• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Soldato
What exactly can they do?

nVidia rushed their card out, everyone screamed for AMD to follow up quickly otherwise they would 'lose'. AMD did follow up and the inevitable is inevitable.

TSMC are producing wafers for PS5, Xbox, Ryzen and Radeon and they've all released in a 1 month window. They've produced millions of consoles and they were gone within seconds too. There's only so much fab to go around.

AMD are damned if they do and damned if they don't. The only big fuckup was a single tweet about a paper launch, but in the grand scheme of things that shows how ridiculous the whole hyperbole around this crap is.

I would argue that one tweet has done them far more harm from a mindshare perspective. It's even worse that the "overclockers dream" for the Fury X pish.

Associate
but it is the supplier AMD who have hyped up and launched a product with no stock. Letting them know that we as consumers are unhappy with this situation is not "nerd rage" it is important feedback that they need to hear. Or perhaps we should all stay quiet and say thank you very much next time they pull the same truck with yet another paper launch with bull ###t msrp'#s for reference stock that doesn't exist

I think a lot people don't comprehend how a Publicly traded (NASDAQ) company with a 6 billion turnover works. There's such a thing as long term strategy, brand value, share price etc.

Look at their share price over the last year. They have doubled the value of the company. That's insane. This paper launch has improved the company standing. People not being able to get a Card on day 1, is of no major significance to them.

The card is launched, it's a new product that they have successfully researched, developed and marketed. It'll be available in due course. They know what they are doing. It's fine. It's fine, honestly. If your company is capable of making a card, you cannot just sit there with your thumb up your arse until you have 10000s in surplus stock. You've got to move on it. It's called share price. It's called business, and they are doing just fine. Nvidia were the same. Playstation are the same.... Welcome to the real world my friend.

Soldato
I don't mind them missing an open goal as much as the lies and BS they put out before even taking the field. The 6800XT is about 10% slower than they hyped, they revealed nothing about RT and it turns out on par with 2080Ti at best, but those I can live with as they are par for the course. But when lying **** Frank Azor said "I look forward to taking your $10" when someone bet AMD would be a paper launch as well, only to be 100% proven wrong when AMD did indeed paper (vapour launch) worse than Nvidia. He then had the gall to make it worse by tweeting, look at me an AMD employee buying and AMD 6800 (non XT) on AMDs website after some retries... see it isn't a paper launch.

the hell are you smoking. It smashes a 2080ti

4k benchmarks here has the 6800xt handsomely beating a 2080ti in every test. https://www.game-debate.com/news/29...ealed-amd-takes-the-4k-and-1440p-gaming-crown

Last edited:
Associate
The 6800XT is about 10% slower than they hyped, they revealed nothing about RT and it turns out on par with 2080Ti at best.

Um, what? Can you point me in the direction of some evidence of this being the case?
Everything I've watched/read has the 6800xt and 3080 trading blows at basically every level save for nvidia's own stuff (DLSS/RT)

Associate
the hell are you smoking. It smashes a 2080ti

Um, what? Can you point me in the direction of some evidence of this being the case?
Everything I've watched/read has the 6800xt and 3080 trading blows at basically every level save for nvidia's own stuff (DLSS/RT)

I think he means the RT is on par with a 2080Ti at best, and that's true from the reviews I've read. Normal rendering is on a par with the 3080 - a few FPS lower on average at 4K, but not much. But RT is equivalent to NVidia's first generation of RT cards. Which isn't that surprising given this is AMD's first gen of RT.

Soldato

Apologies I should have clarified I meant at 4K where they claimed it won or drew more than lost against the 3080 at 4K on their marketing slides.

https://images.idgesg.net/images/article/2020/10/radeon-rx-6800-xt-4k-100863937-orig.jpg

Yet the reality is they were ~7% behind at 4K.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt/35.html

Associate

There was a site can't remember where showing of around 20 plus websites that have reviewed the cards in 4k showing the 3080 leading on a good chunk of games in 4k by around 7.5% which most people knew I think from memory, I should add that's without enabling DLSS in available titles that support it, Although I'm hearing some reviewers have had some inconsistent performance issues with the 6800xt, performance is not always the same apparently from benchmark run to benchmark run, I'd be more concerned about this before even contemplating 1 of these GPU's at the moment, Not that anyone is going to get any by the looks of it.

https://uk.pcmag.com/graphics-cards/130038/amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt

Glad I got a 3080 now in all honesty.

Soldato
I think he means the RT is on par with a 2080Ti at best, and that's true from the reviews I've read. Normal rendering is on a par with the 3080 - a few FPS lower on average at 4K, but not much. But RT is equivalent to NVidia's first generation of RT cards. Which isn't that surprising given this is AMD's first gen of RT.

yeah, but in fairness AMD never bigged up their RT. They never showed graphs of it and it was always expected to be around the RT perf of Nvidia 2080ti.

Back
Top Bottom