• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
Is anyone allowed to message me what competitors they're talking about? I only know of 2 that aren't scalpers and the way OCUK has handled comms regarding this release makes me want to look elsewhere when/if the 3060 TI comes out. 63 (i think) in the queue for a 5600x. hoping if they don't ship tomorrow we at least get some communication. Thanks

Associate
Is anyone allowed to message me what competitors they're talking about? I only know of 2 that aren't scalpers and the way OCUK has handled comms regarding this release makes me want to look elsewhere when/if the 3060 TI comes out. 63 (i think) in the queue for a 5600x. hoping if they don't ship tomorrow we at least get some communication. Thanks
Don't worry I think he got it from 'ripofftech' for £334 I assume.

Last edited:
Associate
OCUK really need to have a think about how they communicate updates, its not 1996 and we're on an AOL or some BBS... I've stuck with them for years, but their comms haven't improved in years.

As for AMD... to think they smugly chided Nvidia for the shambles that was the 3000 series launch. They really need to hang their heads in shame. A Paper Launch is giving them more credit than they are due. What is interesting is my colleague in the Netherlands pointed me to one of their local sites, loads of ASUS 3090s (but wouldn't ship to UK). So, as usual the UK is the tail of the dog in supply chains, and its unlikely to get any better in the near term with our Politicians doing such a fine job of managing Brexit (I'm not talking about the merits of Brexit, so no politics, just the logistics post New Year).

I ordered a 5900x, new case, motherboard, water blocks, distro board, etc. Existing rig is Intel based... So, now I've got a collection of bits I can't do much more with. Just sitting waiting for the CPU and GPU... honestly, the box is taunting me from the other end of my home office. I'm off to eBay to buy a cheap 3200 to at least fire the thing up while I wait on OCUK and AMD...

Not talking about the politics... but completely ignoring that Taiwan isn't part of the EU... this has nothing to do with Brexit.

Associate
If you aren't already in a queue it's not like you have a choice :p

Try getting hold of any 5000 series CPU this year now... good luck :p
I'm just glad I'm upgrading and not building from scratch. Just that I was somewhat putting off trying to finish all the other upgrades until I got it, mainly because I'd rather not have to disassemble a full hardline loop to fit it when I get one

Associate
Be careful with DPD, they have been extremely limiting with delivery reschedules. I got a delivery notice this morning for today 3-4pm, obviously I did not expect it to be delivered today so I cannot accept the delivery. Their option for redelivery is tomorrow, and next week. No deliver to neighbour, or leave at the safe place or deliver to one of the pick up spots. So yeah

Associate
334. Not great but I didn't even look at the price, just rammed through the pages. Fingers crossed it actually works.

Not to judge....your judgement...

£334 for an AMD CPU entry level has zero value, then again by all means your money :) I bought my current CPU and Motherboard from them, it is good however if you have a problem they are absolutely the worse, their customer care is horrible and their customer care manager and MD are a joke with legs.

But if you have no problems then isn't N.... making the CPU!

OCUk seem to be getting less stock than competitors, also their numbers aren't as clear as the competitor and prices are just scalping prices....also because seen how bad this is handled surely they have not hired more people to justify the extra price on the CPU (or GPU). I generally like them but this time around they are getting a big hit...

Soldato
Not to judge....your judgement...

£334 for an AMD CPU entry level has zero value, then again by all means your money :) I bought my current CPU and Motherboard from them, it is good however if you have a problem they are absolutely the worse, their customer care is horrible and their customer care manager and MD are a joke with legs.

But if you have no problems then isn't N.... making the CPU!
I'm not sure what you mean. Zero value? I haven't seen it for less than £300 before so I'll take the £34 any day. I only game, no production.

Soldato
my 5950x arrived this morning :) will be installing it later tonight :D

cant wait to test it out with my 3090 :)
Mine too! GPU block for the 3090 arrives tomorrow but no screen still! Nightmare.

I'm running it on air and stealing my housemates 1080p screen lol to validate it all works (and some sneaky gaming) then I'll start plumbing tomorrow. Fingers crossed the screen comes soon. Otherwise I'll just rdp from my work macbook and start installing stuff to get it ready.

Back
Top Bottom