i7 6700K? Will mobo take DDR4?

Associate
OP
I don't have an SSD, would this be the first thing you recommend upgrading?

I'm not sure how the RAM is set up to be honest, id have to check. But I ws thinking of upgrading that to 16GB.
Budget wise I could probably do around £300 otherwise I start questioning if its worth starting from scratch!

I'll take a look at the i7 6700k thanks. I don't think the mobo will take DDR4. been trying to google answers but finding it difficult. thought I'd assess which CPU is best suited and upgrade the mobo if necessary.

Associate
I don't have an SSD, would this be the first thing you recommend upgrading?

I'm not sure how the RAM is set up to be honest, id have to check. But I ws thinking of upgrading that to 16GB.
Budget wise I could probably do around £300 otherwise I start questioning if its worth starting from scratch!
SSD: I recommend you get a SSD or M.2 drive - it will be much faster than mechanical HDD.

Your mobo has two slots of DDR3 so I would suggest a new mobo for DDR4 which again wil be worth it.

Associate
OP
SSD: I recommend you get a SSD or M.2 drive - it will be much faster than mechanical HDD.

Your mobo has two slots of DDR3 so I would suggest a new mobo for DDR4 which again wil be worth it.

Okay is there any sort of motherboard I should be looking for in particular that would suit these requirements? Are motherboards something you can get second hand or not worth it?

Back
Top Bottom