• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Scalping is not going to make you any friends here.
Well, you're assuming the guy is going to ask more $ than he paid....

FWIW I came to ocuk from a competitor treating me actually poor at this 3080 rat race. I placed my order (with lots of proof that I did incl paypal receipt that explicitly mentions the brand/type, price etc) at 14:17 only to get told it was cancelled a day later due to computer error. Refusing to either just insert me into a fair place in the queue and refusing any other type of compensation, I went to ocuk.

To be clear I am not under a massive illusion that any company is able to do 'deep customer care' whilst keeping the same small margins to stay competitive, and mistakes can be expected - perhaps OCUK made mistakes they are not admitting to but I have not seen anything untoward.

Associate
@Flenix nevermind i got my answer
790efe1ffe514ff012f0f58ab75b0d25.png

Associate
Hi,

I pre-ordered one of the Zotac 3080's on Monday which at the time were the only ones available to pre-order on the OC website. I've not really been following the lack of stock situation and ordered in the mindset that it was pre-order only because it was simply not out yet. After buying, I have learnt its more of a supply and demand issue and these cards have just been released and are in massive demand ( I didn't plan to upgrade in-line with the release of the new cards its just how its turned out- faulty 1080ti GPU) should I expect to be waiting around for some months to receive my order? I haven't yet received the queue email some people reference which doesn't fill me with hope. I've noticed that the 3090s are in stock but as a casual gamer not sure I can justify the money.

is there any idea on the lead/wait times on these GPU's?

Thanks,

Associate
Hi,

I pre-ordered one of the Zotac 3080's on Monday which at the time were the only ones available to pre-order on the OC website. I've not really been following the lack of stock situation and ordered in the mindset that it was pre-order only because it was simply not out yet. After buying, I have learnt its more of a supply and demand issue and these cards have just been released and are in massive demand ( I didn't plan to upgrade in-line with the release of the new cards its just how its turned out- faulty 1080ti GPU) should I expect to be waiting around for some months to receive my order? I haven't yet received the queue email some people reference which doesn't fill me with hope. I've noticed that the 3090s are in stock but as a casual gamer not sure I can justify the money.

is there any idea on the lead/wait times on these GPU's?

Thanks,
You should get your queue position email next Friday, if you placed your order only this Monday. I wouldn't say that these cards have "just" been released, as it's been over 2 months already and during any other previous launch at this point you would be able to find a card and buy it without "pre-ordering" it. But yes, there's essentially no stock available.
Someone still has an unofficial spreadsheet with the (known) queue positions for each card model which can give you an idea of how long you might have to wait for your Zotac.

But be prepared to wait way beyond January/February.

Associate
I am 12th for MSI ventus, decided not to preorder a Palit from competitor, regretting that now....Gave up looking when I got under 50, but back on the hunt now.

Associate
Genuine question. How do we get Gibbo's attention?
It's clear that this forum is going intentionally ignored and I'd like to hear some actual information from someone at OCUK, so if anyone has a real idea that would break through from the crowd and get straight to the point with OCUK, I'd genuinely appreciate the suggestion.
I think together we could be heard.
(and being honest, I have no clue)
Say his name 5 time while looking into a mirror lol
I kept on tagging him a couple of times a hour yesterday and we got a update?

Associate
Been watching the treads for the 3080 since launch. Ordered my 3080 TUF non-OC on launch day at 15:20 on the day of release. Currently sitting 46th in queue (as of friday anyways). Just seen the update on an OK ammount of TUF non-OC cards. Super fingers crossed they do recieve 50 cards. Anyone know when exactly the shipment is "incoming" ?

Associate
Looks like competitors getting MSI In this week aswell NA is now TBC. Can we please get some f'ing info, I'm tired of sitting here getting sweet f all. Would get more info from a plank then gibbo

Edit . I'm wrong was looking at 3070 table instead of 3080 lol but still . Info will be nice for next week's projected stock

Associate
Also getting those pesky Strix OCs that are nowhere to be found.

I've been moving up the queue solely on cancellations every week. My hope is that the TI release may speed up these cancellations.

Back
Top Bottom